What I miss about SD

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by piskieinboots View Post
    potentially 28 - but fingers crossed it is less and not more!
    28?
    That's great! You're a star lady, keeping your pecker up all this time.
    Roasties? YUM! Whats for pudding? Eh? Eh?
    Imagination is everything, it is a preview of what is to become.

Comment

Oh lovey. What can I say? Except what a huge Sunday roast you guys will be having when he gets home.
      If you really want one, you are more than welcome to join us - Samwise (Selfraising's daughter who is here at uni is also missing a Sunday roast) and we can all have one together. I havent set a date yet....
      Just let us know when would be convenient.
      PS You and Snowdrop are more than welcome to come up together when he gets home
      Bernie aka DDL

Appreciate the little things in life because one day you will realise they are the big things

Comment

Originally posted by lainey lou View Post
        Whats for pudding? Eh? Eh?
        I think Snowdrop is for pudding,
        All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Originally posted by Two_Sheds View Post
          I think Snowdrop is for pudding,
          and starter and

you are all sooo lovely, truly - many offers of cooking for us, sending very welcome boxes out to the Troops and helping me get through this difficult time.

Thank you

(((((group hug)))))
          aka
          Suzie

Comment

Is it normally this long Piskie?

Comment

Originally posted by Two_Sheds View Post
              Is it normally this long Piskie?
              this is actually a short one, assuming it does stick at 3 months - they used to be 4 months but are now moved up to 6 months, which comes around at least every 18 months - sometimes quicker
              aka
              Suzie

Comment

Keep smileing pisk, your on the home stright now sweet heart....Hope you enjoy your pudding (SD)

Comment

6 months, wow.

Comment

yep, 6 months is no fun - it is very hard on a relationship and many younger ones do not survive the trama. It is sad but it has to be that way.

I do get annoyed when people say 'you know what he did before you married him' maybe so - but when you are fresh married at, say, 18 (not me obv) then it comes as a huge shock when you are suddenly alone and most often away from your family and friends, often with little babies to care for.

As I married himself later in life (37) and he already had 'his boys', it was silently expected of me to help the younger wives through rough times.

Funny old life
                    aka
                    Suzie

Comment

I agree Piskie, its a funny old game.
                      In 23 years I did 11 6 month tours, as well as several 3/4 monthers, and countless exercises etc. Certainly not ideal for relationships, nor seeing the kids growing up.
                      Its definitely harder for those left behind, as those away have their mates with them all the time, whereas the partners at home are often on their own for long periods of time.
                      That said, it is a choice made, and there are certainly perks to being married to someone in the services.
                      Bob Leponge
                      Life's disappointments are so much harder to take if you don't know any swear words.

Comment

Originally posted by bobleponge View Post
                        ...and there are certainly perks to being married to someone in the services.
                        there are?
                        and they are?
                        oh hang on - twofers

..erm *thinks

oh yes - moving every couple years thereby never gaining clutter

...erm *thinks more
                        sorry, I'm stuck now
                        aka
                        Suzie

Comment

I think in this economic climate a regular salary is indeed a happy position to be in, as well as the knowledge that there is a decent pension at the end of it.
                          Cheaper housing (ideally not always the best quality, but its cheaper than local market equivalent) and you dont even have to buy work clothes!!
                          Bob Leponge
                          Life's disappointments are so much harder to take if you don't know any swear words.

Comment

you beat me to it!

I was slurping coffee thinking - and came up with:
                            recession proof salary (for him)
                            subsidised housing
                            no work clothes (for him)
                            ....and in this current post - a guard on my front door

'ere Bobs, shall we put together a PR package for the Services, I reckon we would run with this one
                            Last edited by piskieinboots; 05-10-2009, 09:01 AM.
                            aka
                            Suzie

Comment

Clearly a goer, lets do it!!
                              Bob Leponge

Comment

Originally posted by bobleponge View Post
                                and you dont even have to buy work clothes!!
                                Apart from an extortionate mess dress!

Oh and re-doing your medals every time you get a new one (OH has lots - lots of tours).

Oh and all the tour t-shirts!

But I agree, lots to moan about but good stuff too. Still we're counting down the next 2 1/2 years till the 22 year point. OH is posted to Norfolk next month, gutted.
                                Last edited by lainey lou; 05-10-2009, 10:18 AM.
                                Imagination is everything, it is a preview of what is to become.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X