No announcement yet.

What I miss about SD

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Granted re mess dress but if you consider that you will buy 2, or at worst 3 sets of mess dress in 22 years, its not a huge expense, and you generally sell the ones you no longer use.
    'Tis a pain re gongs too, minatures really used to fed me up off as I lost about 4 sets, just too flipping small.

But, and I know time's a healer, but I look back on 23 years with mainly good times, but when I was offered 5 years long service I most definitely told them to go away off. I'd just had enough by then.
    Last edited by bobleponge; 05-10-2009, 10:38 AM.
    Bob Leponge
    Life's disappointments are so much harder to take if you don't know any swear words.

Comment

i know what u mean piskie, these next 28 sleeps will fly by hunny xxxxx then its back tothe snoring, which u will have missed too xxxxx
      Dont worry about tomorrow, live for today

Comment

As Snowdrop will no doubt be very dusty when he gets home I suggest you have the roast & a glass of champagne whilst in the bath together, just don't drop the Yorkshires in or they'll go soggy!
        Into every life a little rain must fall.

Comment

hehe love it - still no blinking date tho
          aka
          Suzie

Comment

Originally posted by piskieinboots View Post
            I do get annoyed when people say 'you know what he did before you married him'
            In this area, a lot of the fellas work on the rigs. My brother does 3-and-3 (3 weeks away, 3 weeks home) but some are posted to Africa etc and are away for much longer at a time.

Funnily enough, it's the weeks spent at home that cause the most trouble... hubby thinks he's on holiday and gets under wife's feet
            All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

You're probably right TS.
              Us blokes just adore being away from our partners, families and homes for half the year, often in dangerous conditions, either from bullets or helicopter crashes or myriad other problems.
              How irritating of us to come home and want to relax for a bit, and de-stress.
              Tsk tsk, what are we thinking of.
              Bob Leponge
              Life's disappointments are so much harder to take if you don't know any swear words.

Comment

Bob, it wasn't meant to sound snitty. I meant that the men come home, are suddenly not at work 24/7 and don't know what to do with themselves. They get bored after a few days, and that's when the arguing starts

My bruv has hobbies and projects to get on with when he's home, but a lot of the fellas just come home and drink for 3 weeks
                Last edited by Two_Sheds; 05-10-2009, 06:28 PM.
                All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Boble is your pooter stuck on the 'send' button.....?! I've deleted one duplicate already, now deleting a second...

Comment

Originally posted by Two_Sheds View Post
                    Bob, it wasn't meant to sound snitty.
                    I think I know how you meant it TS (forgive me if I'm wrong) - we discussed this very thing on his last deployment home-coming, he arrives back, we are both thrilled, then he sits down and finds he feels a bit like a guest in his own house, I find I am treating him like a guest 'can I get you this or that'.

We have found our own solution, I get back to work and leave him to settle back in for as long as he needs.

When confident that he feels settled, relaxed and happy - I start with 'can you cut the grass please?' you know - normal stuff. We find it takes us a couple weeks to get back to how it was - as it were.
                    aka
                    Suzie

Comment

SIL is also RAF. DD has 2 small children (and 2 more on the way) and explains that it's the difficulty of the changing routine. Getting used to being a single parent. . .and then you're not! And when SIL comes home there can be quite a tense time of readjustment, the children are over excited and understandably no one wants to spoil the fun (but as always with over the top children it can end in tears!). But they accept that that's the job and there are perks.

(Nothing worse than cleaning soggy Yorkshire's out of the bath)
                      Life is too short for drama & petty things!
                      So laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly!

Comment

Indeed CC - I think it must be even harder for mothers, I only have myself to get upset with, get independent with, get excited with, readjust with - I can understand the sequence, children can't.

But yep, there are perks as with any job and it's a good life - he is (pretty much) recession proof.

ALTHOUGH - did you catch that on the News today about retirement at 66 now, I wonder if that pushes him to 2016 instead of the planned 2015??
                        aka
                        Suzie

Comment

Piskie, how long before SD is home?

Comment

26 sleeps unless he gets let out early for good behaviour - no idea if he gets extended
                            aka
                            Suzie

Comment

Originally posted by piskieinboots View Post
                              ... no idea if he gets extended
                              Oooooh errrr Missus!

*Gets coat.....*
                              Last edited by Glutton4...; 06-10-2009, 08:12 AM.
                              All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
                              Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

Better start puffing up his pillow then lass
                                "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X