Peckish Washing machine

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peckish Washing machine

....seems to be nibbling little (2mm) holes into all our clothes. It's very annoying and not mention, will be expensive

Any ideas please?

Sensible first then funnies please (I just 'lost' an expensive Diesel one so a tad sensitive...)

Persil powder used to do that to my t-shirts a few years back.

Have you checked around the drum for any sharp things?

Comment

Don't suppose you are missing a bra underwire are you? They get stuck sort of outside the drum (if you get me) and the ends can prod through the holes and rip clothes.
      Happy Gardening,
      Shirley

Comment

I didn't know moths could swim!

When I used to smoke the wacky baccy some of my T-shirts looked as though I had been hit with a shot gun.
        The river Trent is lovely, I know because I have walked on it for 18 years.
        Brian Clough

Comment

I found my machine did this one day, I couldn't fathom it for the life of me and I was really annoyed an the machine was only a couple of months' old. It wrecked sock, tops, the lot.

Then I twigged... one of my bra's that went through the wash (I know, I know... I'm far too lazy to wash by hand) had the under wiring poking out (as I discovered when I put it on oww!)

So, it might be worth checking for anything caught in the drum / that has been going into the washing machine at the same time
          Shortie

"There are only two lasting bequests we can hope to give our children; one of these is roots, the other wings" - Hodding Carter

Comment

I knew there was a great reason for avoiding underwired bras...

Comment

Originally posted by bubblewrap View Post
              I didn't know moths could swim!

When I used to smoke the wacky baccy some of my T-shirts looked as though I had been hit with a shot gun.
              ....Hmmmmm......as far as I know moths n hot rocks aren't water proof but with advances in modern technology perhaps.........nah!

Comment

Originally posted by SarzWix View Post
                I am pushed to find one without the tortuous things!!
                Happy Gardening,
                Shirley

Comment

Uh oh, underwire bra is a no longer underwired (and not hubby using the wire on motorbike this time either!!).

Oh bladdy hell, how do I get it out.

I've run me hand round the drum and can't feel anything obvious - do we have a mechanic in the house!!

I'm tempted to take the door seal off but I think that'll make matters worse
                  Last edited by lizzylemon; 27-09-2009, 08:21 PM.

Comment

turn the drum by hand and wait for the little beggar to fall through a hole - sorry it isn't a bit more technical
                    Happy Gardening,
                    Shirley

Comment

I think I'll being peering in the thing sometime tomorrow with a torch (knew my jewelry making tools would come handy for something else one day).

So ladies do you think this is the modern version of neddle in a hay stack - bra wire in a washing machine :0

Comment

Originally posted by shirlthegirl43 View Post
                        I am pushed to find one without the tortuous things!!
                        Our friendly supermarket Tescooooooos sells em: 3 quid a pop or a pack of 2 for a fiver I think. Used them as nursing bras last year. In the plastic packs as part of the value range I think.

Comment

Originally posted by SarzWix View Post
                          Oooo no - on me that's not a pretty sight

Sorry Lizzie... mine was still in my bra (hence the ouch factor) but I would turn the drum too, slowly, and keep and eye out for it poking out
                          Shortie

"There are only two lasting bequests we can hope to give our children; one of these is roots, the other wings" - Hodding Carter

Comment

Originally posted by lizzylemon View Post
                            Our friendly supermarket Tescooooooos sells em: 3 quid a pop or a pack of 2 for a fiver I think. Used them as nursing bras last year. In the plastic packs as part of the value range I think.
                            They don't cater for my proportions
                            Happy Gardening,
                            Shirley

Comment

Originally posted by Shortie View Post
                              ... mine was still in my bra (hence the ouch factor) .....
                              Why do they always take the most inopportune moments to start working their way out. I've been kept awake during many a meeting in the past by wires poking into my chest bones.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X