Peckish Washing machine

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lizzylemon View Post
    Why do they always take the most inopportune moments to start working their way out. I've been kept awake during many a meeting in the past by wires poking into my chest bones.
    me too - took to carrying a sewing kit with me at all times so I could patch up the escape route!
    Happy Gardening,
    Shirley

Comment

Why do they always take the most inopportune moments to start working their way out. I've been kept awake during many a meeting in the past by wires poking into my chest bones.
      Tell me about it.. or they don't escape the bra, but decide they'll poke you under the armpit instead When tht happens, you'll find me removing said bra the second I step in the front door, much the bemuzement of Mr Shortie
      Shortie

"There are only two lasting bequests we can hope to give our children; one of these is roots, the other wings" - Hodding Carter

Comment

I have slipped folded up meeting notes up there before, to stop the poking....did it in the loos not in the actual meeting you understand.

Rotate the drum very slowly and you might hear a scraping [make sure the radio is off and the family are hushed].....and feel round to see if it pokes out. It must be at some point or it wouldn't get the clothes.

And use a cushion under your knees, it could be a long job.

Comment

Now as I usually wear v-neck sweaters I always find the blooming things appear in the midst of my cleavage - just attracts extra attention
          Happy Gardening,
          Shirley

Comment

Originally posted by zazen999 View Post
            I have slipped folded up meeting notes up there before, to stop the poking....did it in the loos not in the actual meeting you understand.
            I was about to amazed at your cool bra wire ninja moves there z - great mental picture

And use a cushion under your knees, it could be a long job.

Gonna have to wait for the bambina to have her pm snooze for this little job. Otherwise we'll be fighting for head space in the drum. She loves the washing machine - she dances to it mostly
            Last edited by lizzylemon; 27-09-2009, 09:11 PM.

Comment

P.S....if you absolutely have to do it in the meeting, try business cards.

Comment

Originally posted by zazen999 View Post
                P.S....if you absolutely have to do it in the meeting, try business cards.
                What as in... Thank you for the business card... let me just slip it down my cleavage?
                Shortie

"There are only two lasting bequests we can hope to give our children; one of these is roots, the other wings" - Hodding Carter

Comment

Originally posted by Shortie View Post
                  What as in... Thank you for the business card... let me just slip it down my cleavage?
                  Your card?
                  Yes, thanks, just pop it in here for me will you?

Comment

Originally posted by Shortie View Post
                    If you haven't got any of your own, then yes!!!

Necessity is the mother of invention and all that.

Comment

Also check the filter, cos it might have made it's way down there by now.
                      All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

I was going to say spin the drum around a few times & check in the filter too, last time I checked the filter it had a 20p piece, a one pence piece & 3 collar stiffeners out of O.H.'s shirts in it, not surprised it had been making noises when it was on spin!
                        Into every life a little rain must fall.

Comment

This is going to sound daft but where is the filter on a washing machine and how do you check it?

Comment

was going to mention the bra wire as OH's (OI no comments! ) did this too but see that it's been mentioned. Try rotating the drum slowly in one direction and see if you can see it, if not, try rotating in the other direction and use tweezers to get it out...
                            Never test the depth of the water with both feet

The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory....

Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.

Comment

Filter is normally at the front of the machine, on the bottom right. Often hidden by a small flap of metal (so it looks the same as the rest of it) open that, and you will see a screw in the middle of a plastic cap looking thing. Unscrew the screw, take it out and see what falls out.
                              The filter can be at the back, or front left, but it will be at the bottom.
                              Bob Leponge
                              Life's disappointments are so much harder to take if you don't know any swear words.

Comment

do what Bob says ^^^ but put an old towel on the floor first
                                All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X