No announcement yet.

Those words regarding Santa....

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Of course there is a Father Christmas, who else would leave our house so full of presents that we can hardly get into the lounge on christmas morning, especially as usually there are me and OH, daughter, four sons and girlfriends ( those who have them ) grandson and in laws. Try unwrapping them and keeping hold of your own is a nightmare, many a time we have ended up opening someone else's. We pile them on to each other, not allowed to open till all given out, then shout GO, only condidtion is you have to remember who's name father christmas sent them from. I love it when we are all together.
    Gardening ..... begins with daybreak
    and ends with backache

Comment

Although I have no doubts about Father Christmas, I do have my doubts about the tooth fairy,

I remember going away with my grandparents to a holiday camp, during the holiday I lost one of my milk teeth it was at the back so not noticeable that it fell out, neither my grandparents new that I had lost the tooth, When I went to bed I put it under my pillow and in the morning was a shinny 50 pence , well no there wasn't all there was was the tooth, I realised the tooth fairy didn't exsist and never received another visit.

looking back I realise it was all a mistake I don't think Tooth fairies are allowed to vist you at a Holiday Parks and because I stopped believing They stopped visiting.
      I am hoping i'm right as I still have a full set of teeth now and they might be my best pension plan I have if I can keep them all till I retire
      Last edited by enrich100; 26-09-2009, 10:47 PM.
      Thought For The Day
      If a plum tomato breaks the law when it’s young
      Would it’s criminal past ketchup with it later?

Comment

I still totally believe in Faeries....although now just a little miffed to discover that the toothy ones rely on us parents to make the drop!!!
        the fates lead him who will;him who won't they drag.

Happiness is not having what you want,but wanting what you have.xx

Comment

Enrich...
          ...probably better relying on the fairies than on the welfare state we've got here.

Comment

A couple of weeks ago Charlie was playing with a totally fantastic (or should that be FAB) supersized Thunderbird 2 I managed to pick up on ebay for last Christmas. I mentioned how lucky I was to find it and was pleased to see how much he was enjoying it. I was brought down with a sharp bump when he replied that I hadnt bought it, it was from Santa, silly - remember, all Santas gifts came in the same coloured wrapping so we could tell them apart... Prompt backpedalling for me and suspicious looks from the boy. This will be our last year I reckon, quite surprised we managed to keep it going for so long (he is 7). It might get cheaper when Santa nolonger visits, but it wont be as much fun.
            odd notes about our kitchen garden project:
            http://www.distractedbyathing.net/tag/garden/

Comment

Believe me it doesnt get any cheaper, just less presents as they cost more, daughter is hoping for some GHD's this year.
              Gardening ..... begins with daybreak
              and ends with backache

Comment

I remember being in Sydney for Christmas 1981. My cousin's son was about 7 and had the same suspicious look about Father Christmas. One of the neighbours dressed up in full costume and visited all the local kids. My cousin's son's face was a picture.
                Sent from my pc cos I don't have an i-phone.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                Working...
                X