How does this work?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How does this work?

Not quite sure how to word this correctly, so will just plough on, if I offend anyone it isnt intentional, just my lack of English.

Was at a function a little while ago, and met Imran Khan, former Pakistani cricket hero, now politician, and a very popular, good looking man he is. Was also introduced to his latest belle, who, in all honesty, is absolutely flipping stunning. Proper gorgeous.

Nothing untoward there, 2 good looking people. All of the other males in positions of power also had their wives/partners with them. Sadly, the same couldnt really be said of most of the rest of them. Almost without exception, the women in the room were very attractive, but the men ..... weeeeeeellllll I dont think any of them would have made it onto the recent fantasy list.

Its long been a contention of mine that the gorgeousness of a mans laydee, is directly proportional to the size of his wallet/power status, and that evening further proved my point.

What is it about money/power that attracts women?

I'm sure there will be some gallant men who will say that they are skint, but their laydee is stunning, and I have no doubts that is the case, but, to anyone who doesnt quite see it I give you:

Sir Andrew Lloyd Webber
    David Coulthard
    Peter Stringfellow
    Rod Stewart
    Jim Davidson
    Bernie Eccleston
    Hugh Hefner

The list goes on.

Do rich powerful women attract men in the same way? Perhaps they scare them off?? I dont know, never really having met any.

Anyway, thats my heavy Sunday musings finished with, now off out to see if I can find 2 water buffalo on a motorbike.
    Bob Leponge
    Life's disappointments are so much harder to take if you don't know any swear words.

find 2 water buffalo on a motorbike? just follow the tyre tracks! but don't the hooves make using the trottle and clutch difficult?
    Kernow rag nevra

Some people feel the rain, others just get wet.
    Bob Dylan

Comment

Prince Charles & Lady Diana, yes she was stunning. Your theory went slightly wrong with "Camilla".
      Or could that be the Ugly woman attracting the good looking man.....No, wrong again.

Comment

Well..... actually.......... David Coulthard is rather yummy...
        Hayley B

John Wayne's daughter, Marisa Wayne, will be competing with my Other Half, in the Macmillan 4x4 Challenge (in its 10th year) in March 2011, all sponsorship money goes to Macmillan Cancer Support, please sponsor them at http://www.justgiving.com/Mac4x4TeamDuke'

An Egg is for breakfast, a chook is for life

Comment

not much wrong with Coulthard.

I think rich men tend to treat everything as a commodity. (beauty is a commodity too) Their choices reflect their status, so they can "afford" the best car, the biggest yacht, the most beautiful women.

Why don't rich men choose dowdy women, who may actually love them more?

Generalising from the other side, perhaps all men really are the same, (they all leave their dirty socks on the floor) so beautiful women might as well be with one who can pay the mortgage than one who can't?

Or, perhaps women care less for looks than men do. Women want someone who can fulfil them emotionally, whereas men want a partner who can make them look good (because they have fewer emotions to fulfil, who knows?)

* toddles off for another coffee
          All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Scientifically... I think powerful, rich men have higher levels of testosterone which women are instinctively/chemically attracted to. Men being men (and perhaps also down to hormones etc) will choose the most attractive of the flock of women which surround them. Although some of them will choose a more 'sensible' female as a permanent fixture, and keep the hotties to have as mistresses

I reckon rich, powerful women have more problem sorting themselves out - look at Madonna.

Coulthard is ok looking, but Bernie Ecclestone Yukk! Damon Hill though... Mmmmm.. He could be completely skint, as long as he smelled of CastrolR and looked a bit oily...
            Last edited by SarzWix; 13-09-2009, 09:28 AM.

Comment

Richard Branson is cute and he's been married for donkey's, I got a smile from him once, I sorta melted
              Hayley B

John Wayne's daughter, Marisa Wayne, will be competing with my Other Half, in the Macmillan 4x4 Challenge (in its 10th year) in March 2011, all sponsorship money goes to Macmillan Cancer Support, please sponsor them at http://www.justgiving.com/Mac4x4TeamDuke'

An Egg is for breakfast, a chook is for life

Comment

"I want a plain simple car, a cerise Cadillac, long enough to have a bowling alley in the back
                I want an old fashioned house with an old fashioned fence and an old fashioned millionaire."

See? Women have few wants.
                Last edited by maytreefrannie; 13-09-2009, 11:32 AM.
                My hopes are not always realized but I always hope (Ovid)

www.fransverse.blogspot.com

www.franscription.blogspot.com

Comment

My theory (and it's just mine) is that it all comes down to Alpha personalities, the ol' Dominant and submissive roles in people.

Female attracted because:
                  These men seem to have 1 common denominator: A dominating personalility. After all you don't become very rich, very powerful ect by being a wallflower at work, in politics etc and as female animals our basic response is choose the most dominate (alpha)male in the room (pack) because he will offer the most protection, comfortable life, so they submit themselves to top boss regardless of looks & some times personallity.

A very powerful man chooses beautiful women as it is another sign to the other men (rest of pack) that he is far superior because he can pick and choose, where as the less sucessful males have to work hard at attracting less attractive women.

Unfortunately, it doesn't work so well the other way round. Men aren't programmed to choose Alpha females such as Maddona. I think they're designed to choose a nurturing (submissive) personality which is why it doesn't work for Alpha females so well. They are too dominating and it just doesn't work. Men can't consistently be dominated all the time.

Which is why we let men get away with things every now and again

Comment

Perhaps powerful rich men actually have something about them? Perhaps they are a bit more interesting than the normal Joe?

Or are they not bothered by the fact that their money is more interesting than they are?!
                    Last edited by smallblueplanet; 13-09-2009, 11:55 AM.
                    To see a world in a grain of sand
                    And a heaven in a wild flower

Comment

I've heard a rumour about Andrew Lloyd Webber but can't actually mention it on here.

Comment

I think some women have a need to be 'looked after' or 'protected' and that leads them to go for the man most able to do this that they are able to get. In the cave man days this would have been the physically strongest, fittest, good hunter, etc. Nowadays, it is money/success which enables this.
                        For most couples these days though it is the fact that they and their partner work as a team to achieve things, like raising kids and working/running the home. Very mundane, I know, but the most successful, loving, together couples that I know are a good team.

“If your knees aren't green by the end of the day, you ought to seriously re-examine your life.”

"What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." Ralph Waldo Emerson

Charles Churchill : A dog will look up on you; a cat will look down on you; however, a pig will see you eye to eye and know it has found an equal

Comment

Originally posted by smallblueplanet View Post
                          Perhaps powerful rich men actually have something about them? Perhaps they are a bit more interesting than the normal Joe?
                          Every single rich bloke Manda?

It was only after I had bored myself writing all that down this morning and then left to quell the angry hordes outside my door (Karachi is such a quiet place) that I remembered probably the funniest line ever that I've heard on British telly.

Mrs Merton to Debbie Macgee:

So Debbie, what first attracted you to the millionaire Paul Daniels?

Cue Kriss Akabussi's ridiculous laughter, so hard he fell off the chair, as did I!!
                          Bob Leponge
                          Life's disappointments are so much harder to take if you don't know any swear words.

Comment

You don't suppose it could be that beautiful women (and the rest of us....) like rich men because there is a good chance they will be able to afford cleaners?

Giving said women the enviable lifestyle that so many of us would like to become accustomed to!
                            The weeks and the years are fine. It's the days I can't cope with!

Comment

Money is the new food. A good provider is always popular.

Generally, women are genetically programmed to seek out the best genes/partner to share for their offspring, therefore giving them the best chance of surviving and reproducing themselves.

And of course in these distasteful days of flaunting it, if you've got it and conspicuous consumption, there's millions of WAG lifestyle wannabes out there, picks and shovels at the ready!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X