No announcement yet.

How good are you at taking compliments?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I love the way the tena logo is like a puddle, with a trail coming from one side.

Comment

Am I the only person who had to Google 'tena'?
      I don't roll on Shabbos

Comment

Good grief - is it that hard to say 'thank you - you are kind!' if someone acknowledges that you've done a good job/made an effort/look nice etc etc.

That's all it needs, no agreeing or disagreeing.

As part of trying to spread a little happiness, I try to pay a sincere compliment to someone each day. I won't bother if all it does is make people cringe!

Comment

Originally posted by Rhona View Post
          Am I the only person who had to Google 'tena'?
          Probably
          aka
          Suzie

Comment

Originally posted by Hazel at the Hill View Post
            As part of trying to spread a little happiness, I try to pay a sincere compliment to someone each day. I won't bother if all it does is make people cringe!
            Oh dear Hazel, no, don't stop. I pay people compliments all the time, I guess for me its a problem of self esteem, who knows, one day I may get the hint

Comment

Good grief - is it that hard to say 'thank you - you are kind!' if someone acknowledges that you've done a good job/made an effort/look nice etc etc.

That's all it needs, no agreeing or disagreeing.

Clearly for some people Hazel, it is. I guess conditioning has it's part to play - some people are more accustomed to receiving and accepting compliments, others less so, which therefore takes some getting used to.

The same way that some people take criticism better than others.

Doesn't mean you should stop doing either.
              Last edited by HeyWayne; 08-09-2009, 02:12 PM.
              A simple dude trying to grow veg. http://haywayne.blogspot.com/

BLOG UPDATED! http://haywayne.blogspot.com/2012/01...ar-demand.html 30/01/2012

Practise makes us a little better, it doesn't make us perfect.

What would Vedder do?

Comment

For some...yep it's bloody hard!!!
                the fates lead him who will;him who won't they drag.

Happiness is not having what you want,but wanting what you have.xx

Comment

Really not very good, especially of my O.H, there's usually an ulterior motive behind it when i get one of him...if you know what i mean??

Comment

Originally posted by piskieinboots View Post
                    Probably
                    I never don't get no compliments on my intellijunce.
                    I don't roll on Shabbos

Comment

Good grief - is it that hard to say 'thank you - you are kind!'
                      Originally posted by Pumpkin Becki View Post
                      Oh dear Hazel, no, don't stop. I pay people compliments all the time, I guess for me its a problem of self esteem, who knows, one day I may get the hint
                      Originally posted by HeyWayne View Post
                      Clearly for some people Hazel, it is.
                      Originally posted by andi&di View Post
                      For some...yep it's bloody hard!!!
                      Then today's lesson is
                      1) listen to compliment
                      2) say 'thank you' and smile
                      3) say nothing else - or you will be tempted to justify/dispute/belittle the compliment
                      4)scuttle off if you must, and go very red, but also feel a glow of satisfaction - the compliment is supposed to make you FEEL GOOD

Do we have to start a 'sincere compliments thread' just to get everyone used to the idea?

Comment

Rhona, there are 2 of us, I didnt know what it was either.

I'm rubbish at taking them, self-deprecation would be my middle name if I was posh enough to have a hyphenated one.

To be fair, I am also pretty rubbish at giving them as well.
                        Bob Leponge
                        Life's disappointments are so much harder to take if you don't know any swear words.

Comment

Can you break us in gently with a 'kind comments' thread first?

Comment

Then today's lesson is
                            1) listen to compliment
                            2) say 'thank you' and smile
                            3) say nothing else - or you will be tempted to justify/dispute/belittle the compliment
                            4)scuttle off if you must, and go very red, but also feel a glow of satisfaction - the compliment is supposed to make you FEEL GOOD
                            Abso flamin lutely. I am trying to just say thankyou, but its hard
                            WPC F Hobbit, Shire police

Comment

Originally posted by bobleponge View Post
                              To be fair, I am also pretty rubbish at giving them as well.
                              Next lesson will be 'how to give an compliment!'

It's an advanced lesson - because it must be sincere (or you just look a bit creepy) and depending on the people round you, it can be quite difficult to see something of merit in others!

If in doubt (girls) you can always say 'oh - I do like your earrings/necklace/shoes' to other girls because you probably do, and you chaps can always do the lads compliment to other lads of 'nice one!' in response to almost anything.

Comment

Originally posted by Pumpkin Becki View Post
                                Can you break us in gently with a 'kind comments' thread first?
                                Now you see, that has just made me laugh!

Originally posted by FionaH View Post
                                Abso flamin lutely. I am trying to just say thankyou, but its hard
                                Bite tongue, walk away or change subject. Remember the compliment and cherish it for later.

Giving compliments is a Good Thing as it makes you look for the positive & makes the world a happier place.

Mind you, there is still a place for a bloody good bitch too!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X