No announcement yet.

What Time Is Dinner Time?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Supper/dinner, when the work is actually FINISHED (but not before 6, unless we've got to go out again just after), aim for 6.30 on a good day, but 10 has been known.
    In Spain, few restaurants that serve evening meals open until 8, and not many diners before 9.30.
    Flowers come in too many colours to see the world in black-and-white.

Comment

Mr Wix drives me crazy if he's cooking, it often isn't ready til after 7, and heading for 8pm. That, I think, is far, far too late when the youngest is going to bed at 8 o'clock. Plus I'm ready to start eating my own limbs by then. For me, 6 o'clock is perfect, 6.30 latest.

We say breakfast, lunch and tea. Supper is the couple of biscuits or a jam sandwich and a glass of milk that the kids have before bed.
      Last edited by SarzWix; 07-09-2009, 03:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by zazen999 View Post
        .....or if I am having 'motivational issues' in which case it could be anytimeatall.
        LOL I thought it was just me. Like now - should be getting dinner ready and here I am reading a thread about dinner/supper/tea

Comment

Brakfast, lunch, tea, simples lol. Tea is served between 6 and 7pm when OH gets in during the week and between 7 and 9pm at weekends, why ???? cos OH cooks at weekends and he gets up later so all meals are later lol.
          Gardening ..... begins with daybreak
          and ends with backache

Comment

Originally posted by lizzylemon View Post
            LOL I thought it was just me. Like now - should be getting dinner ready and here I am reading a thread about dinner/supper/tea
            No, I've had to get ours on as I'm at photo club tonight and still haven't printed anything out. I'm such a lush.

Comment

Breakfast, dinner and tea here too. Supper as a kid was a biccie before bed or what posh people called tea. Ideally I'd eat my tea at about 8ish but we compromise on 7.30. Any earlier and I'd never get anything done after work. Was round the mother in law's yesterday and massive big tea was served up at about 5, just after we'd walked through the door. Bless her, it was lovely but it does my head in and I just feel over faced. Like to get it and sort myself out before being force fed.

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

Not even started it yet and I have to have a shower and be ready to go out at 7pm better get my skates on lol
                Gardening ..... begins with daybreak
                and ends with backache

Comment

It's breakfast lunch and dinner.
                  Breakfast is 6:30 (), lunch at 12:30 and dinner can be anytime from 6:30 to 9:30

you get really long days when you commute to work

Comment

I try to get dinner done and dusted by about 6 where possible, especially in term time, if I am not organised or just generally in a 'sod it' mood it could be as late as 8.30 which is mostly Friday nights or when we are on holiday. I've found I'm much more organised if I DON'T ask himself what he fancies for dinner, I decide and then just do it!!

If the offspring are peckish later on they can have biscuits fruit or a bit of cake if I have made one.
                    Kirsty b xx

Comment

Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner here (although it's 'Supper' at the In-law's!) Tea is late afternoon with cakes/scones etc innit? Well it was when my Nan was about anyway!

We usually eat between 8 and 9 although I'd prefer earlier, it just never happens - especially when the evenings are light.
                      All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
                      Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

Beefy eats when Beefy is hungry - simples
                        Big breakfast in the morning around 06.30
                        Quick snak at tea break - 09.30- 10.00 time depends on how much grass we have cut / weather etc
                        Lunch/ Dinner- 13.00
                        Tea/ Supper - 17.30 . No later than 18.00 .
                        One maybe two cups of tea - no biscuits/cake or pastry between Tea/ Supper and bedtime.
                        There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore and who always will. Don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it in your future.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X