What Time Is Dinner Time?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bobleponge View Post
    Scuse my ignorance but whats a tea lady?
    or could it be Mr T's wife or girlfriend

Last edited by enrich100; 07-09-2009, 11:49 AM.
    Thought For The Day
    If a plum tomato breaks the law when it’s young
    Would it’s criminal past ketchup with it later?

Comment

Or something considerably different, thinking the wife of someone on Coronation Street I think
      Bob Leponge
      Life's disappointments are so much harder to take if you don't know any swear words.

Comment

We have dinner at around 1pm its usually salad or a sandwich then a mug of tea and cake/biscuits at 4 ish with our main meal that we also call tea at 8pm ish. confusing

I used to work at school as a 'dinner lady' and one little girl in the reception class didn't want to eat dinner because she had dinner at home with her Daddy.
        Location....East Midlands.

Comment

It's breakfast, lunch and supper here too - unless I'm making several courses when it's dinner. And supper time is 7.30 - 8pm.
          And I'm with Bluemoon - all meals are eaten in the dining room with the table properly set.

From each according to his ability, to each according to his needs.

Comment

Try to eat between 6.30 and 7.30. Im with bluemoon too, Eat at table no phones and a bit of conversation. Well thats on a good day. On a bad day its whenever it's cooked for whoever is in to eat it!
            WPC F Hobbit, Shire police

Comment

between 5 and 6; unless I have college when it is after I get home at 9:30ish; or if the OH is going to tennis it is 5 onthedot.....or if I am having 'motivational issues' in which case it could be anytimeatall.

Comment

Breakfast is any time up to 8am, dinner is 1 ish and tea time is between 5 & 6pm, but when it's summer we do tend to eat later anytime between 8 & 9pm, well you've got to make the most of the light night's.

Comment

Dinner time is whenever the wolf says it is!

or was it just our school that played that particular game?
                  A simple dude trying to grow veg. http://haywayne.blogspot.com/

BLOG UPDATED! http://haywayne.blogspot.com/2012/01...ar-demand.html 30/01/2012

Practise makes us a little better, it doesn't make us perfect.

What would Vedder do?

Comment

Originally posted by HeyWayne View Post
                    Dinner time is whenever the wolf says it is!

or was it just our school that played that particular game?
                    Nope, we played it too (in Scotland and here in Pembrokeshire)
                    Happy Gardening,
                    Shirley

Comment

O mi wayne... what big teeth you have.

Comment

I have lunch when Mr S has dinner ... about 1pm
                        I have dinner when he has his tea ... between 6-7pm

I used to have tea with my Nan ... after school, about 4pm. Cuppa tea and homemade fruitcake.
                        All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

5pm here as the boys can't wait any longer! OH likes to eat then too as he works from home so just had to come downstairs to eat!

A couple of nights a week we will eat at 7 when the children are in bed so we can have sensible conversation!

Comment

Mrs RT has Dinner for me Tea for the kids prepped and ready for 4:30 - 5pm ( as she's a child minder, the children need to eat before they leave)
                            Never test the depth of the water with both feet

The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory....

Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.

Comment

Breakfast, lunch, supper. In our house
                              Supper anywhere after about 5:30pm but before 7pm is good- ideal would be 6:30!
                              I tend to call it dinner if I cook a 'posh' meal. Starter, main and sweet!
                              It's tea if we have something light and early.
                              Lunch is lunch no matter what the meal so roast beef midday is called lunch as is a quick sandwich.
                              Great post Rhona....makes you think why and what you call meal times
                              Tend to eat later in the summer- no idea why, guess it's to do with day light!
                              confused?????? me too!
                              Last edited by Headfry; 07-09-2009, 02:28 PM.

Comment

in the shed household we dont eat till everybody is in and if the little un's are out they know tea is 6pm we set the rule to all eat together. of course it does change but only in the main when we are all doing something to gether.

one thing that hasn't changed is that nobody comes for dtea anymore the kids friends think we are strange as we eat together at the table and have real food most days( real;asin salads or veg and potatoes)
                                strange uhh!
                                this will be a battle from the heart
                                cymru am byth

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X