No announcement yet.

Does anyone else wholesale shop?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As I am self employed, I got a Makro card for the sake of it. Still haven't been though. Will eventually drag myself 2 1/2 miles down the road to it but once I get in there I will probs go mad and won't be out for hours.
    All vehicles now running 100% biodiesel...
    For a cleaner, greener future!

Comment

Originally posted by Alison View Post
      We've got a Costco card but I never really use it. A lot of the food is processed stuff which I don't eat and there is no information about the meat's source (except country of origin and that can be suspect due to the way the laws work). OH bought some chicken breasts in there once, they were pumped full of water and really horrible. Might have been cheap in theory but I'd never buy them again and would much rather buy a smaller amount of good quality meat. Tend to buy washing powder etc in bulk on the internet and they don't sell the varieties I want anyway and all the toiletries are the horrible chemical ones full of SLSs etc.
      What site(s) do you use for washing powder Alison? I would like to buy in bulk as I have storage space for it, and buying a big box monthly does push my grocery bill up.
      We would deffo consider bulk buying - the problem with us is being organised enough to actually do it and prepare storage space before we go!!
      Kirsty b xx

Comment

Originally posted by kirsty b View Post
        What site(s) do you use for washing powder Alison? I would like to buy in bulk as I have storage space for it, and buying a big box monthly does push my grocery bill up.
        We would deffo consider bulk buying - the problem with us is being organised enough to actually do it and prepare storage space before we go!!
        I buy ecover powdered stuff and vary where I buy it off depending on where is cheapest. Also bought a 5l container of their washing up liquid for decanting into smaller bottles. Not too sure where I bought them from last time but know it was cheaper than buying the smaller boxes and I like the fact that I used less packaging which is very important to me.

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

Originally posted by matthew2riches View Post
          As I am self employed, I got a Makro card for the sake of it. Still haven't been though. Will eventually drag myself 2 1/2 miles down the road to it but once I get in there I will probs go mad and won't be out for hours.
          I remember the time my OH and our then flat mate (no longer, thank goodness!) went to Makro, they were gone for ages and came back with two cases of tinned kidney beans, a HUGE block of cheese and very little else (they were not in posession of their full faculties at the time)... the thing is none of us liked kidney beans and the use by date on the cheese was the following day.

My OH kept saying 'but the cheese was sooooo cheeeap'.
          http://vegblogs.co.uk/overthyme/

Comment

i used too......but ended up spending more than I needed too.....now I just shop about at the usual suspects. Comparethesupermarket.com is a good way to find bargains
            Dont worry about tomorrow, live for today

Comment

Originally posted by Two_Sheds View Post
              We've had a couple of crates from Laithwaites/Virgin/Tesco/Times, using promotions, but tbh, it's usually cheaper to stock up when your favourites are on BoGoF

although it's nice to come home dirty & tired from the lotty and find a crate of wine on your doorstep
              We find that the trick with Laithwaites is not to buy for ages, we held out for so long last time that they sent us two £60 off vouchers, so we were drinking Black Stump (very nice ozzie Shiraz) for three quid a bottle

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
              Working...
              X