No announcement yet.

How Many People Drive To The Lottie?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

at the moment i drive most of the time as ive not long had mine so i havnt got a shed to keep my tools in so its a lot to carry back n forth but im getting a shed next monday so ill be riding my bike then cant wait it will keep me fit at the same time

Comment

Walk if we are stopping off at the pub on the way back
      cycle most of the time
      drive if I have stuff to take there or I know there will be lots to bring back. Esp if I am doing DIY - so my drill and sonic screwdriver have to come along; as well as screws, bits of wood, string, a pencil etc etc etc.

Comment

We have only had our lottie since June, so we have been ferrying stuff back and forth but its about a mile and if I'm on my own I walk which takes about 10 minutes or so. I think of it as my warm up before I get there
        http://herbie-veggiepatch.blogspot.com

Updated 23rd February 2009

Comment

Always 8 miles each way but well worth it soil is perfect not orible clay like here....jacob
          What lies behind us,And what lies before us,Are tiny matters compared to what lies Within us ...
          Ralph Waide Emmerson

Comment

My lottie is, I think, about 4 miles from home. Even in the car it can take me 15 - 20 minutes when the traffic is bad.
            Bernie aka DDL

Appreciate the little things in life because one day you will realise they are the big things

Comment

Quicker to walk lottie only 5 mins walk.
              The river Trent is lovely, I know because I have walked on it for 18 years.
              Brian Clough

Comment

I have to drive as I have nowhere secure to store my tools and it is just a little too far to walk with a rake, mattock, fork, etc.

Comment

My lottie is by my childrens school so I try and get in the habit of taking them in the morning and then walk and then go to the plot and then walk home for lunch with my toddler.

Comment

Drive. It's a 20 minute walk, but with nowhere to store anything I have to take it all with me each time.
                    A simple dude trying to grow veg. http://haywayne.blogspot.com/

BLOG UPDATED! http://haywayne.blogspot.com/2012/01...ar-demand.html 30/01/2012

Practise makes us a little better, it doesn't make us perfect.

What would Vedder do?

Comment

hi all
                      i think i cheated when i said i do not drive but then i have not got a lotte ,
                      just a fair size veg plot in my garden,
                      my youngest (33 this year) has told me he and his wife are getting a lotte and my plot is about half the size he has been told his plot will be.
                      this is my second year so he must have seen all my produce (free veg to him) he made me laugh when he said he must be getting old thinking about a lotte.

Comment

even if you all drive to your allotments your food miles should be less than purchasing fruit + veg from supermarkets thats unless to drive to pick up 1 pea at a time
                        Thought For The Day
                        If a plum tomato breaks the law when it’s young
                        Would it’s criminal past ketchup with it later?

Comment

Originally posted by bluemoon View Post
                          ...ever tried keeping a long-handled hoe and rake in a Micra?
                          Yep all the time before I got my shed lol
                          Gardening ..... begins with daybreak
                          and ends with backache

Comment

My lottie is about 2.5 miles from home on the road but nearer 2 miles on the Trans Pennine trail. It is also on a bus route with a stop just the other side of the main road. Not used the bus but do tend to cycle up there quite bit especially since OH bought me a bike trailler for our wedding anniversary. Can't use the trailer on the trail but can get a lot of stuff in it and really enjoyed cycling up there earlier in the year with the tomato plants wafting in the breeze even though the extra weight and drag really slows me down especially with a huge pile of spuds yesterday..... I find that it doesn't take that much longer to cycle than to drive and I can get there and back after doing a bit of harvesting in about an hour which is good unwind time for me.

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

We're probably a fifty/fifty.
                              It's about a fifteen minute walk.Early morning chook duty normally involves the car,although when I'm up early enough I enjoy the walk.
                              During the week(datyime) I always walk as Andi has the car for work,weekends is when we usually take advantage of the car to ferry things either there or back,but if we're planning a bonfire we normally walk to allow for a couple of beers!
                              Last edited by di; 31-08-2009, 11:42 PM.
                              the fates lead him who will;him who won't they drag.

Happiness is not having what you want,but wanting what you have.xx

Comment

I wish i had a Lottie to go to
                                o well maybe next year or the year after or after that
                                Cheers .... John

Web link to our Allotment website http://lawsonsallotment.btck.co.uk/

PS my plot is 9 shown on the Plot Holders Pictures

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X