No announcement yet.

Shooting stars

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One of mine and OH's first 'dates' was watching these on a darkened moor. I was fairly naive back then and thought it was 'romantic'. If some bloke suggested taking one of my daughter's up there at midnight complete with woolly blanket to sit on I'd give him a clip round the ear.
    Into each life some rain must fall........but this is getting ridiculous.

Comment

I love sitting in the garden watching the sky. OK, Lowestoft's not an ideal place but have no transport to get out of town to get away from the light pollution. But I remember watching an eclipse of the moon with my son (around 20 years ago) both of us sitting on a camp bed at the bottom of the garden with a sleeping bag and baking spuds in foil in the remains of a bonfire. Saw loads of nightlife, including bats and hedgehogs, and the eclipse was spectacular. Also sat in another garden in Lowestoft watching for Halley's Comet a few years ago, and trying hard to stay awake tonight to look for shooting stars.

Comment

Too cloudy here I think they suggested on the News to look to the North East to see them.
        AKA Angie

Comment

too cloudy up here aswell, but im staying up a wee while longer, just incase, so heres hopeing

Comment

HA HA it was worth staying up, ive seen seven, but its clouded over again, so ive poped in for a cuppa and im going back out again, wow, ive never seen that before, it was smart,xx

Comment

Woke up to solid rain this morning, so can't imagine there was much to see down this way. Congratulations ardroil, I have meteor envy now.

Comment

Had a look last night but couldn't see anything but clouds. Then it rained.
                A simple dude trying to grow veg. http://haywayne.blogspot.com/

BLOG UPDATED! http://haywayne.blogspot.com/2012/01...ar-demand.html 30/01/2012

Practise makes us a little better, it doesn't make us perfect.

What would Vedder do?

Comment

It was really cloudy here too, but hoping that the forecast would be wrong, we drove out to Ebbor. It wasn't wrong...the cloud was thick there and then a sea fog rolled in so it was hopeless.

Driving home down the twisty turny lanes wasn't too good, but we did see deer, badgers amd a couple of foxes, one vixen leading three biggish cubs.

Jules
                  Jules

Coffee. Garden. Coffee. Does a good morning need anything else?

♥ Nutter in a Million & Royal Nutter by Appointment to HRH VC ♥

Althoughts - The New Blog (updated with bridges)

Comment

Originally posted by julesapple View Post
                    but we did see deer, badgers amd a couple of foxes, one vixen leading three biggish cubs.

Jules
                    Now that's a silver lining if ever I saw one you lucky thing you.

Comment

Originally posted by HeyWayne View Post
                      Had a look last night but couldn't see anything but clouds. Then it rained.
                      What he said. We even went for a walkies up on Leith Hill. Alas, not a sausage (or a star).

Comment

I saw only 1 and that was during a break in the clouds, so I gave up and went to bed feeing a bit jealous of Headfry who saw 4 of them.
                        Location....East Midlands.

Comment

Coudy last night so did not get to see.

Rusty Lady.....I also sit out watching the sky. Looking for bats, the first stars to shine, hedgehogs on our feeder! Its my kind of heaven.
                          Saw 4 satellites whilst watching for the 'fantastic display'
                          You can even see the Space station at certain times! I had a web site booked marked that told when and where to look- lost the web site add. Anyone know of a good one for this?

Comment

I use this sky chart Sky Chart

PS its set for where I live so you would have to set it for you (on the home page)

Comment

Cloudy here too
                              "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Way too cloudy here too, so my daughters' virtue is safe for another year.
                                Into each life some rain must fall........but this is getting ridiculous.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X