No announcement yet.

giving up my lotty & the blue shed

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A hard decision to reach TS, but it sounds like you've made it for all the right reasons. Just think how much travel time you'll save with your nearer-to-home plot.

Comment

This is a really difficult decision and I admire you for making it. We are currently gardening on two sites and are thinking of giving up on one. The trouble is it's one we've had for years and reclaimed back when it was a bramble infested nightmare, but the new one is where we keep the chickens. Obviously we have to visit the chickens twice a day and we're finding that the old plot is becoming neglected. We still have lots of things growing there though so it won't be for a while, but what's really stopping me is the amount of time and love we've lavished upon it in the past - not to mention the cash. If you're brave enough to leave your blue shed though, I'm sure I can part with my plum tree.
      Into each life some rain must fall........but this is getting ridiculous.

Comment

damn shame, but then, if you can't do it, you can't do it...I put my name down for one, but the back garden took up so much f my time this year [and I'm not complaining about that] I'm not sure I'll have the time to have an allotment as well.
        Hats off to you for doing it for so long. And having a working back is mor eimportant

P.S. I love pink, but only shocking pink and only when people expect you not to like it because I'm awkward like that...

Comment

Originally posted by bluemoon View Post
          it's one we've had for years and reclaimed back when it was a bramble infested nightmare, ... what's really stopping me is the amount of time and love we've lavished upon it
          Yes, I had the same thoughts. I've been gradually moving plants to my new lotty, and sowing green manures on the old one.
          I went up today and did a weeding blitz, and harvested loads of onions, shallots and broad bean seeds.

I really want to move my apple tree ... it's a dwarf, and is finally coming into full production after 5 years of trying.
          All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

If you paint half the new brown shed in sage green you can call yourself Two Shades?
            I'll get me coat!
            Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X