• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by janeyo View Post
    Did you get your bike replaced?
    I got it repaired ... £250.
    A new one is £1150

... and I hate pink
    All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

R.I.P gorgeous blue shed
      Tammy x x x x
      Fine and Dandy but busy as always

God made rainy days so gardeners could get the housework done

Stay at home Mum (and proud of it) to Bluebelle(8), Bashfull Bill(6) and twincesses Pea & Pod (2)!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Two_Sheds View Post
        ... and I hate pink
        Phew..another 'normal' Grape'!!!!
        "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Well, it's been coming, but a combination of my bike crash and the awful weather 3 years running means that I am giving up one of my lotties: I haven't been able to work it at all for the last 4 months, and only barely for the 8 months before that).

It is 6 miles away and every time I try to get to do some work, it rains. Cycling 12 miles in pouring rain just ain't fun, and it's not feasible by bus either (£6, and still a 2 mile walk to and fro).

More sad than that, I am selling my blue shed (see avatar). I hope someone will love them both as much as I have.

I can now direct all my energy into my new lotty, which is only 2 miles away.
          Seems pretty logical. Good luck, sure you will pack it all in to your space closer to home.
          BumbleB

I have raked the soil and planted the seeds
          Now I've joined the army that fights the weeds.

Comment

Commiserations TS, but probably the right decision - I didn't realise you cycled that far to the Lottie

I hope it goes well for you, and think you've probably made the right decision, however hard it was. Don't think of it as a defeat but as time to move on. Just think how much time you'll be able to devote to your other plot If I were nearer I'd move your lovely blue shed for you!

ps I hate pink too!
            All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
            Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

Originally posted by Flummery View Post
              Got a shed at the nearer lottie? Can you paint it blue 'in memory'?
              Sometimes you've got to take the hard decision. As soon as you do you feel better.
              Agree with the hard decision thing totally.... it will be a relief - but we'll miss your blue shed too of course

Haven't been on the vine too much lately and didn't realise you'd had a bike crash.... what a nightmare for you. Hope you are well and truly on the mend now.
              All at once I hear your voice
              And time just slips away
              Bonnie Raitt

Comment

I got it repaired ... £250.
                A new one is £1150

... and I hate pink
                Good to hear about your bike - I had feared it was unrepairable.. and I remember your thing about pink flowers that grew when you didn't want pink ones.. and defo think you need a pink shed to come round to the idea of PINK PINK PINK PINK PINK

Comment

I hope you will be very happy at your new lottie Two Sheds.
                  I'm sure it will be all for the best.

You're not the only one losing a blue shed.
                  I have one in this garden which I hate and it's leaving any day now.
                  But I know you love yours and will miss it. Hope you get another happy shed.

From each according to his ability, to each according to his needs.

Comment

Originally posted by Glutton4... View Post
                    - I didn't realise you cycled that far to the Lottie
                    It was OK while the weather was good and my back wasn't so sore. I worked at the school next door, my brother was 2 streets away, and my Mum and sister were another mile away from that.

So I could stay overnight at Mum's and see everyone once a week, and get a couple days on the lotty too.

however, it's just got out of control now (the lotty) and I don't have the time or energy to wrestle it back. Every time I get a chance to get over there, it belts down.

I'd rather give it to someone who will love it, than keep it and let it go weedy

Comment

It was OK while the weather was good and my back wasn't so sore. I worked at the school next door, my brother was 2 streets away, and my Mum and sister were another mile away from that.

So I could stay overnight at Mum's and see everyone once a week, and get a couple days on the lotty too.
                      I hope you'll still be visiting the family

Comment

Family could visit me ... those bus things run twice every hour y'know

Comment

Feeling your pain TS, having spent two and a bit hours yesterday solid weeding after being unable to get to my plot for about 3 and a bit weeks. I can understand not wanting to take that kind of work on in your condition.

I have an idea of how tough a decision it must have been too - toiling with "doing the right thing" myself and giving mine up. Glad I didn't though.

At least now you'll be able to concentrate all of your efforts into the one plot and imagine how cool that one will be as a result.

Like the sage idea - I'm hoping to repaint our front door a similar colour.

Good luck with your one plot Two_Sheds.
                          A simple dude trying to grow veg. http://haywayne.blogspot.com/

BLOG UPDATED! http://haywayne.blogspot.com/2012/01...ar-demand.html 30/01/2012

Practise makes us a little better, it doesn't make us perfect.

What would Vedder do?

Comment

TS, I hope you'll keep your avatar as it is, a happy reminder of your blue shed.

It's tough making tough decisions, but I think it'll work out for the best - you won't have to think about organising yourself to get to the further plot, and the whole rain thing bucketing down whenever you do manage to get the time.

I'd love to read - in six months or a year - that you're happy with the decision and getting on fine with your garden and the nearer plot.

Good wishes.
                            My hopes are not always realized but I always hope (Ovid)

www.fransverse.blogspot.com

www.franscription.blogspot.com

Comment

I think you've done the right thing, TS. What you describe doesn't sound like much fun at all (apart from seeing the rellies, which I hope is fun!).

Comment

Aaah TS that must have been a tough decision for you.
                                Like what you said about rather someone else was loving and enjoying it that it getting all weedy, though.
                                Imagination is everything, it is a preview of what is to become.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X