could you live without it for a week?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by slabbit View Post
    easy..... mine is pay as you go put £10 on it in march and still got £5.60 on it
    £10 a year does me too! I can't really call mine mobile, most of the time I can't remember which drawer I've left it in!!

Comment

No problems at all, I'd hate to feel reliant on a piece of plastic!

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

Like a few other Grapes I dislike them. Top-up (£5) lasts at least a year, my mobile is gathering stoor - somewhere

Comment

Hate mine, but have it with me at all times in case the kids have an emergency. The weird thing is I was telling a friend last night, who is an artist, that I recall being with my aunt - another artist - and us collecting carpet sample books from carpet shops so she could use them for a collage and them being so heavy that we had to phone my uncle for help. In my mind I picture her using a mobile to phone him, but it was 1969, we must have actually gone to a phone-box, but the memory of it has gone and been replaced by something which has to be completely false.
          Into each life some rain must fall........but this is getting ridiculous.

Comment

Our landline is used by OH for a fax. His mobile is needed for work. Only way I get to use a phone is to have a mobile, but it isn't indispensible (quite).
            It does come in handy as a 'walkie-talkie' when we need to communicate from opposite ends of a work location.....
            Flowers come in too many colours to see the world in black-and-white.

Comment

Mine's always in my pocket and rarely gets used. I can make a £10 top up last anywhere from 3-6 months
              Urban Escape Blog

Comment

What mobile phone?

Comment

You must be joking. I couldn't live without my blackberry.
                  Email ,internet to keep an eye on you all through the day,mp3 player to listen to some music while working, a calendar so I know where I'm supposed to be and when.Camera to take pics of interesting things, sat nav to get me there and home again, alarm clock to get me up in time.
                  Oh and every now and again somebody rings me and wants to talk to me .
                  Sometimes I even ring other people on it as well.

No I could not live without my phone for a couple of hours - and you want to take it off me for a week

This message was posted from Beefy's Blackberry.
                  There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore and who always will. Don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it in your future.

Comment

I can just imagine them reading some of those jokes textsa lol
                    Never test the depth of the water with both feet

The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory....

Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.

Comment

I can do without the phone part but it has all my contacts, notes,tasks, appointments on it....so I am totally out of touch.

Happened to me Monday/Tuesday....I was suffed
                      My phone has more Processing power than the Computers NASA used to fake the Moon Landings

Comment

all types of phone are for my conveniance only.i have educated my friends that when they ring to leave a message on the answer machine and when conveniant i will phone back.if i get a call with no caller i.d. i ignore the call and never use my phone for calls from companys asking me to call back or confirm something or other and as for texts curse of the world.my mobile same thing and is used mainly for work.the fun of having a mobile soon wears thin when you have to carry up to three mobiles pager radio and two big sets of keys all fighting for space in your pockets.
                        a good put down line to use !

If having brains was a fatal disease, you would be the only survivor.

Comment

I am about to find out as I am using the spare phone we keep after loosing mine, now daughters is broken and I would rather she has a phone than me so I will be without till one of us buys a new one and I fear it will be for more than a week
                          Gardening ..... begins with daybreak
                          and ends with backache

Comment

Nope - no way, But I could live without the television!!! EASY

Comment

Originally posted by Headfry View Post
                              Nope - no way, But I could live without the television!!! EASY
                              Yeah, as long as I have the internet, and can actually survive without either for a couple of weeks at a time (on holiday).
                              The phone is even more fundamental when on holiday, as there is no other phone available for several miles.....
                              Flowers come in too many colours to see the world in black-and-white.

Comment

I went onto contract because i never topped my credit up on my phone, now ive done that i never remember to re charge the blessed thing! Sub conciously i think i am trying not to actually be contacted on it, though it is useful when car breaks down or there is an emergency. Would find it harder to live without the internet as i use that far more for work, rest and play.
                                When weeding, the best way to make sure you are removing a weed and not a valuable plant is to pull on it. If it comes out of the ground easily, it is a valuable plant. ~Author Unknown

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X