Freecycle, comes with a free laugh!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pumpkin Becki View Post
    What a shame about your poet freecycler, but bonus for you Ollie.
    Last edited by OllieMartin; 07-10-2009, 08:22 AM.
    Current Executive Board Members at Ollietopia Inc:
    Snadger - Director of Poetry
    RedThorn - Chief Interrobang Officer
    Pumpkin Becki - Head of Dremel Multi-Tool Sales & Marketing and Management Support
    Jeanied - Olliecentric Eulogy Minister
    piskieinboots - Ambassador of 2-word Media Reviews

WikiGardener a subsidiary of Ollietopia Inc.

Comment

Originally posted by OllieMartin View Post
      Is Kevin McCloud that guy from Highlander?
      snigger!
      There can be only one!!!
      Imagination is everything, it is a preview of what is to become.

Comment

Is Kevin McCloud that guy from Highlander?
        Oh Ollie
        You are are wally
        Kevin's our guru
        on all things self-build-ru

okay, thats the only way I could make it rhyme!!

Comment

I'm no poet
          and now you all
          know it.
          If a thing's worth doing, it's worth doing to excess

Comment

Originally posted by lainey lou View Post
            snigger!
            There can be only one!!!
            Haha, thank you

Originally posted by Pumpkin Becki View Post
            Oh Ollie
            You are are wally
            Kevin's our guru
            on all things self-build-ru

okay, thats the only way I could make it rhyme!!
            Oh Becki,
            by hecki,
            you gave it a go, and now you know,
            that rhyming can be quite tricky!
            Pumpkin Becki - Head of Dremel Multi-Tool Sales & Marketing and Management Support

Comment

Maybe I'm paranoid after a lifetime living in Manchester, but you told someone your address, then told them you were going away for 2 weeks? EEK!

Sounds like one of those "bad idea" things - though I wouldn't expect the average burglar to resort to poetry to get a fridge.

Comment

I wish our local Freecyclers were more like yours Ollie! I offered 5 bags of miscellaneous novels. Had one response, and ended up having to deliver them to the guy! Not even a thankyou...

And then this is the standard of our "wanted" :

"Hi iv got a nite out cuming up an havin to dress up,got mastly every thing but shoes.As i dnt wear shoes dnt see the point of going buying a pair just to wear once.so if u cud help im a size 6 an if pos black but not too big of heel as id b in them for sum hrs an never wore heels.lol.thank u fu reading plz help."

I'm sorry, they don't wear shoes???? Am I mean if I think if they can't be bothered to ask nicely in proper sentences, then I can't be bothered to answer? (I get the impression that it's laziness and "style" rather than illiteracy.)

Caro
                Caro

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach him how to fish, and he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day

Comment

Originally posted by organic View Post
                  Maybe I'm paranoid after a lifetime living in Manchester, but you told someone your address, then told them you were going away for 2 weeks? EEK!

Sounds like one of those "bad idea" things - though I wouldn't expect the average burglar to resort to poetry to get a fridge.
                  I tried to be non-specific about when I would be away, I did think of that at the time. Besides, I had a friend living in my place for the full 2 weeks so it was well looked after.

Originally posted by Caro View Post
                  I wish our local Freecyclers were more like yours Ollie! I offered 5 bags of miscellaneous novels. Had one response, and ended up having to deliver them to the guy! Not even a thankyou...

And then this is the standard of our "wanted" :

"Hi iv got a nite out cuming up an havin to dress up,got mastly every thing but shoes.As i dnt wear shoes dnt see the point of going buying a pair just to wear once.so if u cud help im a size 6 an if pos black but not too big of heel as id b in them for sum hrs an never wore heels.lol.thank u fu reading plz help."

I'm sorry, they don't wear shoes???? Am I mean if I think if they can't be bothered to ask nicely in proper sentences, then I can't be bothered to answer? (I get the impression that it's laziness and "style" rather than illiteracy.)

Caro
                  That sounds like good English where I live!

Comment

i am currently extremely delighted with our local freecycle. i posted an ad tonight asking if anyone had one of the butterfly drop leaf tables where the seats fold up and go inside the carcass (if oyu know what i mean!). within 10 minutes i had a reply from someone telling me they'd have one available in 4.5 weeks!!

Comment

I put it on ebay.
                      ...it sold on Sunday for £10.50, they're coming to collect it tonight!
                      good oh.
                      I find eBayers are a lot more reliable than Freeglers.
                      Even so, I just Freegled a load of junk for the highly-sceptical Outlaws that they would've had to hire a skip for.
                      It's great when it works.
                      (no, not a thank you from the outlaws either )
                      All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

I've tried Freecycle, but just didn't get on with it - I love the concept.

A lot of our unwanted items (of which there isn't much) go to the charity shop my mum works in.

Love the response you got there Ollie - perhaps if I'd of recieved that kind of response I may have had more enthusiasm for it.
                        A simple dude trying to grow veg. http://haywayne.blogspot.com/

BLOG UPDATED! http://haywayne.blogspot.com/2012/01...ar-demand.html 30/01/2012

Practise makes us a little better, it doesn't make us perfect.

What would Vedder do?

Comment

Oh wow! Very good. Do you reckon he does this for everything he asks for?
                          All vehicles now running 100% biodiesel...
                          For a cleaner, greener future!

Comment

Originally posted by matthew2riches View Post
                            Oh wow! Very good. Do you reckon he does this for everything he asks for?
                            Quite probably. I stole the idea when asking for a set of eight pub-style optics a few months back.
                            Needless to say they were awarded to me!

Comment

We may have to employ poetry for our wanted ad...

We asked weeks ago for one of those garden refuse incinerator bin thingies - haven't heard a dickie bird. Looks like we may have to bite the bullet and buy one. Darn!!

Comment

I just found someone advertising 'demijohns' on freecycle. So I thought I'd do the usual poetic response to try and secure them.

I got half way through the first verse and I think I accidentally pressed Enter because it sent it
                                So the offerer will just get half a poem that makes no sense off some random guy!
                                I'm too embarrassed to send another e-mail explaining my boob now as it'll just look freaky.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X