No announcement yet.

Village Show

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i have the same problem the nearest show is about 8 miles up the road but entries have to be in this month for august the 26th.problem being i dont know if anything will be ready by then to enter. its either not grown yet or i have already eaten it. mind you its literally pwennys to enter a clas,, but im still going even if its to look!
    a good put down line to use !

If having brains was a fatal disease, you would be the only survivor.

Comment

Well done Flum! (are you Heywayne's Ma?!)
      I am "instructed" (bullied) by elder sisters into entering our local show every year and know what work goes into it. But, people entering is the reason these shows go on year after year!
      I remember what an event this was when I was a child. Dad's friends and neighbours turning up the day before to "marry up" shallots, onions etc. to make an exhibit.
      So, please, all you good people, find your local gardening club and enter just one or two classes. Win or lose you will have fun and meet some good and like-minded people!

Comment

Originally posted by OverWyreGrower View Post
        The Great Eccleston Show is next weekend (entries closed on 4 July - sorry!) http://http://blog.gtecclestonagricu...ociety.org.uk/ It's a good day out actually, and there is loads of stuff going on!

The other show I'm entering is the Garstang Show which is 1st August (entries still open, schedules can be downloaded on the website). We're also entering one of the dogs in the KC Open Show as well
        Garstang & District Agricultural and Horticultural Society - Welcome
        Oh thanks for that OWG! I wouldn't be so bold to enter anything but I would certainly like to pop along to the Garstang show. Can't make it to the Great Eccleston show as we are down in Devon this weekend but GOOD LUCK!
        There is a war going on for your mind. If you are thinking you are winning.

Comment

Originally posted by Polly Fouracre View Post
          Well done Flum! (are you Heywayne's Ma?!)
          Only in spirit! He's the same age (and almost the same height) as my own son so I sort of 'adopted' him on the vine!
          Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

Originally posted by Flummery View Post
            What? You mean old??
            No, Flumm, just incredibly wise! Congratulations on such a good result. We haven't had our schedule yet, but this year I really will enter.

Comment

One place I used to live, the village show classes only had 'cards' but the cards counted as points (I think it was 5 for a first, 3 for second 2 for 3rd and 1 for 'commended') and there was a prize for most points in section, and one for most points overall.
              There were classes for art/craft by kids, and that year my daughter won the prize for her age group (well she did get first for her painting and first for her 'model of an insect').
              Flowers come in too many colours to see the world in black-and-white.

Comment

We have points too Hilary, but points don't mean prizes! Just another cup or shield for the year. Good fun though.
                Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                Working...
                X