No announcement yet.

Village Show

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've just entered some eggs at the local agricultural show. Well, I've filled in the entry form and e-mailed it back with my payment (a whole 60p). I've entered the '3 dark brown eggs L/F' class and the 'Contents L/F' class. Don't think I've a hope of winning anything, but thought it would be lovely to be part of the show for once (this will be my 50th year of attendance, though I can't remember the first few times) rather than just a spectator.

Congratulations, Flum. I think you're right, even if you don't win anything, making a contribution is important, we're losing too many of these type of events.
    Last edited by bluemoon; 13-07-2009, 12:02 PM.
    Into each life some rain must fall........but this is getting ridiculous.

Comment

Congrats Flum, bet its a wonderful feeling.
      I have to disagree with the "taking part" ethos though. if I entered I would HAVE to win or would be devastated.
      Bob Leponge
      Life's disappointments are so much harder to take if you don't know any swear words.

Comment

Congratulations!!!

I'm doing 2 shows this year, first is next weekend, so currently in a planning frenzy, as am entering fruit and veg, home mades and photography...

Not only that, but showing one of the dogs as well - am I mad!?!

Comment

Well done - must be really good stuff 2 yrs in a row!

Comment

Congratulations, maybe I will be brave enough one day, sounds like great fun!
            Life is too short for drama & petty things!
            So laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly!

Comment

Originally posted by OverWyreGrower View Post
              Congratulations!!!

I'm doing 2 shows this year, first is next weekend, so currently in a planning frenzy, as am entering fruit and veg, home mades and photography...

Not only that, but showing one of the dogs as well - am I mad!?!
              Ooh ooh, which shows OWG? I have never even been to a show like that never mind enter anything! I am such a townie I would love to go to some local shows so pleeeeease tell me pleeeeease!
              There is a war going on for your mind. If you are thinking you are winning.

Comment

Well done...but no 37p first prize,,,,, now thats odd. I don't know why but thats what we get. I think the bloke that did the show before me used the same schedule since 1972....so it stuck.
                My phone has more Processing power than the Computers NASA used to fake the Moon Landings

Comment

Congrats Flum, would love to enter something like that but none in my area.

And when your back stops aching,
                  And your hands begin to harden.
                  You will find yourself a partner,
                  In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

I want to be Flum when I grow up!

Fabulous stuff!
                    I was feeling part of the scenery
                    I walked right out of the machinery
                    My heart going boom boom boom
                    "Hey" he said "Grab your things
                    I've come to take you home."

Comment

Originally posted by Seahorse View Post

Fabulous stuff!
                      Lol!! Snap!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Seahorse View Post

Fabulous stuff!
                        What? You mean old??
                        Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

Originally posted by LostGoddess View Post
                          Ooh ooh, which shows OWG? I have never even been to a show like that never mind enter anything! I am such a townie I would love to go to some local shows so pleeeeease tell me pleeeeease!
                          The Great Eccleston Show is next weekend (entries closed on 4 July - sorry!) http://http://blog.gtecclestonagricu...ociety.org.uk/ It's a good day out actually, and there is loads of stuff going on!

The other show I'm entering is the Garstang Show which is 1st August (entries still open, schedules can be downloaded on the website). We're also entering one of the dogs in the KC Open Show as well
                          Garstang & District Agricultural and Horticultural Society - Welcome

Comment

Well done Flum, another successful show!

Our Garden Society Summer Show is this Saturday, but I've got to miss out, its my OH's parents Golden Wedding anniversary - so I'm making them a surprise cake instead.

Comment

Excellent stuff Ma, well done again!

The village rag came round a few weeks ago giving details of the village show and after visiting for the first time last year I said I would enter some things for the fun of it.

However, once again, my timing is rubbish and I'll have nothing ready to show (it's in August).

If it was September/October I might be in with a chance but alas - maybe next year.

By the way, I'm not surprised you won again Ma.
                              A simple dude trying to grow veg. http://haywayne.blogspot.com/

BLOG UPDATED! http://haywayne.blogspot.com/2012/01...ar-demand.html 30/01/2012

Practise makes us a little better, it doesn't make us perfect.

What would Vedder do?

Comment

Well done Flum, our local flower/produce show seems to have died a death a couple of years ago, I never had anything good enough to enter but used to enjoy looking at the exhibits.
                                Into every life a little rain must fall.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X