No announcement yet.

Ashes 2009

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did you like it? My nana lived in view of Penshaw Hill (where the Worm was supposed to sit coiled 10 times round it)

Comment

Aussies batted yesterday how we should have batted on day 1. Great display of test match batting.
      Could be a long day for the bowlers today, but if the ball starts to move a bit then it could still be a close game with a result.
      Last edited by bobleponge; 10-07-2009, 09:46 AM. Reason: Snuff
      Bob Leponge
      Life's disappointments are so much harder to take if you don't know any swear words.

Comment

Originally posted by SarzWix View Post
        Did you like it? My nana lived in view of Penshaw Hill (where the Worm was supposed to sit coiled 10 times round it)
        It needed translation

Comment

Originally posted by bobleponge View Post
          Aussies batted yesterday how we should have batted on day 1. Great display of test match batting.
          Could be a long day for the bowlers today, but if the ball starts to move a bit then it could still be a close game with a result.
          I know its only the first test match but I do get a feeling of "same old same old", it seems we either have a good whack and let down on bowling or vice versa. Listening to it on the live feed from the BBC website is hilarious though especially some of the comments being emailed in from listeners.

Comment

Well we made a draw out of that HOW not down to our prima donna bats men but down to colly and our lower order bats men bring back Geoff Boycott....jacob
            What lies behind us,And what lies before us,Are tiny matters compared to what lies Within us ...
            Ralph Waide Emmerson

Comment

Oh its all so horribly familiar - an astounding start well done to Strauss and Cook.... a fine display- only to be followed by another classic "England middle order batting collapse" The Aussies could win this series by justing sit back and watching England self destruct. When will our batsmen learn a little self control!?

Grrrrrr....

J

Comment

My ex-neighbour, a cricket fan, used to comment on the ability of the England team to "snatch defeat out of the jaws of victory". It obviously hasn't changed !
                Flowers come in too many colours to see the world in black-and-white.

Comment

Are we going to win it then? Still a full day left to get the Aussies out...

Comment

Could be over at any minute - yeehaw

Comment

WHOO HOO!!!!!

GO ENGLAND!!!

I've got a little tear in me eye listening to Freddie Flintoff...

Comment

I'm a bit of a newbie to cricket but even I could see that was all quite exciting!

Last edited by Seahorse; 23-08-2009, 06:08 PM.
                        I was feeling part of the scenery
                        I walked right out of the machinery
                        My heart going boom boom boom
                        "Hey" he said "Grab your things
                        I've come to take you home."

Comment

Did we actually win then!???
                          All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
                          Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

Yeah, we actually won By an amazing 197 runs as well!

Comment

Must admit, I thought Punter carried himself with dignity in the post series interviews. Magnanimous in defeat he was, and when you consider that he is the first EVER Aussie captain to lead 2 consecutive ashes losing teams in England, he was nothing but effusive after the match.
                              Saw a Sky interview straight after the game, some bloke outside the ground speaking to various fans leaving, had 3 Englishmen and an Aussie. Aussie commented on how cricket is a funny old game, they had the best bowling and batting averages throughout the series. Sky reporter: You had the best batsmen, and the best bowlers, .... and you lost!!
                              Brilliant.
                              Bob Leponge
                              Life's disappointments are so much harder to take if you don't know any swear words.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X