No announcement yet.

Is this true???

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If it reassures you, we had a red Mazda MX6 for a few years. Granted it wasn't our preferred colour - We now have managed to find one in 'noble green' which is beautiful - it did however still look good in red and noone thought my OH was either lacking in something or having a mid life crisis when he drove it.

Comment

Originally posted by Two_Sheds View Post
      whereas one of these shows you are fit, tough, virile and masculine
      I actually have a Dawes at home, as well as a Claude Butler. However whenever I am aboard said contraptions I am perspiring profusely and beasting myself around the French countryside, instead of perusing it gently from the inside of my sports car.
      I have just been informed that a Hummer also indicates the same inadequacies as a red sports car. Just what is it with you women???
      Bob Leponge
      Life's disappointments are so much harder to take if you don't know any swear words.

Comment

Hummer = even more of a doorknob
        All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

The more showy [which is why Red counts] the more it looks like the driver is trying to...ahem...well lets say trying too hard. Think Peacocks....oozes from every pop rivet on the 'size' and 'performance' front.

What sort of car is it exactly; and we will give it to you straight down the line?
          Last edited by zazen999; 28-06-2009, 08:58 AM.

Comment

Only Ferrari's are red.

Anything too big and revvy will seem like you are indeed trying to supplement a 'defficiency'! A nice Morgan that's what you want.
            To see a world in a grain of sand
            And a heaven in a wild flower

Comment

Stuff it, get what you want and enjoy it! Ok so any expensive sports car on a chap of a certain age makes folk think "crisis". Question is Bob do ya care what they think!? Just as soon as my kids leave school/college/home Im off out to buy a Mazda MX5, probably red! If I end up looking like a raddled old crone cruising for toy boys then so be it!!! I will have my moment of fun

Life is too short to worry

ps may well have to rob a bank at some point as well'

Oh yeah and my mate has a Mazda MX5, it may be a crisis but its a bladdy fast crisis
              WPC F Hobbit, Shire police

Comment

Originally posted by FionaH View Post

Oh yeah and my mate has a Mazda MX5, it may be a crisis but its a bladdy fast crisis
                Not as fast as my MX6 though with it's 2.5litre V6

Comment

Originally posted by Incy View Post
                  Not as fast as my MX6 though with it's 2.5litre V6
                  Ok now I just wanna be your new best friend!
                  WPC F Hobbit, Shire police

Comment

Originally posted by FionaH View Post
                    Ok now I just wanna be your new best friend!
                    Lol. Sad thing though, they don't make the MX6 anymore so mine is old but in beautiful condition. Next car we'll have to switch to the RX8

Comment

Sadly I'm not old enough for a Morgan yet, but am looking at a 308 GTS so that could qualify in red. I looked at it, but clearly cant afford one.
                      I happen to think that anything from the good Dr P's stable should be in red. We shall see later on this evening if I win it on Ebay or not.
                      Bob Leponge
                      Life's disappointments are so much harder to take if you don't know any swear words.

Comment

Originally posted by bobleponge
                        Sadly I'm not old enough for a Morgan yet...
                        Lol! I've just checked the prices, I think age has nothing to do with it!

How about this, although its red?

Marlin Roadster Kit Car For Sale (1984) on Car And Classic UK

Comment

I don't think you should be able to buy one of these in anything other than red:

If we all drove cars based on what other people thought of us it'd be a pretty dull world.

As for the whole size thing - have you ever tried getting a Wayne, LadyWayne and a Bean in a Ford Ka?
                          A simple dude trying to grow veg. http://haywayne.blogspot.com/

BLOG UPDATED! http://haywayne.blogspot.com/2012/01...ar-demand.html 30/01/2012

Practise makes us a little better, it doesn't make us perfect.

What would Vedder do?

Comment

Thats not too far from what I'm looking at HW. And red it shall be, I have decided.

Manda, the steering wheel is on the wrong side on that one!!
                            Bob Leponge

Comment

I meant type of car too.

C'mon then show us a picture of what you're after...

Comment

Manda - how do the old blokes who drive those cars keep their wigs on? It's always fascinated me.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X