Silly me, I thought it was a phone

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nicos View Post
    I am a proud owner of a phone which doesn't even take photos!!!!
    Snap!........................
    The river Trent is lovely, I know because I have walked on it for 18 years.
    Brian Clough

Comment

Way to go i tried to get one from my mates out of date shop from where he works (large catalogue company) i ended up with camera video internet and all the whistles and bleeps all for £10.49p but only use the phone not even text....jacob
      What lies behind us,And what lies before us,Are tiny matters compared to what lies Within us ...
      Ralph Waide Emmerson

Comment

Originally posted by bubblewrap View Post
        Bubblewrap lives in Loughborough home of the Luddites................what's a MP3?
        one of the ways the computer stores music. MP3 PLAYERS are fun, especially if you have half-a-dozen for different types of music! (I have about 5Gb of music on this computer, too much to keep track of one one player<g>)
        Flowers come in too many colours to see the world in black-and-white.

Comment

Originally posted by Hilary B View Post
          one of the ways the computer stores music. MP3 PLAYERS are fun, especially if you have half-a-dozen for different types of music! (I have about 5Gb of music on this computer, too much to keep track of one one player<g>)
          There isn't a MP3 player with the capacity to "store" all my 600+ CDs
          Only half a dozen types of music I have dozens.
          Last edited by bubblewrap; 23-06-2009, 07:48 AM.
          The river Trent is lovely, I know because I have walked on it for 18 years.
          Brian Clough

Comment

Me too, I prefer simpler technology that does one thing WELL.
            That said, my NEXT phone will probably take pics, because so often lately I have wanted to take a picture of 'the moment' and the camera is not to hand.....

I buy replacement phones on ebay, often less than £5, so it isn't critical if they don't last so very long.....
            Flowers come in too many colours to see the world in black-and-white.

Comment

I used to be in the proud "I can't even text" brigade.

However, my phone is a very important piece of kit now that I've learned to use it. I think peeps 'hate' technology because they can't use it.

I bet you all wouldn't go back to using a fountainpen and paper, now that you've got internet.
              All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Originally posted by bubblewrap View Post
                There isn't a MP3 player with the capacity to "store" all my 600+ CDs.
                No, but you couldn't take 600 CDs on a camping trip, could you? I can sit in my rainy tent and listen to a dozen albums or more, and then the radio.

Comment

Me too!

Originally posted by Two_Sheds View Post
                  I used to be in the proud "I can't even text" brigade.

However, my phone is a very important piece of kit now that I've learned to use it. I think peeps 'hate' technology because they can't use it.

I bet you all wouldn't go back to using a fountainpen and paper, now that you've got internet.
                  I don't hate technology just havent had the need for a fancy phone as yet.
                  I am toying with the idea though having seen all the smart stuff the sons phones do without too much effort
                  WPC F Hobbit, Shire police

Comment

Originally posted by FionaH View Post
                    just havent had the need for a fancy phone as yet.
                    I am toying with the idea though having seen all the smart stuff the sons phones do
                    Mine isn't a toy ... it's an extension of my computer really.
                    Sometimes I turn it off, because I hate being interrupted on my lotty, all quiet and peaceful

Mr Sheds' phone rings constantly ... it drives us both up the wall. I tell him he doesn't have to answer it, but he has a Pavlovian response to a ringing phone: must answer, must answer, even out for dinner or when driving (he has hands free but I still think it distracts him)

Comment

I also am no Luddite, and embrace the technology I need to use, or want to use.
                      As I rarely listen to music, I have no need for an Ipod or any other form of music listening to thingy.
                      I have a house brick phone that doesnt take photo's, play music or any of that clever stuff that other people use.
                      My house brick phone has been dropped countless times, yet it still sends texts and makes calls. What else do I want a phone to do?
                      The Blackberry will be going in the techno dustbin drawer next to my bed.
                      Bob Leponge
                      Life's disappointments are so much harder to take if you don't know any swear words.

Comment

I got the new Nokia 5800 last monday..... i can download films on it, watch tv, and can text in 3 different ways!!!!!! oh and camera is fantastic..... can add clip art to pics, add sentances to pics. My phone is like a mini laptop!!! even has a keyboard!!!! lol Must say though "writing text", another feature on the phone, can't do the letter s..... it always comes out as 5..... it seems i have to train the phone to my style of writing.

Comment

I ring, text and answer calls on my phone - that's all I do. It cost €49 and I don't even know if it does any more.

When mobile phones first came out, I thought I'd never get one - I used to say, 'who would want to be on call all the time?' Now I'd never go out without it, I think it's the handiest device around.

As to music, I use the really old fashioned system - I sing around the house when there's no one else there.
                          Last edited by maytreefrannie; 23-06-2009, 08:32 AM.
                          My hopes are not always realized but I always hope (Ovid)

www.fransverse.blogspot.com

www.franscription.blogspot.com

Comment

Mine just does calls and text, and occasionally, I take a really awful photo with it.
                            I think I'd probably like a bells and whistle phone, but I'm that clumsy, it'd be in pieces in days, plus they're very expensive...but ooo, an i-phone......oooooo.....

Comment

It took me 4 or 5 tries to finally play an MP4 disc of my daughter telling her dad "Happy Father's Day" on my PC, but I gave myself a little pat on the back when I did it. SIL had filmed it on his phone, put it on to his PC, loaded it on to a disc which they wrapped for my OH. OH has got an all singing, all dancing phone, but is a total technophobe. I can text and ring on mine, it doesn't even have a camera. I don't miss my typewriter, but I'm glad I can touch type. That may be a bit garbled, but I'm sure you get what I mean!
                              Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

My old phone (Mr T cast off) was very basic, it even went through the washing machine without too many ill effects (except you couldn't hear it ring any more).
                                Tx

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X