Silly me, I thought it was a phone

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Silly me, I thought it was a phone

Girl child bought me a CD for Father's Day. She knows I like Eric Clapton and see knows I like the blues and got me "Me & Mr Johnson", which I did not know existed.

Still over dinner I said I'm putting on my CD and it's Father@s Day so I sorry if this is going to bore you. I liked the albumn and said I'll have to get one of those iPod things. Boy child said put it on your phone

Sorry, on my phone?
    I am certain that the day my boat comes in, I'll be at the airport.

Lol you sound like me.
    Gardening ..... begins with daybreak
    and ends with backache

Comment

lol
      I just got rid of my iPod, because my phone now holds my music (mind you, I only own 4 albums)
      Last edited by Two_Sheds; 23-06-2009, 06:23 AM.
      All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

I imagine the battery won't last long tho?
        My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
        to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Sorry, this thread seems to be written in Swahili, which I dont understand.
          Bob Leponge
          Life's disappointments are so much harder to take if you don't know any swear words.

Comment

Originally posted by Snadger View Post
            I imagine the battery won't last long tho?
            I only charge it about twice a week.
            It has 5 hrs talktime, 24 hrs playback time, and 400 hrs on standby
            Last edited by Two_Sheds; 23-06-2009, 06:38 AM.

Comment

I hate all these things that are on your phone now. I just want to make and receive calls and texts and possibly use it as an alarm clock when I'm travelling. All the extras make the battery die too quickly

Comment

By damn it works!

Just been messing around with PC/phone and I got it to load the albumn. Evidentially I have 2mb of memory on this thing.

Wouldn't mind but the "phone" was a boy child cast off.

Comment

Originally posted by Incy View Post
                  All the extras make the battery die too quickly
                  Mr Sheds has the big fat N95, and it just eats the battery. (I always research battery life when I buy a new phone; he doesn't bother, he just buys the model with the most gadgets )

My little 5220 lasts much longer, and does more stuff

- I listen to GQT on it, it's a super little radio
                  - my diary is on it, so I get a little beep to remind me to 'plant out sprouts' or to 'water hanging baskets' - with reminders for daily (shut greenhouse), weekly (feed toms) monthly (sow salad) and annual (plant spuds)
                  - it's a notebook ... I can write notes to myself, eg the index number of the car that just hit me
                  - it's a camera & a video recorder ... so I can take photos of the car what hit me
                  - all birthdays are on it, so I don't have to remember them. Ever.
                  - it's my watch, and an alarm clock
                  - it's an iPod (well, MP3 player)
                  - it texts, and I do believe it's even capable of making phone calls
                  - it has hands free to the phone, so I can talk without stopping what I'm doing (usually weeding)
                  Last edited by Two_Sheds; 24-06-2009, 11:40 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Two_Sheds
                    ...My little 5220 lasts much longer, and does more stuff ...
                    Music player supporting various formats (MP3, MP4, AAC, -AAC+, and WMA)
                    Dedicated music keys and rhythmic lights flash to the beat of the music.

Your own personal disco!?
                    To see a world in a grain of sand
                    And a heaven in a wild flower

Comment

Originally posted by smallblueplanet View Post

Your own personal disco!?
                      you betcha!
                      It was a lifesaver when we when to see Paul Weller the other week (yawn)

Comment

[QUOTE=smallblueplanet;481952]Music player supporting various formats (MP3, MP4, AAC, -AAC+, and WMA)

Hey BP is this the Swahili?

Comment

Bubblewrap lives in Loughborough home of the Luddites................what's a MP3?
                          Last edited by bubblewrap; 23-06-2009, 07:07 AM.
                          The river Trent is lovely, I know because I have walked on it for 18 years.
                          Brian Clough

Comment

Wasn't life less stressful before the coming of the techo revolution....jacob
                            What lies behind us,And what lies before us,Are tiny matters compared to what lies Within us ...
                            Ralph Waide Emmerson

Comment

I am a proud owner of a phone which doesn't even take photos!!!!
                              "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X