No announcement yet.

My poor grandad, i am so angry

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think you, your hubby and Grandad sound like wonderful people. I hope that things work out for you my love - and that Grandad is safe and happy soon. x

Comment

Originally posted by amandaandherveg View Post
      I think you, your hubby and Grandad sound like wonderful people. I hope that things work out for you my love - and that Grandad is safe and happy soon. x
      I cant descride how i feel, i hate the council, and i know hate is a very strong word, but i do, putting her or anybody like her in that house next to my grandad or any decent person, that house next to my grandads is beautiful if you were on the waiting list for a house and you got offered that you would be more than happy, in 2 years she has turned somewere that i would have happily lived, into a no go area, and what do the council do ? jack s**t

Comment

Honestly I give up with this country and its attitudes, there must be something that can be done.
        Hayley B

John Wayne's daughter, Marisa Wayne, will be competing with my Other Half, in the Macmillan 4x4 Challenge (in its 10th year) in March 2011, all sponsorship money goes to Macmillan Cancer Support, please sponsor them at http://www.justgiving.com/Mac4x4TeamDuke'

An Egg is for breakfast, a chook is for life

Comment

There is clearly no easy solution or it would have been sorted by now.
          It must be terrible for your granddad, I have nothing but sympathy, but that, of course, wont help the problem.
          Bob Leponge
          Life's disappointments are so much harder to take if you don't know any swear words.

Comment

I'm saddened to hear of your grandfather's plight it seems to me from you posts that he still values his independence.
            And there lies the problem!
            Is there a small place near to you that he could be moved to to be nearer to you and be safe?
            Could your grandfather then help you with your garden/allotment as I think him losing his is the main reason for being reluctant to move.
            It makes me angry that an old man is being targeted like this by a few mindless thugs & showing no respect to him or his property
            I hope you can resolve this pretty soon before anything more serious happens.
            Last edited by bubblewrap; 19-06-2009, 05:05 AM.
            The river Trent is lovely, I know because I have walked on it for 18 years.
            Brian Clough

Comment

You are understandably very angry. What I find most galling about your poor grandfathers plight is that the authorities who created the problem are not prepared to take responsibility or provide a solution for a worthy citizen. It seems they can sit in their ivory towers spending your taxes and just walk away from a problem of their own making.

Comment

Aw, Louise, your poor Grandparents. That horrible woman sounds like an argument for spaying humans, she really does. Can't add to suggestions, but isn't there more the police can do? This sounds like a long catalogue of crimes, hardly an isolated incident. If they have calls every night, perhaps they'll be more likely to do something? UNless of course, they decide it's just 'crying wolf'. I can see why you're in despair.

Comment

I think perhaps the council may react if you were to kick up a bit of a stink! Bombard them with 'phone calls and letters, threaten to go to the papers.
                  This woman should be moved and put with like-minded people in one of the "sink-hole" council estates. Your dear old Grandad needs peace and tranquility not stress like this in the Autumn of his life.
                  Will the neighbours not fight beside you? Ask them what they think of this family and see if they will complain to the council.

Comment

How infuriating and totally disgraceful that your Grandad is being bullied by such scum.

Unfortunately there is no easy answer as the people like the next door neighbour have to live somewhere too, and if she does truly have learning difficulties she probably doesn't have the mental capacity to understand what damage she and her scummy friends are doing. It's the one's who are fully understanding but just not caring of how they affect people who need a rocket up their b*ms!!

I was born and raised on a Council Estate and not one of us would have got away with anything remotely like that. We would have been skinned alive and then ear marked by all the parents as a trouble maker and then excluded from playing with their kids.

Hopefully the CCTV will get things to quieten down but perhaps an electric fence would help to protect his garden and property at the weakest areas? (Resist plugging into the nearest Pylon though.) Would your Grandads neighbours help keep an eye on things too? An older gent by himself wouldn't be very threatening but the whole group of neighbours going to see whats going would be a different story I suspect. I don't think they'd need to say anything either, just stand and watch every night for a week or so would probably put the wind right the horrible bunch.

Comment

Just a thought, seeing as it's Parkies old house, couldn't a bit of media attention sort it out?

You might manage to contact the man himself through his website:

http://www.michaelparkinson.tv/
                      Last edited by pdblake; 19-06-2009, 11:00 AM.
                      Urban Escape Blog

Comment

Make a copy of this thread / send a link to:
                        Your local MP
                        The local police
                        The local public liason officer

and ask them to explain why they allow this sort of behaviour to carry on, then when you get their answer, forward it to 'You and Yours', care of the BBC.
                        Last edited by terrier; 19-06-2009, 11:12 AM.
                        I you'st to have a handle on the world .. but it BROKE!!

Comment

I think a letter to the papers, the tv, the council and the MP is in order here. Your Grandad is a very lucky man to have you, but so very unlucky to have these horrid neighbours. These incidents need to be brought to the attention of the local general public as then there'll be more than 1 voice to listen to.

Good luck, and a big hug for you and for your Grandad {{{{{{{{{{{{{{hugs}}}}}}}}}}}}}
                          My girls found their way into my heart and now they nest there

Comment

Makes my blood boil, so I'll refrain from a tirade here which is not constructive.

Sometimes I despair of the welfare state.

Hope things get better for your Grandad soon - whether that be with you, or where he is.
                            A simple dude trying to grow veg. http://haywayne.blogspot.com/

BLOG UPDATED! http://haywayne.blogspot.com/2012/01...ar-demand.html 30/01/2012

Practise makes us a little better, it doesn't make us perfect.

What would Vedder do?

Comment

It's an awful situation Louise, I can understand your grandad not wanting to leave his home but maybe that's the only solution. Unless you can somehow get pressure on the local authority to move this woman & her family he'll never have any peace.
                              Into every life a little rain must fall.

Comment

My grandad is stubborn and wont move or back down to her, but he`s an old man now,
                                i ve found out today when i called to see him and take him to the supermarket, that she is on her final warning with the council, i just need to rally his other neighbours who are all elderly to keep complaining, a tough job as they are terrified of her and her kids, but after the car incident, that is the final straw now and i will not back down, never until my grandad and his neighbours can live in peace again, but i have to say years ago i lived through a neighbour like my grandad has now, coming home from work made me feel sick, wondering what they had done to my house, i moved out because i couldnt stand it any longer, to see my grandparents at their age, going through what i did, makes this fight one i will win !!!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X