No announcement yet.

pick up your dog poo !

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wicked, wicked! I LOVE it! I wonder where I could get one from? Everyone on our estate, apart from one person, does pick up their dog poo, but there is one person who doesnt. I'd love to find out who it is and rub their nose in it - the dog of course, or then maybe the owner as well.
    Bernie aka DDL

Appreciate the little things in life because one day you will realise they are the big things

Comment

Brilliant, love it.

And completely agree with Rana (especially given the recent cat-creature incursions into my garden *shakes fist*).
      Singleton Allotments Society
      Ashford Gardeners - A gardening club (and so much more) for the greenfingered of Ashford and surrounding areas. Non-Ashfordites welcome .

Comment

I was in Paris recently and it was everywhere
        I'm sure the little parks in Brussels were once provided purely as dog toilets. It was unsafe to walk through a park without donning wellingtons and you certainly didn't stop to smell the flowers...................

Comment

You could put it in 23 different languages, but I'm pretty sure the neighbours to my field will still let their pooch carp in my gateway and field. I did like the sign, though.

p.s. I went to Paris for 4 days in 1999 and my lasting memory is also of dog poop being absolutely everywhere. You certainly couldn't walk along admiring the architecture, for fear of stepping in the stuff!
          Last edited by SlugLobber; 18-06-2009, 10:52 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by SlugLobber View Post
            You could put it in 23 different languages, but I'm pretty sure the neighbours to my field will still let their pooch carp in my gateway and field. I did like the sign, though.
            This brings back a wonderful childhood memory, where my Mum spotted someone getting their dog to poo on our front garden. she grabbed a looroll and a plastic bag and rushed out and told them " now clean it up!"

Comment

Originally posted by flowerofshona View Post
              The dog warden !
              The dog warden would love you to report them!!

Comment

Fab sign!

I hate the way dogs are allowed to foul our village high street. Its probably the worst place I've come across for a very long time. Its not just the gutter either, its on the actual footpath. The council are trying to encourage tourism, they need to sort out the dog mess problem first, or no one will want to visit.

Comment

Originally posted by rana View Post
                  The pavements are much better now that dog owners are more responsible about their animals' deposits. It's a shame we can't oblige cat owners to do the same...............
                  Next door would be in our garden every 5 mins, I really do hate cats! No offence to cat lovers of course.
                  Follow my garden and chilli growing project... @impatientgrower

Comment

I always pick up after out Daisy dog and when i see folk in the park not picking up after their dog i offer to give them a bag so they can too, 9 times out of 10 they do because they are embarassed to be found out!!
                    Re cats, they can go wherever they please and their 'doings' are so very toxic, they tend to leave them like toxic time bombs as they bury them in your borders, they lie there waiting for you to put your hands in it when you are weeding!!
                    When weeding, the best way to make sure you are removing a weed and not a valuable plant is to pull on it. If it comes out of the ground easily, it is a valuable plant. ~Author Unknown

Comment

I always pick up after my three poo on the pavement and the road. Box of poo bags in the car, poo bags in nearly every jacket pocket (all empty of course). I get so bl**dy angry when I see people not picking up after their dogs. Had a go at somebody one day and got really nasty abuse from them - felt like pushing them over so they fell face down in it. We have a gravelled path along the shore of Loch Etive and notices about dog fouling and being fined but do they take any notice - of course not - the Council even put up a red bin for the poo bags to go in ..... some idiot has nicked it - who in their right mind would want to nick a dog poo bin ...... the world is going mad.
                      Last edited by Spangles; 19-06-2009, 10:16 PM.

Comment

Always take bags out on walkies.
                        Have got the mog a litter tray now, because when she goes out she does it at the end of our drive!! And I always step in it. Also if she was caught short she had started doing wees inside and even though it was thoroughly mopped it just wasn't nice, never did like Eau de Puss. Her tray is in downstairs loo and she tends not to go out much at all now.
                        Kirsty b xx

Comment

excellent poster - we live in the middle of nowhere and people seem to think cos our front lawn is 'open plan' their dogs can carp anywhere they want. Why?! There's fields and fields and fields as far the eye can see.

I still chuckle at this: I took our poocheroo for a walk round town and forgot to take bag. Felt really bad as she did a huge steamer in the middle of pavement so went back much later sans dog, in car, pulled over, jumped out and scooped it up and drove off. I wonder what anyone thought if they saw me. LOL

Comment

Originally posted by lizzylemon View Post
                            excellent poster - we live in the middle of nowhere and people seem to think cos our front lawn is 'open plan' their dogs can carp anywhere they want. Why?! There's fields and fields and fields as far the eye can see.

I still chuckle at this: I took our poocheroo for a walk round town and forgot to take bag. Felt really bad as she did a huge steamer in the middle of pavement so went back much later sans dog, in car, pulled over, jumped out and scooped it up and drove off. I wonder what anyone thought if they saw me. LOL
                            Livestock farmers have every reason not to want dog-poo in their fields. Quite apart from what happens if it is there when the field is cut for hay/silage, dogs can carry types of worm that can affect grazing stock.
                            Our dogs get walked in the forestry commission, and mine ALWAYS goes off into the undergrowth (she hates being observed). Plenty of other dog walkers have less obliging pooches (more like OH's, and no, he won't clear up either) and there are times when I think "yes, even slugs are useful in their own disgusting way".
                            Flowers come in too many colours to see the world in black-and-white.

Comment

We do not have live stock here but we do have small children, equally susceptible to parasitic worms and other transmittable nasties. My point still is that there are hedge rows, verges, fallow fields and other unused areas where people can take their dogs if they can't be bothered to pick up, not our front lawn.

Comment

Think I might have to recommend the poo wormery to my neighbours. They are a disgrace, sorry for the rant, but my neighbours garden is full of the stuff. They have two medium size dogs, who I very rarely see going for walks, despite overlooking miles and miles of fields. We live in a row of small back to back terraces, so only have a small paved yard in front of our houses, and the dogs are left to foul their yard all day long, but whats worse is it goes days between being cleaned up. Its starting to stink. Especially in this warm weather, I was out there this morning, trying to enjoy sorting my plant pots, and it is just foul!
                                I'm not really sure how to bring up the subject with them, although I feel I should be able to tell them just how disgusting it is, I dont want to cause any trouble, we don't know them that well, and have to continue living here for the forseable future.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X