No announcement yet.

Had To Have A Look..!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i'm growing my spuds in a crate and it's been hard to earth up so i've just been dumping more compost on each time.. does it matter if it's not very compacted? when i had a furtle yesterday it was all really loose.. do i need to go out and try and squash it all down or will it be ok?

Comment

Originally posted by Two_Sheds View Post
      I really, really enjoy digging them up. More so than actually eating them ... I think I will have to dig some and bury them again, because we two can't eat that many.
      Potato treasure hunt TS! My kids love digging them up!

We have grown ours in old car tyres this year. We have 5 (or is it 6) stacks - cant remember but they were planted in the bottom tyre and the stacks are all 6/7 tyres high now. They keep being earthed up with manure as we build higher - hope it works as its been very hard work for Mr D!
      Tammy x x x x
      Fine and Dandy but busy as always

God made rainy days so gardeners could get the housework done

Stay at home Mum (and proud of it) to Bluebelle(8), Bashfull Bill(6) and twincesses Pea & Pod (2)!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by shirlthegirl43 View Post
        Will somebody please tell my spuds to get a shift on!!!! I am fed up seeing everyone's posts and not having any to enjoy myself!

I've got a few Nicola in big flowerpots. Planted start of April. My calculations suggest there may be some ready early next month.......
        None of my (very few) other veg are close to harvesting either.
        Patience is a virtue, but I have a rather limited supply....
        Flowers come in too many colours to see the world in black-and-white.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
        Working...
        X