Good Friends

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HeyWayne View Post
    I'm dull as dishwater in real life - I have Microtech's Personality Filter V2.4 set up on my machine so I come across as more fun on here than I am in real life.

Plus, I have terrible taste in shirts.

LOL! you make me laugh Wayne ... despite your taste in T-Shirts

WeekendWellies! I'm not *that* far away from you.... if you fancy meeting up for a coffee and a chat just pm me or msg me on Facebook (seeing as we are friends on there now ) Maybe we can travel together to meet any other grapes that are willing to listen to our 'boring' conversations!

I haven't been on the forum long, but I felt welcome from the first time I posted. JackieJ was lovely and offered her services when we were house hunting in Devon recently even though we had never met, so I am looking forward to meeting Jackie some time soon

I am a long time member of another forum and last year five of us from the UK, Canada and USA met for the first time in 6 years of knowing each other online. We went right in at the deep end and booked ourselves on a weeks holiday in Florida and thankfully we got on great in RL and had a blast! Can't wait to do it again next year.
    There is a war going on for your mind. If you are thinking you are winning.

Comment

Originally posted by LostGoddess View Post
      I haven't been on the forum long, but I felt welcome from the first time I posted. JackieJ was lovely and offered her services when we were house hunting in Devon recently even though we had never met, so I am looking forward to meeting Jackie some time soon
      LOL you havent met me yet you might change your mind once you do lol.
      Gardening ..... begins with daybreak
      and ends with backache

Comment

Originally posted by jackie j View Post
        LOL you havent met me yet you might change your mind once you do lol.
        Well if the house goes straight back up on the market you'll know why
        There is a war going on for your mind. If you are thinking you are winning.

Comment

Originally posted by LostGoddess View Post
          LOL! you make me laugh Wayne ... despite your taste in T-Shirts

WeekendWellies! I'm not *that* far away from you.... if you fancy meeting up for a coffee and a chat just pm me or msg me on Facebook (seeing as we are friends on there now ) Maybe we can travel together to meet any other grapes that are willing to listen to our 'boring' conversations!

I am a long time member of another forum and last year five of us from the UK, Canada and USA met for the first time in 6 years of knowing each other online. We went right in at the deep end and booked ourselves on a weeks holiday in Florida and thankfully we got on great in RL and had a blast! Can't wait to do it again next year.
          That could be fun 'Goddess. Last time I went to Blackpool it took me a couple of hours to get there though.
          Have to be on a day off methinks.

“If your knees aren't green by the end of the day, you ought to seriously re-examine your life.”

"What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." Ralph Waldo Emerson

Charles Churchill : A dog will look up on you; a cat will look down on you; however, a pig will see you eye to eye and know it has found an equal

Comment

Originally posted by shirlthegirl43 View Post
            I have had the pleasure of meeting Wellie and Trousers; Piskieinboots (I guess she hasn't managed to sort our her internet troubles yet) and Snowdrop; JanieB and Hazel at the Hill.
            I loved that meet and would love to meet again, and also other grapes. I just find it very scarey on my own. New OH too new (and working away at the moment).

I have suggested lunch with Piskie a cuppla times but she hasn't taken me up on it. Maybe she would turn up if there were more of us!
            "I prefer rogues to imbeciles as they sometimes take a rest" (Alexander Dumas)
            "It is neccessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live" (also Alexandre Dumas)
            Oxfordshire

Comment

Originally posted by JanieB View Post
              I loved that meet and would love to meet again, and also other grapes. I just find it very scarey on my own. New OH too new (and working away at the moment).

I have suggested lunch with Piskie a cuppla times but she hasn't taken me up on it. Maybe she would turn up if there were more of us!
              Middle England's good for me.
              A simple dude trying to grow veg. http://haywayne.blogspot.com/

BLOG UPDATED! http://haywayne.blogspot.com/2012/01...ar-demand.html 30/01/2012

Practise makes us a little better, it doesn't make us perfect.

What would Vedder do?

Comment

Originally posted by JanieB View Post

It was a great day wasn't it. If you find yourself over Pembrokeshire way, feel free to let me know and we can meet up.

We have grapes coming for Sunday dinner this weekend - I am excited and nervous. Since that is exactly how I felt before meeting all the grapes I have met, I am sure Sunday will be just brilliant.
                Happy Gardening,
                Shirley

Comment

I think making friends however you do it is a good thing.

I'm more comfortable in a group environment I guess - I can flit.
                  Snap!
                  I'm not very good at meeting new people, get tongue tied, don't know what to say, am a bit shy really (except when I'm in uniform - weirdly).

Do have friends but like you HW my OH is my best friend, don't know what I'd do without him!
                  Am V close to my sisters also.
                  Imagination is everything, it is a preview of what is to become.

Comment

Originally posted by shirlthegirl43 View Post
                    I am sure Sunday will be just brilliant.
                    Who is this "Sunday" character? Come on, show yerself!

Originally posted by lainey lou View Post

Do have friends but like you HW.
                    Aww, shucks.
                    A simple dude trying to grow veg. http://haywayne.blogspot.com/

BLOG UPDATED! http://haywayne.blogspot.com/2012/01...ar-demand.html 30/01/2012

Practise makes us a little better, it doesn't make us perfect.

What would Vedder do?

Comment

*sniggers at HW!

Suppose I could meet you all whilst in uniform checking you blood pressures or summut!
                      Might manage a conversation then!!

Comment

Who is this "Sunday" character? Come on, show yerself!

Aww, shucks.
                        Tis I M'Lord!

Yup, Me, TOH and the kids are heading for sunny (I can hope!) Wales this weekend!

Got to go and get new walking boots so I can stagger around the Brecons for a few days (must remember my walking stick - I seem to buy a new one each holiday!), TOH is packing all our fishing gear and the kids just want their DS's and DVD's - which would be fine if they didn't talk to their toys!

Terry
                        The weeks and the years are fine. It's the days I can't cope with!

Comment

Originally posted by lainey lou View Post
                          *sniggers at HW!

Suppose I could meet you all whilst in uniform checking you blood pressures or summut!
                          Might manage a conversation then!!
                          *see all the male grapes decide maybe Wilts isn't that far for a meet afterall!!!

How are you feeling Lou?
                          the fates lead him who will;him who won't they drag.

Happiness is not having what you want,but wanting what you have.xx

Comment

Originally posted by andi&di View Post
                            *see all the male grapes decide maybe Wilts isn't that far for a meet afterall!!!

How are you feeling Lou?
                            LOL!
                            Much much better today thanks, all symptoms gone, hurray!!!!!

Comment

I was lucky enough to meet up with SelfRaising and her daughter, Samwise in Preston the last couple of nights. What lovely people. We had a lovely time.
                              Bernie aka DDL

Appreciate the little things in life because one day you will realise they are the big things

Comment

Originally posted by dexterdoglancashire View Post
                                I was lucky enough to meet up with SelfRaising and her daughter, Samwise in Preston the last couple of nights. What lovely people. We had a lovely time.
                                We had a wonderful time and thanks for rescuing us! (Preston one way system is not for the faint hearted and if it hadn't been for Bernie we may never have got to the hotel!!!) What a kind and generous lady you are, we are going to start tucking in to all the lovely goodies tomorrow! OH has already set aside the rhubarb chutney for himself (we'll see about that!)
                                AKA Angie

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X