Good Friends

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zazen999 View Post
    The lovely thing I have found with Grapes in the flesh is how we have seemed to be on the same wavelength - in so many ways.
    Hear, hear!
    Bernie aka DDL

Appreciate the little things in life because one day you will realise they are the big things

Comment

Originally posted by FionaH View Post
      We definitely need more icons! So easy for sommat to come over wrong. I have lots of friends but always terrific to make more, especially with like minded souls.
      I have met Selfraising, she lives down the road a ways from me. That has been fun and we have coffee natter about the garden, swap horror stories about our kids the works. Just like real friends (Just in case anyone missed the nuance we ARE real friends now!) I would love to meet up with Sarz but she is in the frozen north so not likely at the moment.
      Well said Fi! We've had some great laughs and chats and long may they continue!!!
      Last edited by SarzWix; 17-06-2009, 11:01 AM.
      AKA Angie

Comment

Originally posted by FionaH View Post
        We definitely need more icons!
        You have me - how many more icons do you need!?
        A simple dude trying to grow veg. http://haywayne.blogspot.com/

BLOG UPDATED! http://haywayne.blogspot.com/2012/01...ar-demand.html 30/01/2012

Practise makes us a little better, it doesn't make us perfect.

What would Vedder do?

Comment

Originally posted by HeyWayne View Post
          You have me - how many more icons do you need!?
          Lots! nodding ones, Im only kidding ones, poor attempt at sarcasm ones, the list goes on...........as do i
          WPC F Hobbit, Shire police

Comment

An update folks:
            Allotment Lady and I met up with Zazen at the Tatton Flower Show and had a fantastic time, despite the showers .
            Im really looking forward to meeting Samwize and Selfraising tomorrow night in Preston.
            Bernie aka DDL

Appreciate the little things in life because one day you will realise they are the big things

Comment

HAVE a really good time bernie xx
              Dont worry about tomorrow, live for today

Comment

Enjoy your meeting tomorrow Bernie. Madmax and I are going to meet TPeers and The Other Half next Sunday and I am getting all excited already
                Happy Gardening,
                Shirley

Comment

There doesn't seem to be too many Grapes in the Merseyside area from what I can tell, and with a forum I can read through what peeps are saying and add my twopennethworth as and when I feel like or not if I don't like. If I got to meet other Grapes in person I'm afraid they would find me very dull - I am quite shy in real life, and quite often find myself saying the wrong thing or being misunderstood.

“If your knees aren't green by the end of the day, you ought to seriously re-examine your life.”

"What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." Ralph Waldo Emerson

Charles Churchill : A dog will look up on you; a cat will look down on you; however, a pig will see you eye to eye and know it has found an equal

Comment

Originally posted by dexterdoglancashire View Post
                    An update folks:
                    Allotment Lady and I met up with Zazen at the Tatton Flower Show and had a fantastic time, despite the showers .
                    Im really looking forward to meeting Samwize and Selfraising tomorrow night in Preston.
                    Oooh we're excited too, the southern nutters meet the northern nutters
                    AKA Angie

Comment

BRACE yourself selfraising lol.....
                      Dont worry about tomorrow, live for today

Comment

Originally posted by weekendwellies View Post
                        If I got to meet other Grapes in person I'm afraid they would find me very dull - I am quite shy in real life, and quite often find myself saying the wrong thing or being misunderstood.
                        Sounds familiar - just go in feet first and worry about it later - it works for me!

I'm used to being misunderstood, good job I've got broad shoulders and thick skin!
                        All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
                        Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

Originally posted by allotmentlady View Post
                          BRACE yourself selfraising lol.....
                          Ha ha, can't wait
                          AKA Angie

Comment

Originally posted by weekendwellies View Post
                            There doesn't seem to be too many Grapes in the Merseyside area from what I can tell, and with a forum I can read through what peeps are saying and add my twopennethworth as and when I feel like or not if I don't like. If I got to meet other Grapes in person I'm afraid they would find me very dull - I am quite shy in real life, and quite often find myself saying the wrong thing or being misunderstood.
                            I've been to t'north west 3 times now to meet Grapes - and it's been great every time. I think everyone that thinks they are dull seem to be the ones to speak to and hang around - those that think they are 'really great fun' and 'the life and soul' are usually the ones to be avoided....

I found out today that another Grape knows my photography tutor - so perhaps we can have a East Mids meet in or around Nottingham some time [Hi Flump *waves] and talk about onions and garlic. i recommend The Bean in Beeston for a coffee - any takers PM me and we can set a time and date......
                            Last edited by zazen999; 05-08-2009, 06:09 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by zazen999 View Post
                              I've been to t'north west 3 times now to meet Grapes - and it's been great every time. I think everyone that thinks they are dull seem to be the ones to speak to and hang around - those that think they are 'really great fun' and 'the life and soul' are usually the ones to be avoided....

I found out today that another Grape knows my photography tutor - so perhaps we can have a East Mids meet in or around Nottingham some time [Hi Flump *waves] and talk about onions and garlic. i recommend The Bean in Beeston for a coffee - any takers PM me and we can set a time and date......
                              Thanks for that Zazen... a confidence boost to keep me going for a while.
                              Regards
                              Last edited by zazen999; 05-08-2009, 06:09 AM.

“If your knees aren't green by the end of the day, you ought to seriously re-examine your life.”

"What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." Ralph Waldo Emerson

Charles Churchill : A dog will look up on you; a cat will look down on you; however, a pig will see you eye to eye and know it has found an equal

Comment

I'm dull as dishwater in real life - I have Microtech's Personality Filter V2.4 set up on my machine so I come across as more fun on here than I am in real life.

Plus, I have terrible taste in shirts.
                                A simple dude trying to grow veg. http://haywayne.blogspot.com/

BLOG UPDATED! http://haywayne.blogspot.com/2012/01...ar-demand.html 30/01/2012

Practise makes us a little better, it doesn't make us perfect.

What would Vedder do?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X