Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do you organise yours, or do you just bung them in?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Seahorse View Post
    You've all got so many clothes! I don't even have a wardrobe I have a small chest of drawers where I keep things I don't wear often (i.e. posh stuff) but the rest of my attire is in a wearing it/washing it/in the laundry basket rotation
    I'm not QUITE that short of clothes, but very little gets hung up (posh stuff for weddings etc), and I do have a few things that are worn so often they NEVER get put away. The 'in between' things get stored by type, undies, trews, shirts, t-shirts, jumpers (my 2 skirts are in the 'posh enough to hang up' department). If you want a shirt to go with 'that' pair of trews, you take the trews to the shirt drawer and look for something that 'goes'.
    My clothes are selected 99% for comfort. If they look good, that is a bonus!
    Flowers come in too many colours to see the world in black-and-white.

Comment

If truth be known,I suspect my missing giant bars of Christmas Toblerone are lurking somewhere in the bottom of mine!...maybe that should be a good incentive to get it sorted!
      I was a little gutted the other day...decided the chest of drawers in the garage might make a good chick house...discovered four full drawers of kiddies clothes that have been there since we moved nearly two years ago!...maybe I should just bow out of this one & admit I am totally not the person to be offering any helpful advice!!!!
      the fates lead him who will;him who won't they drag.

Happiness is not having what you want,but wanting what you have.xx

Comment

In one wardrobe I have shirts/trousers/ties with jumpers on the shelf at the top. In the other wardrobe I have two shelves - one for jeans/casual trousers/shorts, one for t-shirts. Shoes in the drawer at the bottom, and flip flops under the bed.

Shirts are the only thing ironed and hung up - the rest is ironed to order (when I get it out to wear), that way it's freshly pressed and looking best when on.

I keep my skirts in......

Phew, I so nearly let slip there.

I now try and work to a "one in, one out" policy on account that I am low on room.

"treasured" stuff (shirt signed by everyone at high school - that kinda thing), is vacu-bagged and put away.
        A simple dude trying to grow veg. http://haywayne.blogspot.com/

BLOG UPDATED! http://haywayne.blogspot.com/2012/01...ar-demand.html 30/01/2012

Practise makes us a little better, it doesn't make us perfect.

What would Vedder do?

Comment

Originally posted by andi&di View Post
          If truth be known,I suspect my missing giant bars of Christmas Toblerone are lurking somewhere in the bottom of mine!...maybe that should be a good incentive to get it sorted!
          I was a little gutted the other day...decided the chest of drawers in the garage might make a good chick house...discovered four full drawers of kiddies clothes that have been there since we moved nearly two years ago!...maybe I should just bow out of this one & admit I am totally not the person to be offering any helpful advice!!!!
          can i sit with you on this one Di? none of mine is organised
          The love of gardening is a seed once sown never dies ...

Comment

When I have done a pile of ironing I just bung it in, then when I feel like it I sort it into skirts, trousers, t shirts long sleeve, short sleeve etc. My wardrobe is getting fuller as my sister keeps giving me stuff she doesnt want lol I have started to throw things out ( no good for anyone ) I keep thinking I should keep for the lottie but I have loads of old tops so have started to chuck out the worst ones.
            Gardening ..... begins with daybreak
            and ends with backache

Comment

I have a sort out/chucking session every 6 months or so and no-one is safe. We don't have a great deal of storage space, so its precious! If it hasn't been worn for a year or more/stained/raggy or just plain old, it goes.
              Wardrobe is divided into 'his' and 'mine', my work uniforms are kept seperate on one side, we each have a chest of drawers. If he can't find something he asks me where it is, cos he never puts anything away
              As wardrobe not that high, our wedding clothes are hanging on the back of the bedroom door in their respective bags.

He will go through the bags of clothes for rags, and the rest goes in the clothing bank down the dump.
              Kirsty b xx

Comment

Originally posted by Hans Mum View Post
                can i sit with you on this one Di? none of mine is organised

I'm with you ladies, completely disorganised.
                Hubby calls my half of the room 'the floordrobe'

Comment

I think I have too much stuff!!

Having moved recently I was ruthless at least 8 bin liners of clothes and shoes but.......

....I still have 2 large chest of draws with 4 draws each of tshirts, underwear and bikinis (way to many bikinis), then I have 2 rails about 5ft long with clothes ranging from work trousers (6 pairs) to jeans (11 pairs) to prom style dresses that I have had for numerous weddings etc, then I have a shelf above the rails that has jumpers, shorts and cardis about 2 foot high and as for shoes.....last count 148!!!

But in my defence I used to be a total shopoholic! Recovered now, after marraige split and being in a happy new relationship - oh and my feet are only a size 3 so get cheap shoes !

New shopping mantra - do I need it?

Comment

Originally posted by Hilary B View Post
                    I'm not QUITE that short of clothes, but very little gets hung up (posh stuff for weddings etc), and I do have a few things that are worn so often they NEVER get put away. The 'in between' things get stored by type, undies, trews, shirts, t-shirts, jumpers (my 2 skirts are in the 'posh enough to hang up' department). If you want a shirt to go with 'that' pair of trews, you take the trews to the shirt drawer and look for something that 'goes'.
                    My clothes are selected 99% for comfort. If they look good, that is a bonus!
                    I'm with you Hilary on this one, I hang up everything (well apart from my IOM Tshirts, other Tshirts, jumpers, sweatshirts etc) and YES, I'm embarrassed by the number of clothes Ive got! I HONESTLY didn't realise till I did this little exercise last night.
                    Bernie aka DDL

Appreciate the little things in life because one day you will realise they are the big things

Comment

Nice one Wayne, where do you keep your skirts exactly?
                      Actually, having sorted out MY wardrobe, methinks DH ought to do his - he has his (double) wardrobe and a virtually full rail of trousers, shirts etc. Having said that, ALL his stuff is hung up, but I'm sure there is some stuff in there we could get rid of!
                      Mmmmmmmmmmmmm, just a thought! He's away in the IOM till early Monday morning - I could have a whale of a time!
                      Bernie aka DDL

Appreciate the little things in life because one day you will realise they are the big things

Comment

OH - so THAT'S what you are supposed to do with a wardrobe. Organise it.

Always wondered.

No organisation here; totally random. I have 2 pairs of trousers for when I am working at someone's office, and woe betide if they aren't ironed when I come to hunt for them

Comment

Well, for the first day of actually having an organised wardrobe, it seems to be working - just ask me in 6 weeks! Probably a total mess!
                          Bernie aka DDL

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X