Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wet grass yes.... tarmac nope
    Hayley B

John Wayne's daughter, Marisa Wayne, will be competing with my Other Half, in the Macmillan 4x4 Challenge (in its 10th year) in March 2011, all sponsorship money goes to Macmillan Cancer Support, please sponsor them at http://www.justgiving.com/Mac4x4TeamDuke'

An Egg is for breakfast, a chook is for life

Comment

Originally posted by Lemon View Post
      I can't stand that 'wet rain' smell you get in summer & hot weather! YUK! Went out at lunch today and it was beginning to rain and with it came that smell of water on hot ground. yuk to me I'm afraid. Oh, petrol smells make me retch - especially in summer and same with de-icer too.
      You're weird - I LOVE that smell!!! After rain in the summer is the best ever.

I also love the smell of concrete - not because I worked with it for so long, but because as a child we had a house built over in Canada and we used to visit whilst they were building it and I remember the freshly placed concrete smell on day.

We used to say when we were doing engineering that WD40 would make a fortune if they converted the smell into aftershave. Hmmmm......lovely. [I'm not kidding either - us female engineering girlies loved the smell of WD40 on our colleagues for some strange reason].
      Last edited by zazen999; 06-06-2009, 08:53 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by zazen999 View Post
        You're weird - I LOVE that smell!!! After rain in the summer is the best ever. ].
        Eeeewww!! No, you gotta be weird! That's a stinky dirty smell! Would much rather the smell I had last Sat morning when I went into garden - sweet roses perfuming the early morning air.....ahhhhhhhhhhhh!!!

Originally posted by zazen999 View Post
        We used to say when we were doing engineering that WD40 would make a fortune if they converted the smell into aftershave. Hmmmm......lovely. [I'm not kidding either - us female engineering girlies loved the smell of WD40 on our colleagues for some strange reason].
        eew. what would you call it? eau de grease? eau d'huile?

Comment

Originally posted by Lemon View Post

eew. what would you call it? eau de grease? eau d'huile?
          Many an hour was spent trying to think this one up, and much fun had. I can't remember if we ever thought of anything funny enough.

Comment

Yay! I finally got that smell too.
            Coming out of work this morning at 7.30 am, t'was lovely! (specially after some of the nasty niffs I had to endure last night -say no more!)
            Imagination is everything, it is a preview of what is to become.

Comment

it hasn't rained here yet, was supposed to rain all weekend!?! I was hoping it would as I have two gardens to water as mum away in Greece!

Comment

all i can smell after all this rain is lavendar.........honeysuckle and baby sick lol......
                Dont worry about tomorrow, live for today

Comment

..it's just started raining!!!!

Hope it continues all the time we are away!!!!!

smell???...urm ...wet earth and cow pats for me!!!! ( 5 lasses and their babbies and papa behind our field!)

House smells of cleaning fluid!!
                  "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

We had the smell of our wisteria drifting in through the bedroom windows last week it was heavenly.
                    When weeding, the best way to make sure you are removing a weed and not a valuable plant is to pull on it. If it comes out of the ground easily, it is a valuable plant. ~Author Unknown

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X