This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I feel for you Selfraising,i really do.

Not to rub salt in your wounds my neighbours are the best i have ever had.So much so that i told them if any of them decide to move we all move together.

Comment

Hope they settle down, Self-raising. Doesn't sound relaxing to me, either. Hopefully it's just a bad language problem and no more.

Comment

Hopefully they will turn out to be "rough diamonds" and become good neighbours. They don't have to become friends.

Comment

Originally posted by RowanStar View Post
          or you can just put a spell on them, like i did with one of my neighbours
          Can you send the spell by post?
          AKA Angie

Comment

What's been happening today SR?

Comment

Well I've been at work but OH says there's been quite a bit of shouting and banging. The white ford car has been towed away cos it wouldn't start and apparently the f....ing front door won't shut properly so it has to get slammed several times to shut it!
              AKA Angie

Comment

Oh Poor You!

We have a nice family next door, but their oldest son is a bl**dy nightmare. I used to blame the parents, but OH is Chair of Govs at our local school, so I've seen this boy's file. He's a headcase who just doesn't give a fig what he does because he knows nothing will happen to him. He turned 16 a few weeks back, so it won't belong before he gets sent down. Rumour has it he's due at the crown court in Bristol soon. I do hope so.......

I'm with you about the swearing Selfraising. How awful to see those tiny children and know how they'll turn out as adults. Tiny tots don't deserve that. We've never sworn at ours, nothing worse than bl**dy anyway, and never when they were less than about 10.

Mine learned to swear at school, which was upsetting as we'd always been careful around them and they knew never to repeat rude words. I guess they did, just not in front of us.

Poor you SR, I hope they settle down and you get some peace.

Jules
                Jules

Coffee. Garden. Coffee. Does a good morning need anything else?

♥ Nutter in a Million & Royal Nutter by Appointment to HRH VC ♥

Althoughts - The New Blog (updated with bridges)

Comment

Perhaps it would be nice to give them a chance, they've only lived there a couple of days and already you seem to be assuming that they are total scum. Give them a chance, they've not even settled in yet and already they could be sensing hostility. Go round, introduce yourself, be a neighbour and you may find that you are worrying unnecessarily. People should be given a chance.

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

Thanks for all the support guys. I do hope it settles down. Will keep you posted.
                    AKA Angie

Comment

Yes, you're right....

Originally posted by Alison View Post
                      Perhaps it would be nice to give them a chance, they've only lived there a couple of days and already you seem to be assuming that they are total scum. Give them a chance, they've not even settled in yet and already they could be sensing hostility. Go round, introduce yourself, be a neighbour and you may find that you are worrying unnecessarily. People should be given a chance.
                      ....we should give them a chance. I hope Alison is right, she's making a very valid point. Time will tell I guess.

Good Luck SR.

Jules
                      Jules

Coffee. Garden. Coffee. Does a good morning need anything else?

♥ Nutter in a Million & Royal Nutter by Appointment to HRH VC ♥

Althoughts - The New Blog (updated with bridges)

Comment

Originally posted by Alison View Post

Hi Alison, I'm not assuming their scum and am sorry if this has come across.
                        They actually had the keys a couple of weeks ago so have been coming and going daily since then. I feel I am doing my best to be neighbourly. I lent them tools to clear the garden (two of which got broken but I told them not worry about it), gave them the use of my garden waste bags. Gave them drinks and the children ice creams when it was hot, let them use my electricity when they were not yet connected and even offered to help clear the garden myself. I have always been friendly to them and will continue to do so, hostility is not my style. However, apart from the noise, it does really upset me when they persist in shouting and swearing at their children. I work with children who have special needs, many come from this sort of background where the parents scream and shout at them, all they know are swear words and their confidence is zero.

Neither am I a snob as I live in a council house which we bought.
                        AKA Angie

Comment

Originally posted by julesapple View Post
                          We have a nice family next door, but their oldest son is a bl**dy nightmare. I used to blame the parents, but OH is Chair of Govs at our local school, so I've seen this boy's file.

Jules
                          I would keep quiet about that if I were you. As clerk to the governors at two schools I am shocked you saw this boys file. Totally unaceptable and a breach of privacy!
                          WPC F Hobbit, Shire police

Comment

the local railway station plays opera at night i kid you not ! and it keeps the yobs quite give it a go 9 at night warm evening windows doors open and humm along to it drives the neighbours nutts

Comment

Originally posted by theloon in the moon View Post
                              the local railway station plays opera at night i kid you not ! and it keeps the yobs quite give it a go 9 at night warm evening windows doors open and humm along to it drives the neighbours nutts

Lol I like that one!
                              AKA Angie

Comment

It is very difficult when we live next door to people who have a different ethos or values to our own. Sometimes you just have to accept that this is how they are as you aren't going to be able to change folk by getting upset about it.
                                I live next door to some very objectionable and unpleasant people and i tried so very hard to get on with them and in the end i just made the decision to pretend they don't exist,not always easy as like your neighbours they are quite vocal.
                                However i am now able to tune them out when in the garden and if it gets too noisy i have invested in a stereo, plug in my ear phones and i am in music heaven with no noise pollution at all.
                                Hope things work at for you.
                                When weeding, the best way to make sure you are removing a weed and not a valuable plant is to pull on it. If it comes out of the ground easily, it is a valuable plant. ~Author Unknown

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X