Freecycle Is Brilliant..!!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jackie j View Post
    My son plays roller hockey on inline skates ( got his nose broken a few weeks ago ) and wizzes around, he can also ice skate, he is 30 lol
    I was thinking of looking for some padding for elbows knees etc, not sure how to keep my face intact, mind you I need a facelift
    BumbleB

I have raked the soil and planted the seeds
    Now I've joined the army that fights the weeds.

Comment

Jacob and ckfe
      My freecycle is run by yahoo groups but I must have it set to remember me and my groups as it goes to the page that lists my groups and I select which group I want. I think there are various settings to enable initially.
      BumbleB

Comment

Just been back into it and it seems to work better now than it did....jacob
        What lies behind us,And what lies before us,Are tiny matters compared to what lies Within us ...
        Ralph Waide Emmerson

Comment

just discovered that if i join the manchester group i have to do it through yahoo but if i join the salford one i can do it directly.. i've joined the salford one

Comment

You can join both. I have 2 areas either side of me that I look at. One is run by yahoo (more messages) one is freecycle.
            BumbleB

Comment

All freecycles are run by yahoo.

You have to have a yahoo account to be a member, but you can forward the emails to your email address that you use all of the time, and that way you never have to log into yahoo, only to look at pictures that some put on.

I joined my local one and also the next town but had to take the next town off cos there was over 300 emails coming through daily. But with my local one there is between 75 - 125 emails a day which isn't bad at all compared to the other.

Comment

Originally posted by lavender lou View Post
                All freecycles are run by yahoo.

I am a member of the freecycle network that is run by the freecycle network
                The Freecycle Network

I found a more local to me group here than the one I am a member with on Yahoo.

Its worth looking here under uk groups then region to see if a closer group is listed.
                Last edited by zazen999; 18-05-2009, 06:08 AM.
                BumbleB

Comment

Best thing I have got from Freecycle wa an almost new body protector for riding. Nearly £80 worth of protector! Have met some lovely people and also had some bad experiences (no-show types, rude people...). On the whole I think it's brilliant, though and have avoided chucking out some stuff because of it.

Comment

Swings & Roundabouts

We joined Freecycle after clearing out the garage. We listed a never-riden small boy's bicycle and a like-new go-kart (a really good make, but can't think of the name)

A young couple came to collect the bike, and we threw in a Sonic Hedgehog cycle helmet. They were delighted with both bike & helmet as their 5 yr old had asked for a bike for Christmas but they couldn't afford one, and they had been dreading saying the same thing when his birthday came round. It was a real fee good moment.

Few days later a lady who had sent us an email pleading dire poverty, and explaining how her son had nothing to play with, came to collect the go kart. This kart had never been out of it's plastic and was immaculate. "Yes" she said, "it'll do - the boy's just going to wreck it any way like he does with all the expensive stuff we buy him" and she flung it in her car and drove off. No word of thanks.

So Freecycle is swings and roundabouts. We've put in requests for loads of stuff and didn't hear anything, until just before Christmas we put in a request for a brand new gas cooker and won it. It's basic, but I'm delighted with it!!

Sadly, two weeks ago we missed out on a jacuzzi for the garden. We did win it, but the owner phoned to say it cracked badly when they moved it and he didn't think it could be repaired. You win some, you lose some

Jules
                    Jules

Coffee. Garden. Coffee. Does a good morning need anything else?

♥ Nutter in a Million & Royal Nutter by Appointment to HRH VC ♥

Althoughts - The New Blog (updated with bridges)

Comment

Someone on our local Freecycle has just posted a 'want' message for a Baby Grand Piano!
                      Last edited by amandaandherveg; 18-05-2009, 04:44 PM.

Comment

I have tried to log in and it keeps saying my passwords dont correspond I have tried everything, I know what I should be putting as it is written down in front of me. Tried every which way and cant log in grr,
                        Gardening ..... begins with daybreak
                        and ends with backache

Comment

Well I just collected my roller skates !! OH has been holding on to me as I practise up and down the kitchen. I am not sure when I will be brave enough to let go - we had hand rails at our skate rink 40 years ago!
                          BumbleB

Comment

Originally posted by BumbleB View Post
                            Well I just collected my roller skates !! OH has been holding on to me as I practise up and down the kitchen. I am not sure when I will be brave enough to let go - we had hand rails at our skate rink 40 years ago!
                            We need pics of this?

Comment

Originally posted by julesapple View Post
                              Few days later a lady who had sent us an email pleading dire poverty,
                              Jules
                              I always delete the ones with sob stories.

They are never as poor as they make out.
                              My phone has more Processing power than the Computers NASA used to fake the Moon Landings

Comment

So Annoying....

Originally posted by NOG View Post
                                I always delete the ones with sob stories.

They are never as poor as they make out.
                                You're quite right Nog. I learned that one the hard way. That woman really got up my nose, but it was too late to say anything because we'd already committed ourselves. OH did say take care of it, it wasn't cheap. But of course, it was cheap to her.

Ah well.......

Jules
                                Jules

Coffee. Garden. Coffee. Does a good morning need anything else?

♥ Nutter in a Million & Royal Nutter by Appointment to HRH VC ♥

Althoughts - The New Blog (updated with bridges)

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X