Freecycle Is Brilliant..!!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi

I did say freecycle was a good thing, its just that people dont always select their closest freecycler.

FG

Comment

Lol, I have just been trying to 'win' a pair of roller boots. I used to love roller skating when young and since moving to the seaside with its wide flat promenade I have been searching for a pair to join in with daughter and her 15 yr foster daughter. All that I have seen has been the newer inline type and I am not so sure I could balance on those. OH is hoping I am not picked as I'll probably break my neck. But as much fun as ebay and no cost or landfill.
      BumbleB

I have raked the soil and planted the seeds
      Now I've joined the army that fights the weeds.

Comment

I also love freecycle!!!

Given loads away. Clothes,tropical fish, compost bins and lots more.
        We have had a few items from there, a 5ft tropical fish tank, leather coffee table, and much more, but i've never been lucky to be gifted anything for my garden yet.

I told everyone i know about it and everyone has joined and also given loads away and had a few bits from there.

My friend was lucky enough to be given a 42" inch flat screen TV (can you believe someone giving that away)

Great idea lets hope it continues long live Freecycle.

Comment

i registered 2 weeks ago but every time i try and log in it says i'm waiting to be approved

Comment

Hi ckfe,
            That seems like a long time, have only heard of it taking a couple of days. Might be worth emailing them politely to check they received your request to join. Also check your spam folder in case they sent you a link to complete registration and (like my comp) it went straight to your spam folder. Good luck.

Comment

i got an email telling me to click on the link to complete registration but it still says i'm waiting to be approved.. also someone said something about them sending you a questionnaire that you have to fill in?

Comment

how annoying, sorry but don't think I had to fill a questionnaire in, so no idea about that. I think different areas have different rules. I hope it gets sorted for you soon.

Comment

thanks, think i'll deffo try emailing them

Comment

I just got news that I can go and collect roller boots tomrrow. At my age, should be fun :-)
                    What have others had from freecycle?
                    BumbleB

I have raked the soil and planted the seeds
                    Now I've joined the army that fights the weeds.

Comment

Originally posted by ckfe View Post
                      i registered 2 weeks ago but every time i try and log in it says i'm waiting to be approved
                      As Daisybee says, you have to send them an email to say You would like to become a member of freecycle...hope this helps.

Cheers
                      braders...

Comment

Originally posted by BumbleB View Post
                        I just got news that I can go and collect roller boots tomrrow. At my age, should be fun :-)
                        What have others had from freecycle?
                        LOL...that should be fun...take care..!

braders...

Comment

My son plays roller hockey on inline skates ( got his nose broken a few weeks ago ) and wizzes around, he can also ice skate, he is 30 lol
                          Gardening ..... begins with daybreak
                          and ends with backache

Comment

Well you lot seem to belong to a different freecycle to me i joined Coventry freecycle a couple of years ago and it is still the same it take's ages to log in by the time i have logged in i have lost the urge to go any further so i give up....jacob
                            What lies behind us,And what lies before us,Are tiny matters compared to what lies Within us ...
                            Ralph Waide Emmerson

Comment

is it supposed to take you to the yahoo groups page?

Comment

Originally posted by ckfe View Post
                                is it supposed to take you to the yahoo groups page?
                                Thats the one that is were things get bogged down....jacob
                                What lies behind us,And what lies before us,Are tiny matters compared to what lies Within us ...
                                Ralph Waide Emmerson

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X