No announcement yet.

Share some happy news please...

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

...well strangely enough the kettle is on!!!
    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

You Can't Beat.....

Originally posted by Nicos View Post
      ...well strangely enough the kettle is on!!!

...a good training routine! You see how you went for the kettle automatically? Training that is.

You're doing well, we'll all be so proud of you.

I'm sure marathon runners train on Eccles cakes. All that sweet pastry for a sudden burst of energy (enough to refill & reboil a kettle) followed by the slow release energy of the currants. That'll keep you going until it's time for another mug of tea.

Perfect gardening diet really!

Jules
      Jules

Coffee. Garden. Coffee. Does a good morning need anything else?

♥ Nutter in a Million & Royal Nutter by Appointment to HRH VC ♥

Althoughts - The New Blog (updated with bridges)

Comment

hope things get better slug anyway ive good news
        the s**t fairys gone to visit Eliot Morley who just so happens to be my local mp.
        Take photographs today because tommorow you might not have

Together everyone achieves more

Comment

I ate my first strawb yesterday, wasnt quite ripe but with the amount of birds my garden is holding currently, I wanted to ensure I got there first.
          I am now officially THE Butter Meister at the factory, I may have a new job in yet another exotic location, and I live in France.
          All good news.

Hope things get better for you soon SL, not a great start to the year it has to be said.
          Bob Leponge
          Life's disappointments are so much harder to take if you don't know any swear words.

Comment

Pod just kicked you a hello - would that hep?
            Tammy x x x x
            Fine and Dandy but busy as always

God made rainy days so gardeners could get the housework done

Stay at home Mum (and proud of it) to Bluebelle(8), Bashfull Bill(6) and twincesses Pea & Pod (2)!!!!

Comment

Sluglobber (love your username) you have been through the mill and I hope in the coming months things improve. We now know Haydens bowel movements (or lack of!), hopefully we've all had lunch (Heywayne, the wee guy is okay, isn't he?, don't know about poo and babies etc) Hubby and I had good news and I'm going to bore you all. Hubby and I used to keen hill-walkers (hubby was a bit of a mental mountaineer - own ice route up Mount Blanc (1976ish)). I'm still hill-walking, hubby isn't due to neuro condition. Well yesterday hubby walked 1 and 1/2 miles on a trail in the Galloway Forestry Park (he did need some help) but he did it Of all the things he has been robbed of, losing his ability to walk was the cruellest. Well it's coming back. We kicked the sh*te fairy into touch. If you need help kicking the fairy up the derrier myself and my size 8 feet are awaiting the call.
              Last edited by FROSTYFRECKLE; 14-05-2009, 01:02 PM.

Comment

Well done Mr Frosty - that IS good news!
                Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

Frosty thats great news!! SL good news...... HB still has no Gnomes, art teachers wife wouldn't let him give henry a new home much as he wanted too! (good news for me) My aunt who moved to Greece has sorted the sublet issues with the greenhouse and is on track for the grand opening of the garden centre/furniture workshop in June, when mum will be out there visiting!
                  Sorry to hear of the troubles you an yours have been having heres hoping that it all changes in the very near future
                  Hugs
                  Sylvia

Comment

Sorry about all your troubles Sluglobber, your family must think someone's got it in for them. Can't think of any happy news at the moment, I was going to say at least it's not raining today but it's just started!
                    Into every life a little rain must fall.

Comment

I feel soooo much better knowing about baby poo, truffles, seahorse's visitors...

Titter. Thanks all for cheering me up! Fingers crossed OH's Mum is ok. She's never in the best of health anyway, partly due to her poisoning herself with her own cooking, but at least she's in hospital, where the vegetables are marginally less overcooked!

Hoping to ride a potential horse on Sat, but she's bigger than my field owner wants in there and may be out of my price range, yet (the yard owner is asking her tonight).

Comment

Life's a b**ch sometimes sluglobber, and unfortunately she's p***ing in your garden right now. It's little consolation I know, but things WILL get better. Chin up.
                        A good beginning is half the work.
                        Praise the young and they will make progress.

Comment

Sluggy, when my dear departed Auntie Doris used to feel as if the Sh*te Fairy was making herself a bit too comfortable in her life, she used to open the front door and point her the way out with a very loud "OUT YOU GO!!".
                          Strangely enough, I have tried it and it usually means that she boggs off for a bit.
                          I did it this morning when my generally sh*tty week got on top of me after I cracked my head really hard on the window sill. (I'm not going to explain - it's a long and boring tale involving a cat, a dog, a basket of washing and possible inner ear infection). After shedding a few tears of pain and frustration, I gave the little b*tch her marching orders, and feel so-o-o much better for it.
                          Try it. Send the hairy-mary packing!
                          When the Devil gives you Cowpats - make Satanic Compost!

Comment

creemteez that is soooo funny,
                            hope the second half of the year will be better for you sluglobber
                            my good news is DH dug over the inside of the grow barn this morning,i went back this afternoon and put some aubergine and peppers plants in,and sowed some savoy and fennel seeds,so thats me well chuffed
                            sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

lottie dolly- what's a grow barn??

I'm certain I must be in need of one- esp if it means my OH taking off his shirt and digging!!!
                              Last edited by Nicos; 14-05-2009, 05:04 PM.
                              "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

sorry nicos,just seen your question,it's what DH and i have made out of recycled large palates,and plastic from scaffolding,see pics in undercover operations
                                sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X