X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lilac and honeysuckle. And bluebells.

HMK

Comment

I love the smell after it has just rained in the summer, it is fresh and sweet, lovely.
      When weeding, the best way to make sure you are removing a weed and not a valuable plant is to pull on it. If it comes out of the ground easily, it is a valuable plant. ~Author Unknown

Comment

roses, lillies, lilac (in flower in our garden now!), gardenias, honeysuckle, lavender, and of course......baaahbeeeeecuuuueee!

Comment

Hyacinths... lavender... sweetpeas... lillies... fresh compost and my herbs
          Stacey x ♫

Comment

All of the above - and the smell of crushed carrot leaves when you twist them off after harvesting, freshly dug earth, the smell of Beau's fur when he's been lying out in the sun all day, a freshly opened flask of good coffee when you've just finished digging over a new bed!
            When the Devil gives you Cowpats - make Satanic Compost!

Comment

Lilac, Lavender and newly mown grass.

In the greenhouse it has to be the smell of tomato leaves or the humid smell you get when you damp down the greenhouse floor on a hot day.

And when your back stops aching,
              And your hands begin to harden.
              You will find yourself a partner,
              In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

Roses, lemon thyme, lavender and the smell of freshly harvested veggies!

Comment

Amazing how many people say cut grass, it's certainly my favourite smell. Not quite garden, but I like to go stand with the horses, it's not just the smell, it's the sense of peace when you get close to them.
                  I you'st to have a handle on the world .. but it BROKE!!

Comment

wood burning on a bonfire does it for me

Comment

Originally posted by terrier View Post
                      Amazing how many people say cut grass, it's certainly my favourite smell. Not quite garden, but I like to go stand with the horses, it's not just the smell, it's the sense of peace when you get close to them.
                      With you there terrier. I sometimes just bury my nose in my Horse's coat - he smells lovely! Other than that - garden smells, for me it has to be the garden after a well needed rain shower, and the old favourite cut grass too!
                      All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
                      Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

Howsabout a couple of 'off the wall' ideas - The smell of petrol spilt over the lawn mover, and lovely lovely creosote (even more now than its been banned!)

J

Comment

I love the smell of rain on dirt - and freshly dug dirt. I'm just a mucky woman!
                          Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

In the morning when I go down to the greenhouse the following smells greet me:
                            fox excrement: our buddleia patch used as a toilet.
                            cow excrement: the field adjacent.

After that any garden smell is lovely: especially wallflower at present...then in summer approx 15 buddleia...
                            Last edited by Madasafish; 11-05-2009, 08:47 AM.

Comment

Sweet peas for me, and carrots freshly dug up, but my all time favourite smell of summer, is wet tarmac on a hot day.
                              I'm only here cos I got on the wrong bus.

Comment

I love the smell of cut grass, Lillies, sweetpeas, the smell after the rain, the sea, ( probably cos I spent most of my childhhod in the sea )
                                Gardening ..... begins with daybreak
                                and ends with backache

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X