No announcement yet.

spud top growth!!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ooh, I'm checking mine tonight. Some were fully earthed weeks ago and I ate my last shop-bought spud on Monday, so am hoping for some new pots for the weekend, to impress me Ma with!

Should add that some are in flower, too!
    Last edited by SlugLobber; 07-05-2009, 09:50 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by SarzWix View Post
      I've still got a nearly full bag of Sarpo Axona, 2/3 of a bag of Peach Bloom, and a third of a bag of Desiree. No room for them! But if the ones planted don't come up soon, at least I'll have replacements
      I asked him how deep he planted them, he says about a foot
      Cripes - will he be digging them up then?

Comment

Attached pic of my first attempt at growing tatties. These five buckets were planted on St. Patricks Day, one potato in each bucket.

2 x International Kidney & 1 each of Kestrel, Nicola & Charlotte.

I'm hoping to turn out the first lot of International Kidneys around the end of the month.
        Attached Files
        There are 10 kinds of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that don't.

Comment

They look nice and green well fed by the looks of it don't tip the complete bucket out though just have a firkel and see if you can find some with out wasting it all the tinys might grow a bit bigger....jacob
          What lies behind us,And what lies before us,Are tiny matters compared to what lies Within us ...
          Ralph Waide Emmerson

Comment

Thanks for that Jacob, as it's my first time I didn't know how much I could expect from 1 seed potato in a Morrisons bucket, but if you think it's worth having a firkel and keeping it going that's what I'll do
            There are 10 kinds of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that don't.

Comment

Originally posted by Squizz View Post
              This is my first year and I'm very excited that mine have started coming up. Some I've earthed up but obviously not enough as they were caught by a frost last week (I've heard this might spoil the crop?!)
              Actually, you should be OK, providing your tops have only just been nipped with the frost. If you do have a frost forecast, just cover them up with fleece.
              Bernie aka DDL

Appreciate the little things in life because one day you will realise they are the big things

Comment

Originally posted by Mchanen View Post
                OOoh they are looking pretty good! When do you rekon they will be ready?
                Dug some yesterday exactly 66 days to the day and hour from when they was planted tea tonight yum yum..jacob
                What lies behind us,And what lies before us,Are tiny matters compared to what lies Within us ...
                Ralph Waide Emmerson

Comment

Cor Jacob!!!..bet they'll be lovely!
                  "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Originally posted by Nicos View Post
                    Cor Jacob!!!..bet they'll be lovely!
                    i will tell you later jacob
                    Last edited by jacob marley; 17-05-2009, 06:13 PM.
                    Ralph Waide Emmerson

Comment

I am tempted to tip out a bucket of mine even though they are not due to be ready for a couple more weeks.
                      Happy Gardening,
                      Shirley

Comment

Originally posted by shirlthegirl43 View Post
                        I am tempted to tip out a bucket of mine even though they are not due to be ready for a couple more weeks.
                        Get Firtelling you never know ,.jacob
                        Ralph Waide Emmerson

Comment

Originally posted by jacob marley View Post
                          Get Firtelling you never know ,.jacob
                          Oh well, if you insist
                          Happy Gardening,
                          Shirley

Comment

Not worth harvesting - will leave them a few weeks yet.

Curiosity satisfied though
                            Happy Gardening,
                            Shirley

Comment

I am tempted to tip out my spud bag that I have at home cos I need to plant some more. The ones I think are ready are Maris piper planted on 19th march and about to flower had a fertle and cant find any. The ones I want to plant are the free ones I got called hunter no idea what they are but will give them a go.
                              Gardening ..... begins with daybreak
                              and ends with backache

Comment

Originally posted by jacob marley View Post
                                Dug some yesterday exactly 66 days to the day and hour from when they was planted tea tonight yum yum..jacob
                                i was gonna have a furtle at mine today they all have flowers, planted on 3rd march so hopefully when it stops p-ing down tomorrow i shall hopefully have some

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X