Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do you get rid of cold callers on the phone?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Alison View Post
    Whether it's legal or not isn't really irrelvant, it's just plain rude and disrespectful to fellow human beings.
    Cold calling is disrespectful too........
    Flowers come in too many colours to see the world in black-and-white.

Comment

I know I'm a bit slow. How do I register with the TPS thingy? Thanks! Bernie
      Bernie aka DDL

Appreciate the little things in life because one day you will realise they are the big things

Comment

a certain window blind company keeps calling me, its very disrespectful when i have politely asked them not to the 1st time they called.........now I just put the receiver down and they sort of twig after a minute or 2.

Bernie TPS Registration xxx
        Dont worry about tomorrow, live for today

Comment

Originally posted by dexterdoglancashire View Post
          I know I'm a bit slow. How do I register with the TPS thingy? Thanks! Bernie

If you look in the phone directory there are instructions in there.

We are on TPS, it's not always successful but I take great delight in talking over the caller in a loud voice "How did you get this number I am on TPS, remove it from your records ASAP"

Comment

Originally posted by Hilary B View Post
            I couldn't agree more
            Regards
            Lady Jana Muck

Comment

I was getting phone calls for my first wife 5 years after she had died I requested a new number & the calls stopped.
              The number change cost nothing as they were regarded as nuisance calls, that was in November 2007 & I now get very few tele sales calls & they are usually of the recorded sort.
              The river Trent is lovely, I know because I have walked on it for 18 years.
              Brian Clough

Comment

my mate asked for the cold callers number, and he said we cant give out the number, my mate said not your work number your personal number, he said what for? my mate replied so I can phone you up when you are enjoying a meal and talk crap to you
                Work like you don't need the money...
                Love like you,ve never been hurt...
                and Dance Like you do when no-one is watching...

Comment

Originally posted by slabbit View Post
                  my mate asked for the cold callers number, and he said we cant give out the number, my mate said not your work number your personal number, he said what for? my mate replied so I can phone you up when you are enjoying a meal and talk crap to you

People who do the calling, it is 'just a job', but the reactions of the people called are 'part of the job', and have to be expected. I would prefer to be moderate in response, but can understand why some folk feel unable to be nice about it!

Comment

People on the door step!
                    JWs , Morons , Utilities, Charities & others I treat all the same I open the door look at them & close it again without saying a word .
                    Nobody has had the audacity to knock again.
                    Others come(other than friends) by appointment only.
                    Last edited by bubblewrap; 02-04-2009, 06:04 AM.
                    The river Trent is lovely, I know because I have walked on it for 18 years.
                    Brian Clough

Comment

My sister doesn't get JW since she put a 'green man' picture in the window....

Comment

We signed up to TPS when we moved here. I get very few, but when I do I just politely ask where they got the number from as we are with TPS....and once I find out where they did get the number from I ask them to take me off the list, ask for the company details, and tell them I'm making a note of the time and number just in case they 'forget' and call me again.

We had one company who kept ringing and ringing, several times a day. After asking politely to remove my details and doing the above each time, I would just answer politely, say 'Oh, you again, you really need to stop calling me as you know I'm just not interested - have you got a problem with your customer relationship management programme as you seem unable to update it, I can arrange some training for you if you like, what's the name of your Training Manager'....I only had to do it a couple of times and after that....silence at last. I think they thought I was certifiable as I did the above with 'Such a JOLLY voice'.

Comment

We're registered with TPS so get very very few cold calls, those that do are dealt with politely yet firmly. We get very little junk mail as we registered with the postal preference service (we obviously still get leaflet droppers), and our village is a "No cold calling zone" so get very very few door to door people. Again, these people are dealt with politely yet firmly.

If Hayden is creating when any of them ever call I'm sure I will be more firm than usual.
                          A simple dude trying to grow veg. http://haywayne.blogspot.com/

BLOG UPDATED! http://haywayne.blogspot.com/2012/01...ar-demand.html 30/01/2012

Practise makes us a little better, it doesn't make us perfect.

What would Vedder do?

Comment

I once kept a cold caller talking, just said 'Not interested' to each question he asked. In the end he pleaded with me to put my phone down as he was not allowed to hung up on anyone! sweet!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Hilary B View Post
                              We clearly have a rather different opinion of respect which is fair enough. However, if you think that somebody is being rude (or whatever) to you, that doesn't mean that you have to sink to the level of the person that you are criticising in the first place. Note that this post is a general comment and not specifically aimed at Hilary.

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

Originally posted by Alison View Post
                                We clearly have a rather different opinion of respect which is fair enough. However, if you think that somebody is being rude (or whatever) to you, that doesn't mean that you have to sink to the level of the person that you are criticising in the first place. Note that this post is a general comment and not specifically aimed at Hilary.
                                As it happens most of my comments were about what I often WISH I did about them (like the wonderful riposte you think of 10 minutes after the annoying ...person.. has gone on their way). In reality, I ask if they are 'selling' and if they admit it, I ring off. If they were to deny 'selling' and I later found out that was a lie, I doubt I would be so restrained......

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X