No announcement yet.

I got age-checked

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2 years ago my 'darling' son asked my ex next door (rather rotund) neighbour wether she was 'pregnant or just obese' - I could have died on the spot! As it turned out she was preggers but didn't realise herself until 6 months later - about a month before the actual birth.

Being asked for proof of age in my twenties use to wind me up - I'd love somebody to ask that now.

Comment

Originally posted by Two_Sheds View Post
      Cheers TS - fabbo!
      All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
      Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

I got ID'd the other day in the Range (i'm almost 26)... admittedly I was buying 3 packs of 5 knives at the time (OH uses them for a craft that needs a really sharp blade!)

I used to work in retail though and it's just not worth the risk of selling to someone underage.

Comment

Originally posted by sez View Post
          I used to work in retail though and it's just not worth the risk of selling to someone underage.
          so did I - and no it's not.
          However, I am 40 next year ... I do not look 18 and haven't done so for many years.
          Some staff do it just to liven up their day, I think.
          All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

so did I - and no it's not.
            However, I am 40 next year ... I do not look 18 and haven't done so for many years.

arrr TS, take the compliment and bag it up for a day when you feel "old looking", i get told all the time i dont look my age or act it lol!! Life begins at 40 and i am feeling younger everyday. xx

Comment

I would certainly liven up mine!

It would be annoying not to be able to buy something (and I'm thinking alcohol here, really) if you hadn't got any id on you. Not sure that I'm going to have to rush to carry id around with me, though.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
              Working...
              X