No announcement yet.

I got age-checked

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wish theyd ask me....like flum they even put my wine through without batting an eyelid
    The love of gardening is a seed once sown never dies ...

Comment

I was in an off-licence a few months back and they had a big notice on the counter:

Have your ID ready - age will be checked before alcohol can be purchased

I bought a few bottles of wine, paid for it and no one said a word (no surprise there). As they gave me back my change I asked:

How come you let me buy without checking my ID?

The two young men behind the counter almost fell over laughing.
      Last edited by maytreefrannie; 26-03-2009, 04:55 PM.
      My hopes are not always realized but I always hope (Ovid)

www.fransverse.blogspot.com

www.franscription.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by squashysu View Post
        1. TS - how old are you exactly
        I'll be 40 next year.
        All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Originally posted by Two_Sheds View Post
          I'll be 40 next year.
          mere youngster
          aka
          Suzie

Comment

A babe in arms - no wonder you were age-checked
            Happy Gardening,
            Shirley

Comment

A similar thing happened to the chap in front of me at Homebase last Saturday, he was buying some type of pruning shears (small ones).

The lad on the till had to wait until the supervisor came over to check the chap was over 18 (he looked older than me!). We all had a laugh about it!

I asked the lad on the till if he would ask my age just to make my day - he said no. You don't need proof of age to buy packets of seeds!
              Bernie aka DDL

Appreciate the little things in life because one day you will realise they are the big things

Comment

It would be better if we all had ID cards. As from 1st April most councils are having free swimming, for over 60s and under 16s.
                Will the council pools be packed?

FG

Comment

You could always grow a beard Two Sheds, a beard adds years to your appearance.
                  The river Trent is lovely, I know because I have walked on it for 18 years.
                  Brian Clough

Comment

Funny that.....can't say I've ever seen any reports of anyone ever being attacked with a paintscraper?

As a matter of interest do they do the same for Bic disposable razors then?
                    My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                    to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

I'd kiss 'em if someone asked me for proof of age
                      Hayley B

John Wayne's daughter, Marisa Wayne, will be competing with my Other Half, in the Macmillan 4x4 Challenge (in its 10th year) in March 2011, all sponsorship money goes to Macmillan Cancer Support, please sponsor them at http://www.justgiving.com/Mac4x4TeamDuke'

An Egg is for breakfast, a chook is for life

Comment

Originally posted by HayleyB View Post
                        I'd kiss 'em if someone asked me for proof of age
                        Think thats why the lad at Homebase was worried and didnt ask my age!
                        Bernie aka DDL

Appreciate the little things in life because one day you will realise they are the big things

Comment

The last time I was challenged over my age was in 1967 in a pub & yes I WAS 18 (nearly 19)
                          Brian Clough

Comment

Originally posted by bubblewrap View Post
                            The last time I was challenged over my age was in 1967 in a pub & yes I WAS 18 (nearly 19)
                            errr..... wasn't that when the limit was still 21??????
                            Flowers come in too many colours to see the world in black-and-white.

Comment

Hi
                              These rules on drink, knives etc are a real pain when you're on the other side of the till. You get threatened with all sorts by the management who are in line for prosecution and fines if one of these items is sold to someone underage. Apparently there are regular checks by police and council bods to try and catch you out. We had to check for anyone who appeared 21 or younger not just 18 or younger.
                              So it was always difficult, my worse one was 39 but she took it in good part!

Sue

Comment

Originally posted by Hilary B View Post
                                errr..... wasn't that when the limit was still 21??????
                                It's always been 18 for buying alcohol in a pub 18 year olds got the vote in 1970.
                                Brian Clough

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X