Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dogsbody View Post
    Notice on my shed:

"Thousands of years ago cats were worshipped as gods........

............cats have never forgotten this"
    ROFL I am sure my cat is well aware of this
    WPC F Hobbit, Shire police

Comment

this is drifting towards one of my favourite old jokes,stop me if I've told you...too late.Old ladies cats pass away so she takes them to the taxidermist."would you like them mounted?"..........................."no nose to nose will be fine".....................

Comment

Originally posted by Iamhanuman View Post
        Fiona, I just can't get worked up about this any more, not since what happened to our little boy cat - similar to dogsbody's post
        see this other thread for poor cat stories mine included

sorry
        I can't believe someone did that to your cat! That is just horrible, hope he's recovering now.
        I often threaten to turn my two into slippers, but I never mean it!
        Kirsty b xx

Comment

Originally posted by coreopsis View Post
          Does he come for a drink now and then?
          He did - in fact he used to try to sneak some of my drink, but at least he didn't spill it all over the carpet anymore! He's gone now sadly - I miss the little blighter. He was the crabbiest little so and so, couldn't stand visitors or any other people quite frankly - but was a real mummy's boy and would sulk if I wasn't around!!!!

Comment

I'm surrounded on 4 sides by cats and I moan like mad when they use my newly dug beds as their loo (especially when I'm planting and not wearing gloves - it's just disgusting). I'd never harm one, but if I catch whichever one has started using my asparagus bed. . .
            Life is too short for drama & petty things!
            So laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly!

Comment

Originally posted by Comfreyfan View Post
              I'm surrounded on 4 sides by cats and I moan like mad when they use my newly dug beds as their loo (especially when I'm planting and not wearing gloves - it's just disgusting). I'd never harm one, but if I catch whichever one has started using my asparagus bed. . .
              A supersoaker springs to mind
              I covered my beds to stop the poo lark, you can see from the pic how effective that was lol

Comment

I read somewhere that you could put in little sticks 20 cm apart, as that prevents them having enough room to do their 'business'! Probably not something you want to do in large areas, but could work for smaller garden beds.

Comment

Originally posted by GrubbyGirl View Post
                  It's well known that cats are a nuisance to gardners because they love to use their beds as toilets and it's also well known that cats never poop on their own patch.

Don't know where you heard that, but it's a falsehood if ever I heard one! Cats are MORE likely to defaecate on the borders of their patch. The problem being, what WE see as their borders and what THEY see are two different things. Cat territories cross into each other and it's in these unfortunate gardens that you will see more poo.

Thankfully, I have a lazy one that goes three doors away at most and he most definitely does most of his doings in my garden - I put aside a little patch speshally. I'm also lucky that for two doors either direction, they grow no veg whatsoever. Three doors away have two cats of their own, so Rosco doesn't normally go in there and if he does, he can blame it on them, lol!

p.s. container gardening is brilliant for avoiding kitty disturbance! Ask my parnsips!

Comment

Originally posted by SlugLobber View Post
                    p.s. container gardening is brilliant for avoiding kitty disturbance! Ask my parnsips!
                    You reckon? Check out what was going to be night scented stock
                    Attached Files

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X