some people are just rude

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Snadger View Post
    our bodies have evolved as omnivores to eat meat and vegetable matter. Our teeth are edged for cutting and tearing meat but we also have the grinding teeth of herbivores.
    Yep
    Our closest relative is the chimpanzee, whose diet is omnivorous (they will eat meat if they can) but they are mostly fruitarians: gatherers.

Fruitarianism is extreme veganism: they only eat living raw food, nothing cooked.
    I wouldn't want to do that, but respect those that do. It's possibly no worse than living on Mac Dee's muck.

This is an interesting paper: http://www.transbay.net/~teb/fruitar...itarian-1.html
    Last edited by Two_Sheds; 21-03-2009, 10:56 AM.
    All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Originally posted by petal View Post
      Call me naive but surely you can't be any sort of vegetarian or say you don't eat meat if you drink milk
      But milk isn't meat. It's milk.
      I get your point ... but you're describing veganism.

Not all veggies are card-carrying moral crusaders.
      Some don't eat meat because they don't like the taste/texture - it's not a moral issue at all.

I cook and handle meat for Mr Sheds, and Little One. Doesn't bother me, although I do buy free-range eggs & meat because I care about animal welfare. If it's expensive ... I just buy less of it. I can squeeze five meals out of one FR chicken, but that's another thread.
      All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
      Working...
      X