No announcement yet.

some people are just rude

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree with the others who think it wasn't the most elegant of comments, but not really meant as an insult. Don't take it too much to heart.

Comment

See,now I'm starting to wonder if I should be worried about peoples perceptions of me!!!???...I'm always surprising people that I'm NOT a veggie,everyone assumes I am!...Does that mean I'm ill looking with a Holier than thou attitude???
      It always amazes me though how people think a person is "this" or "that" just because of what they do or don't eat!
      the fates lead him who will;him who won't they drag.

Happiness is not having what you want,but wanting what you have.xx

Comment

Originally posted by TEB View Post
        Perhaps, more likely though its personal experience as a Restaurateur
        lol ! I'm not falling out with you, but I find chefs as intolerant as "some" veggies.

At last year's Works Do, the veggie starter was fish. When I said that fish was still flesh and therefore not vegetarian, the chef offered me orange juice.
        I graciously accepted. The pudding had (beef) gelatine in it too.

At a party, some wag thought it was funny to swap over the Meat Chilli and Veggie Chilli labels. I was pretty ill the next day

My old Nan used to make me ham omlette and tell me to "just pick the lumps out"

So do I have a bad attitude, or is it the people refusing to cater for me?
        All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Personally I don't think the trader was being rude... just stating his/her honest opinion.

As I have a skin like a rhino, I take offence at very little.

Good job you are not a politician...

Comment

You should try finding veggie dishes in Restaurants over here...a few are starting to appear in tourist areas
            "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Originally posted by Two_Sheds View Post
              lol ! I'm not falling out with you, but I find chefs as intolerant as "some" veggies.

At last year's Works Do, the veggie starter was fish. When I said that fish was still flesh and therefore not vegetarian, the chef offered me orange juice.
              I graciously accepted. The pudding had (beef) gelatine in it too.

At a party, some wag thought it was funny to swap over the Meat Chilli and Veggie Chilli labels. I was pretty ill the next day

My old Nan used to make me ham omlette and tell me to "just pick the lumps out"

So do I have a bad attitude, or is it the people refusing to cater for me?
              I quite agree re chefs, but I wasn't the chef , we had vegetarian options but not vegan (but would put them on for people if they phoned beforehand), we consciously didn't cater for vegans, all this is beside the point though, it wasnt about whether you were a vegetarian/vegan, it was the attitude of SOME that does cause the problem and like everything its the perceived minority that "all" become labelled with. For whats its worth the majority of my food is vegetarian but not because of any moral issue but because generally its healthier and tastes good.

PS and yes its people refusing to cater for you

Comment

There are all too many in the catering trade who simply do not understand the realities of vegetarian approach. I know of one chef who would not think twice about putting an Oxo cube (the original beef type) in a vegetarian dish.

There are also some VERY annoying vegetarians who really do think they are better people than us omnivores. (and a few omnivores who have no intention of giving up meat entirely, but still feel guilty about it. I only feel guilty when I give in to the temptation to buy meat that may not be produced to the highest welfare standards)

As with most situations, the annoying ones are the most conspicuous.......
                Flowers come in too many colours to see the world in black-and-white.

Comment

I've been looking at this all day. Has my comment about not eating meat being viewed as by some as an unhealthy diet been construed to mean that I have a higher moral attitude? That's not what I said and not what I meant.
                  Mark

Vegetable Kingdom blog

Comment

Originally posted by Capsid View Post
                    I've been looking at this all day. Has my comment about not eating meat being viewed as by some as an unhealthy diet been construed to mean that I have a higher moral attitude? That's not what I said and not what I meant.
                    Not the impression I got Capsid!...but ya know- everyone to their own...I was a health care worker - but there is no way I eat and drink according to healthy guidelines!!
                    ...and no I'm not proud of saying that- but I do love my freshly dug up spuds rolled in butter and sprinkled with home grown chives...and my sweetcorn fresh from the plant dripping with butter- and loads of cream with my freshly picked strawberries and raspberries...and a lovely thickly crusted apple pie with full cream icecream...I could go on!!!!

...and as it's so yummy I enjoy large portions....so I know what I SHOULD do ..but I don't- and I'm sure you understand why...

I admire peeps who eat healthily- and enjoy it ...i wish I had the inner strength!( sort of....)

OK...confession over.
                    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Originally posted by Victoria26 View Post
                      Thats nothing. The other day a wee old woman of around 75 walked straight into me.

Me being me I turned with a big smile and said "Oh, I do apologise" (Even though it was her fault btw)

She promptly turned and sneered at me and said "I should F***ing hope so" and barged past me.

Quick as you like I said "Well theres nothing like being nice you cantancerous old witch!" Still with a smile on my face and then I clicked away on my high heels.

Some people!! I was brought up to respect my elders but that was ridiculous. My husband was mortified.
                      LOL that reminds me of a vist with MIL a few years ago to her local WI plant market - never again! Swarms of tiny little blue-rinse Grannies threw away their Zimmer-frames and sprinted around the hall, elbowing everyone out of the way with their pointy little arms so they could get the bargains! I came out black and blue, and empty-handed!
                      All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
                      Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

I think some old people think they can say what they like by virtue of their age..I was insulted by an old woman a couple of years ago. I was leaving my friends house with his daughter who I was babysitting, she was coming in through the comunal door and she asked me... "Are you Paul's mother...? Pau's MOTHER !!?? Paul is 42 years old!! (I was 46 then). I said "No, I am not Paul's mother".
                        I got my own back on her though the next time I visited - I accidentally (it was accidentally too, really !!) pressed her buzzer instead of my friends meaning that she had to get of her fat @rse from the back of her flat and come through the hallway all the way to the front door. I said "oh, I am sorry... I pressed the wrong bell". That'll learn her. Flippin' cheeky mare.

Comment

Martha, I like your style
                          All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

It still hurts !!! I can't half hold a grudge me.

Comment

Originally posted by janeyo View Post
                              Long story but somehow or another a market trader (selling flowers) offered me a spare sausage roll yesterday (you couldn't make that up really lol) and I refused and told him thanks very much but I am a veggie. To which he looked me up and down and said ' blimy you look well for someone who doesn't eat meat.'

I was so shocked someone could be so rude I unfortunately didn't have a rude answer back.

The annoying thing is that I had already paid and was waiting for my change, so couldn't just walk away and not buy anything.

Needless to say I won't be going back there.

Blooming cheek.
                              I have got to the age whereif anyone tells me I am looking well, I would take it as a compliment and probably swoon

Originally posted by Victoria26 View Post
                              Thats nothing. The other day a wee old woman of around 75 walked straight into me.

Me being me I turned with a big smile and said "Oh, I do apologise" (Even though it was her fault btw)

She promptly turned and sneered at me and said "I should F***ing hope so" and barged past me.

Quick as you like I said "Well theres nothing like being nice you cantancerous old witch!" Still with a smile on my face and then I clicked away on my high heels.

Some people!! I was brought up to respect my elders but that was ridiculous. My husband was mortified.
                              Hysterical! Absolutely priceless
                              WPC F Hobbit, Shire police

Comment

Originally posted by Marthaclematis View Post
                                I think some old people think they can say what they like by virtue of their age..I was insulted by an old woman a couple of years ago. I was leaving my friends house with his daughter who I was babysitting, she was coming in through the comunal door and she asked me... "Are you Paul's mother...? Pau's MOTHER !!?? Paul is 42 years old!! (I was 46 then). I said "No, I am not Paul's mother".
                                I got my own back on her though the next time I visited - I accidentally (it was accidentally too, really !!) pressed her buzzer instead of my friends meaning that she had to get of her fat @rse from the back of her flat and come through the hallway all the way to the front door. I said "oh, I am sorry... I pressed the wrong bell". That'll learn her. Flippin' cheeky mare.
                                Poor lady had probably lost her glasses and was absolutely mortified when she realised what she's said....
                                I've been asked when the baby was due before now... after I'd had a hysterectomy Made me go on a diet though

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X