some people just don't get it

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Norburger View Post
    I agree... a few people have tried to rib me about my lottie only being 34 etc... and all that... but one person had the cheek to rib me and then talk about joining the WI !!!! and she is 38.

Some people want to take 5 and look at them self! .

What can be bad about growing your own combined with the fresh air. I am hooked already.
    No need to shout.
    Sent from my pc cos I don't have an i-phone.

Comment

people like to take the mick but are always grateful for free, fresh produce, has anyone noticed? A lot of it is jealousy.

Comment

Many moons ago I was made redundant from a long time job. After doing all the little jobs in the house that needed doing I set too turning over the MIL's extensive garden and created a productive vegetable patch! I was out of work for six months but managed to keep active and keep myself and family in fresh veg!
        This was my 'induction' into veg gardening and paved the way for a life long obsession with organic fruit and veg growing!

I suppose in my instance 'Every cloud had a silver lining'!
        Last edited by Snadger; 16-03-2009, 07:26 AM.
        My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
        to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Originally posted by petal View Post
          people like to take the mick but are always grateful for free, fresh produce, has anyone noticed? A lot of it is jealousy.
          Yup, like I said somewhere else this evening;

As soon as you get Hens, people think you've got 'spare' eggs!

My answer is; They're not spare, they're £1 for six!!!

CHEEK!
          All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
          Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

My boss (in his late 30s) was so blown away with the fruit, veg and jams that I've taken in, that he is going to have a go at a few bits and pieces in his garden.

Shame though, he went and bought a mini greenhouse, seed trays and some seed. Spent all last Saturday getting cramp in his fingers planting his seeds and put them in the mini greenhouse.

Went in doors a sat down to a cuppa, when the wind picked up and over went his MGH.

Says he's not put off, was going out this weekend to get more seed and compost and said the MGH will be tied off to the trellis.

Little acorns perhaps?
            I am certain that the day my boat comes in, I'll be at the airport.

Comment

had the same thing happen to me and i was gutted

Comment

Rainbowbright! I think your name says it all! It's a positive and optimistic name so I guess you have a positive outlook on life, thats great! Bless you for trying to help your friend. Lets just hope your friend can see the light at the end of
                his garden, and help himself to some goodness!

Have a wonderfull week!
                Last edited by Irie Jan; 16-03-2009, 01:16 PM.
                Live like you never lived before!

Laugh Like you never laughed before!

Love like you never loved before!

One Love & Unity

http://iriejans.blogspot.com/

Comment

The problem with some people they think that the world owe's them a living and he has had a shock to his sytem and self esteem when he sort's himself out if he ever do's he wll be a diferent case altogether....jacob
                  What lies behind us,And what lies before us,Are tiny matters compared to what lies Within us ...
                  Ralph Waide Emmerson

Comment

My philosophy on life is this:

I intend to enjoy life BEFORE retirement. If that means that I grow my own, sew, make jam, cakes and biccies, snooze in the sun...at the grand old age of 32, then so be it!

I know people who are the same. I posted recently on my Nephew's facebook page about how his Mum (my sister) had complained no end about a very short walk (20 mins) in the countryside. It was so bad, we turned back, as they wouldn't go near mud, grass, anything not tarmacked...This was the response she posted,

"u cheeky sod we not country bumpkins r end we drive cars not combine harvesters n we have drink binges not pumkin growin comps for entertainment"

I didn't post a reply. I was speechless. I'm definitely adopted! By the way, she lives in spitting distance of the West Penning Moors, so not exactly London!

Comment

Hmm often I actually get a response that I think is based on guilt and jealousy.
                      When I say that I don't want to serve up a coctail of chemically sprayed food, transported for thousands of miles and past its best together with a side serving of convience urgh in a plastic tray to my family then I often get a well its alright for you, you have the time. Uh huh sure I do, I work full time during term time. I have a busy job, I have three growing boys and three cats oh and a fab husband. The only me time I get (and love) is when Im in the garden. I just have different priorities. Its all very different when my home made goodies come into work...oh yes the story changes then, I feel like the hen who asked for help to make a loaf of bread !!

Comment

I used to hate gardening, couldn't drag me outside even on the nicest of days, but on an economy drive early last year I decided to grow my own and yes, now I'm hooked.

I'm 38, couldn't give a monkeys if anyone was to laugh at me for having an allotment because my children will be eating fresh vegetables (I hope) and getting fresh air and exercise in the process.
                        http://theconfusedgardener.blogspot.com/

Comment

No shouting, just dont like the standard small font :-)
                          http://norburger.blogspot.com/
                          http://www.justgiving.com/jasonnorledge

Comment

Having spent all morning and most of the afternoon listening to someone wingeing about being unemployed, but who can't seem to see how a job is not the be all and end all of life and that an interest might give them the sort of positive attitude that an employer might want, I can well understand your frustrations. This person seemed to think that the entire system was weighted against her. I know it can be depressing and disheartening, - my OH was unemployed for a few weeks in 2007, - but there comes a point when you have to sort things out for yourself. This person seemed to think that I was advocating that she gave up her job search, this wasn't what I meant at all, but obsessively trawling the internet for a job each and every morning, then moping for the rest of the day, can't be doing her any good. A quick search of the net, then the rest of the day doing something she enjoyed, be it GYO, volunteering or whatever might make her feel more positive and confident and in the long term make her more likely to land a job.
                            Into each life some rain must fall........but this is getting ridiculous.

Comment

I don't know why anybody thinks gardening is only for old people. It's for everybody who wants to do it.
                              I can understand why some people just don't like it and for them it would just be a misery.
                              Your unemployed friend might think about some voluntary work. There's plenty of opportunity and I know quite a few people who found good jobs through their voluntary work. And it shows a prospective employer that you're not the kind of person who wants to sit about and do nothing.

From each according to his ability, to each according to his needs.

Comment

I was unemployed for six months and it can be scary especially if you are used to working and having a wage. Whilst i was though i voluntered for a charity, helped my mum more and thought about what i wanted to do. I didn't have a mortgage though at the time which made a difference.
                                Some people don't have the motivation to get up and go out and do things though and this guy sounds like that. He is the fuddy duddy thinking that gardening is only for people of a particular age, of all the things you can do gardening is a life long interest.
                                He is obviously unhappy with his lot in life but is happy sitting around moaning about it!
                                When weeding, the best way to make sure you are removing a weed and not a valuable plant is to pull on it. If it comes out of the ground easily, it is a valuable plant. ~Author Unknown

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X