No announcement yet.

facebook

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I joined facebook for a while at the instigation of children/nephews/nieces. I couldn't really be doing with all the being poked and giving people fish and such. As I found I'd not been on for ages I 'defaced' myself. I'm sure they still have me in the archives but there was never any personal detail on there (I'm not THAT stupid!) I'd rather spend time here or on chook forums!
    Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

I'm a big Facebooker (and Twitterer come to that). I'll go and join the Grape group right now!

Comment

I joined it today

Comment

well i still have facebook, still don't understand it, still don't understand why i would want to see who scored what in some game they play or who has a headache or who thinks they're sexy

still don't get the point of people "adding" you as a "friend" on facebook but never contact you or anything

i always thought friendship involves communication, sending birthday and christmas cards, visiting each other and things like that?
          well, that's what happens with the non-facebook friends i have ......
          http://MeAndMyVeggies.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by Farmer_Gyles View Post
            i always thought friendship involves communication, sending birthday and christmas cards, visiting each other and things like that?
            well, that's what happens with the non-facebook friends i have ......
            and to a large extent that's what I use Bookface for - it actually has the added benefit of informing you of who's birthday it is, and who's is coming up - very handy.

I have arranged a number of get togethers, dinner parties, barbecues etc via Bookface.

It's not for everyone - but then not everybody likes email when they can telephone.
            A simple dude trying to grow veg. http://haywayne.blogspot.com/

BLOG UPDATED! http://haywayne.blogspot.com/2012/01...ar-demand.html 30/01/2012

Practise makes us a little better, it doesn't make us perfect.

What would Vedder do?

Comment

For those of us with families halfway around the world [and siblings in the States], and friends all around the world/country; it is brilliant. I may have mentioned finding my half brother on Facebook and for that alone I'll be eternally grateful.

It is a very easy way of keeping in touch with people who are your friend in real life and making new friends on t'internet who may or may not become friends in the flesh [so to speak].

Comment

I am on Facebook, didn't realise I have been on there for about 3 years!! I only use it to communicate with mates.
                Follow my garden and chilli growing project... @impatientgrower

Comment

I'm on FB and just joined the group!
                  Love 'n' Stuff
                  Babs

My Blog - My Little Patch Of Culinary Heaven

Comment

I recently found a school friend on fb that I havent seen since we left school in the early 70's might be due to the fact that she emigrated to Western Australia in 1980 ( I would never have guessed ). I always wondered where she and many others had dissapeared to. I am now looking for more, if they dont want to get in touch they dont have to.
                    Gardening ..... begins with daybreak
                    and ends with backache

Comment

I'm on there too, and am quite addicted. I find it useful to keep in touch with people who otherwise i may not be able to for whatever reason, have found old school friends etc - its interesting to see what people are up to after all this time. I don't have any friends on there that i don't know though, but am always up for making new friends. I'm on the GYO thingy group too.
                      Jane,
                      keen but (slightly less) clueless
                      http://janesvegpatch.blogspot.com

Comment

I'm a fairly recent convert...I'll admit a while back I was a bit of an internet snob & thought it all a little sad,but actually,does it really matter whether you meet a friend at a mums & tots group,down the pub or on the computer?
                        Other than several "non~real" friends,I've refound two really special & loved friends that circumstances meant we lost touch for too long.Much as I'd prefer to be sat comfy having a proper chinwag with them,tis not possible,so FB will just have to do!
                        Just a shame about the games!!!...anyone fancy a game of Scramble?
                        the fates lead him who will;him who won't they drag.

Happiness is not having what you want,but wanting what you have.xx

Comment

No thanks Di!! I have been playing scarbble for ages, and Im not all that good at the word games!! Give me breaking bricks and bejewelled blitz any time!!
                          Kirsty b xx

Comment

Originally posted by HeyWayne View Post
                            and to a large extent that's what I use Bookface for - it actually has the added benefit of informing you of who's birthday it is, and who's is coming up - very handy.

I have arranged a number of get togethers, dinner parties, barbecues etc via Bookface.
                            but those people are *real life* friends, proper friends, not just people who "add you as a facebook friend" and never communicate with you or anything

i can see there can be some value if you have real life friends on it, just a different way of doing things we already do .....
                            http://MeAndMyVeggies.blogspot.com

Comment

apart from the usual things, I joined a fb group set up to try to compile a family tree (my grandmother had an unusual surname) this has so far been quite interesting and we have people from all over the world now looking into how we could all possibly be related.

i suppose it is what you make it.
                              Kernow rag nevra

Some people feel the rain, others just get wet.
                              Bob Dylan

Comment

I'm on Facebook and have just joined the group.
                                I love FB as I have family all over the world and have reconnected with old friends through it too.
                                How else would my Grandad in the USA be able to watch his great grandson master riding a bike in the UK?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X