Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Flummery View Post
    Are we twins, separated at birth?
    I hope so, you seem like a really nice person to me. Or... perhaps I am the evil twin?
    A garden is a lovesome thing, God wot! (Thomas Edward Brown)

Comment

I think it's easier to give up something at this time of year. New Year doesn't really seem like a new start - too cold and damp and horrible for me! But Spring, clearing the greenhouse, cutting the hedges, giving the liver a helping hand - it all fits!

You, evil, nah!

Hey, I love the idea of giving up champage - imagine drinking that much that it was an effort to stop!
      Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

But you can have what ever you have given up on a sunday!!! I have given up housework as I cant do it anyway at the moment lol.
        Gardening ..... begins with daybreak
        and ends with backache

Comment

Nah, nothing given up here, never really seen the point of it but good luck to all those who are.

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

Originally posted by jackie j View Post
            But you can have what ever you have given up on a sunday!!! I have given up housework as I cant do it anyway at the moment lol.
            Oh no! No cheating in this house. Some say you can have whatever you've given up on Mothering Sunday - but we never do.
            Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

Oh no! No cheating in this house. Some say you can have whatever you've given up on Mothering Sunday - but we never do.
              A lady vicar said it on gmtv the other morning you can have it on a sunday she was also giving up drinking wine but could have the comunual wine on a sunday not just because it was comunual wine.
              Gardening ..... begins with daybreak
              and ends with backache

Comment

I'm with Zazen - giving up giving up. No willpower, see. May cut down on a few things tho (work, cleaning, ironing...)
                All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
                Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

ive decided to give up crystal meth
                  Religions die when they are proved to be true. Science is the record of dead religions.

Comment

I'm giving up plastic for Lent (not the spending kind, the packaging kind!!)

I'm not religious at all, but thought it was a good way of reducing my plastic for a set amount of time to see how difficult it is....

Comment

DD has given up sweets, she handed me a carrier bag of them on Tues night to hide away and has told the boyfriend he can't buy her any more. I don't know if he's been trying to sweeten her attitude to him, or buy her affection.
                      We explained all about it to our Japanese student, she was very interested and amused when DD was fishing various sweets from her school bag. She's not giving up all sugar though.
                      She and her brother gave up all fizzy drinks last year, and made it through until Easter .
                      I'm giving up sweet stuff and any butter or spread on bread. I've had to give up alcohol anyway because of the tablets the GP gave me on Monday, so that doesn't count
                      Last edited by BarleySugar; 26-02-2009, 04:05 PM.
                      I could not live without a garden, it is my place to unwind and recover, to marvel at the power of all growing things, even weeds!
                      Now a little Shrinking Violet.

http://potagerplot.blogspot.com/

Comment

I'm a bit too boring to do ANYTHING to excess, so there's little point in me giving up drinking. I didn't even have a sip of alkyol on my birthday, which gives an indication of what a wild party animal I isn't.

I suppose I could ADD something for Lent and do more exercise, upping to 4 x a week not including hossy stuff? Yeah, I like to be different. More exercise it is. Then I can eat choccie.
                        Last edited by SlugLobber; 26-02-2009, 04:19 PM.

Comment

I am going to give up, being used,, every time someone wants their pc fixing they bring it to me, only time they want to know me,, so from now they will have to pay like all the rest !!,, feel like being mean,, really mean,, may even charge them double!!

Comment

...I'm giving up alcohol. So come on - anyone giving anything up?
                            With the 6Ns on I should bally well say not ... wot
                            aka
                            Suzie

Comment

If you gave up champagne for Lent, do you suppose you could still have sparkling wine?! Switch to Asti Spumante instead?

Comment

I always give up alcohol for Lent which tends to mean stocking up on the Kaliber (for drinking with curries) and nice fruit juices. If you count 40 days from Ash Wednesday, that comes to Palm Sunday being the last, but someone told me that you aren't supposed to count the Sundays (so presumably you really do un-give-up on Sundays) and then it lasts until Easter Sunday. I prefer to go with Palm Sunday, and start drinking again a bit sooner. This year I plan on giving up butter as well, but I might forget (genuinely, because I don't usually do that).
                                Flowers come in too many colours to see the world in black-and-white.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X