No announcement yet.

Buried Treasure!!??

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well you're in the money bubblewrap. I've never seen a farthing before!
    AKA Angie

Comment

Originally posted by NOG View Post
      There is an unexploded V2 rocket under my plot. I hope I never "find" it.
      Never tried growing rocket!
      The river Trent is lovely, I know because I have walked on it for 18 years.
      Brian Clough

Comment

i've found enough bricks to build a base to the chicken house, and probably nearly enough for a path right down the garden, ..... so i suppose they are worth more than a farthing lol ....... not exactly treasure though

Comment

Originally posted by selfraising View Post
          Well you're in the money bubblewrap. I've never seen a farthing before!
          Not worth much 960 to the £ out of circulation 1960
          Farthing (British coin) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
          The river Trent is lovely, I know because I have walked on it for 18 years.
          Brian Clough

Comment

A watering can and lots of undug spuds and onions.
            When weeding, the best way to make sure you are removing a weed and not a valuable plant is to pull on it. If it comes out of the ground easily, it is a valuable plant. ~Author Unknown

Comment

Originally posted by bubblewrap View Post
              Never tried growing rocket!

Ha ha I like that
              AKA Angie

Comment

Yeah but you know what they say, one persons trash is another persons treasure!!
                AKA Angie

Comment

Originally posted by selfraising View Post
                  Just wondered if anyone else has found anything unusual buried in their plots or gardens? Last year I was emptying one of my containers to re-fill with fresh compost, to my suprise about two thirds down, I found a boiled egg in it's shell!!! I couldn't believe it! Someone suggested it might have been a fox but what I don't understand is that the soil appeared undisturbed.......Spooky
                  When I first got my chooks they weren't laying and I was quite paranoid about it. Then one day I found an eggshell with remains of egg in it in my run. I panicked and thought " Cripes the chooks ARE laying eggs then eating them".
                  It took me a days pondering to realise the egg I had found was HARD BOILED!
                  Some of the guys on the lottie had decided to wind me up by chucking a boiled egg into the run.
                  Must admit it was quite embarrassing as I'd already related my fears to them...........and they didn't even snigger!
                  My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                  to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Ha Ha! Poor you Snadger! I bet they were egged on!
                    AKA Angie

Comment

Snadger thats priceless I would have fallen for it too.....
                      WPC F Hobbit, Shire police

Comment

Found best part of a French moped less wheels and engine, whilst digging out my carrot bed.
                        My ex found a very old Spanish coin, I think from the 1600's. We had the fosse put in the back garden and she found it when she chucked the grass seed down on the bare earth afterwards. She did a bit of research and the reign of the Spanish king was a very short one indeed, so there's every chance it will be worth a bit of cash.
                        Never found a boiled egg though.
                        Was walking round the edge of one of my neighbours fields, not long after it have been harvested, and found about a quarter of what looked like one of my chickens!!
                        Bob Leponge
                        Life's disappointments are so much harder to take if you don't know any swear words.

Comment

Here's a thread from a while ago....makes interesting reading!

http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...asure_449.html

We have our metal detector out here- so this summer we'll be out in the feld...probably finding even more rusty barbed wire!!!

The guy who live in this house in the 1920's is still around- and I've asked one of our neighbours to ask where his rubbish tip was for the house...it'd been in the family for generations- so there must be some interesting bits of household rubbish dumped somewhere in the field!
                          "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

I found a donkey shoe in my garden, but that's it. Otherwise it's lots and lots of broken glass!

I find lots of cat truffles, if you know what I mean...

Comment

I've found loads of bits of clay pipe and tiny bits of blue and white china here. Apparently our road was the site of a few farm-workers' cottages a hundre or so years ago. Not treasure - except to someone with archaeological leanings.

I found an old three-penny bit - the multi-sided one - on my old allotment. It was dated 1945 and I found it on the 50th anniversay of VE day!
                              Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

Originally posted by Snadger
                                When I first got my chooks they weren't laying and I was quite paranoid about it. Then one day I found an eggshell with remains of egg in it in my run. I panicked and thought " Cripes the chooks ARE laying eggs then eating them".
                                It took me a days pondering to realise the egg I had found was HARD BOILED!
                                Even worse then Snadge? The chooks were laying the eggs and then cooking them before eating them!!!!

To see a world in a grain of sand
                                And a heaven in a wild flower

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X