No announcement yet.

How did your OH propose?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Married twice, never proposed either time I dont think, it just seemed like what we should do. Divorced twice. Maybe there's a lesson there somewhere???
    Bob Leponge
    Life's disappointments are so much harder to take if you don't know any swear words.

Comment

It was my girlfriends birthday and I offered to cook her a full Chinese meal at home. She could choose the menu and I would cook it for her.

I even made the Fortune cookies and inside hers was my proposal of marriage.

She cried and couldn't speak for what seemed like ages after reading it - all I could think was, "Is that a yes or a no?"

21 superb years later - still a resounding yes.

Comment

It was coming up to 5 years since we met and my girlfriend had to go to Switzerland for a few days for work. A perfect opportunity to go buy a ring. I had to call in sick (had no holiday left) and went shopping. When she came back we went out for a posh meal exactly 5 years after our first ever date. When we got home I gave her a wrapped up box and said here's your '5 years going out' present. Inside was nothing except a note that said "Only joking, here's your real present...". I got down on one knee held out the ring and asked her to marry me. Of course she said yes I (and I thought you'd never ask). We then got married exactly a year later. Been together just over 9 years now, and I only have to remember one date as it's the same one for 1st date, proposal and wedding day.

Comment

Oh, these are all so lovely!!

Mr OWG and I were set up on a sort of blind date, as we were the only single people in our respective groups of friends. I had come out of a horrible relationship and had vowed that I wanted to spend some time being single and independent etc.

We met on 17 June, and 'accidentally' got engaged 2 weeks later. Mr OWG was going to buy me a piece of jewellery as a present (as I was off to University) - I already had a watch, and a bracelet and a necklace. So we decided on a friendship ring, but whilst we were at the jewellers, it turned into an engagement ring.

I went off to University (locally) and we spent all week commuting between my halls of residence and his house; so in the October, I left halls of residence and moved in with Mr OWG, almost 4 months to the day that we met.

I don't think either of us ever actually proposed. We just knew we would be together forever. We got married 4 years later, after we'd both finished University. This year we'll have been together for 11 years, married for 7 of those.

Comment

I am all dewey eyed reading these today! So sweet

Comment

In bed, at midnight, on my Birthday. I think he's the most wonderful man in the world, and he gives me new reasons to think so every day.
              I don't roll on Shabbos

Comment

My O.H. was lying flat on his back in a hospital bed when he proposed! We'd not been going out very long, probably about 3 months & he'd injured his back & was having treatment & I was visiting him every night & sneaking in food (& beer!) to cheer him up, one night he said 'What are you planning doing next year?', I said 'nothing much, why?' & he said 'Well how do you fancy getting married then?!' It took us about 4 years to get round to it though but then we just planned it in about 3 weeks & went out & did it! Been 28 years this July & we're still speaking to each other!
                Into every life a little rain must fall.

Comment

Mine was rubbish I'm ashamed to say.

One day I will ask LadyWayne properly.
                  A simple dude trying to grow veg. http://haywayne.blogspot.com/

BLOG UPDATED! http://haywayne.blogspot.com/2012/01...ar-demand.html 30/01/2012

Practise makes us a little better, it doesn't make us perfect.

What would Vedder do?

Comment

Neither of us asked the other. We met at university - spent all our time together and just both assumed that we would. We did. It's lasted - 38 years and counting!
                    Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

My first marriage lasted 18 years and i cant remember how or where he asked i do remember him asking my mum though. I met my second husband at work in a pub, he knew i was married and that i had four boys, my marriage broke up and he offered to pick me up and drop me off after work, he started ringing me everyday to see how i was. after a year of doing this he sent flowers to work for me, no one knew before that.
                      We went camping just the two of us on the moors and he got down on one knee and asked me to marry him, i could just about see him lol we married on april 15th 1995 i was 40 in the january 1995 and on april 30th 1996 our daughter was born 9 days after his 40th birthday.
                      Gardening ..... begins with daybreak
                      and ends with backache

Comment

Hubby and I met December 17th 1993, just as the bells rung in 1994 hubby proposed. We were married July 9th 1994 and NO it was not a shotgun wedding

Comment

On the morning of Feb 29th 2004, wifey brought me breakfast in bed (not unusual - we took it in turns and it happened to be her turn) and gave me a little jigsaw to make (again, not unusual we quite often did that sort of thing) - when I made it she told me to turn it over and on the back it said "Will you marry me".

Comment

I'm so pleased I started this thread. It's lovely to hear everyones stories. Hubby doesn't believe I've started a thread that is so romantic (I'm never romantic at home!)
                            Keep your lovely storeis coming everyone.
                            Bernie aka DDL

Appreciate the little things in life because one day you will realise they are the big things

Comment

I flew out on holiday to Zante on September the 11th - THE september the 11th. What a mare - I had watched, in horror, the story unfold on the tv in the staff conference room as I was working half day. My friend and I finaly got to the airport an hour late (panic traveling caused traffic jams) we were delayed only 7 hours (only!) and got there safely. My now hubby was so pleased when I rung to say that I had got there safe that he cried.

Incedentaly it was the best holiday I had ever had - ALL the Brits where we were staying (of all ages, race etc) all sort of got together during the holiday, over the shock of what had happened and we all became really close.

It was the turning point for our slow but sure relationship between my then boyfriend and I - not sure when or how but during the course of that 2 week holiday he sort of proposed over various text messages.
                              Tammy x x x x
                              Fine and Dandy but busy as always

God made rainy days so gardeners could get the housework done

Stay at home Mum (and proud of it) to Bluebelle(8), Bashfull Bill(6) and twincesses Pea & Pod (2)!!!!

Comment

first time was in a text message when I worked away at sea and he was about to leave for oz for a year, we wernt even properly together because I kept telling myself it wouldnt work, well it did and we bought a house when he came home, it took him another 12 months to get the courage to ask my dad, then I came home from work one day to find a little card on the front door with a poem inside that was the first part of a treasure hunt, I had to go upstairs put on waterproofs, go to the bathroom found two champange flutes floating in the bath, go to the garden, to find the champange, go to the allotment to find bob, he didnt get down on one knee it was really muddy, then he made me a lovley dinner.
                                Yo an' Bob
                                Walk lightly on the earth
                                take only what you need
                                give all you can
                                and your produce will be bountifull

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X