How did your OH propose?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RedThorn View Post
    I proposed to OH on a beautiful white sandy beach in Capetown at sunset. Nobody else on the beach waves crashing, her sunglasses pinning her hair out of her face... On 1 knee. She said yes (poor girl didn't know what she was letting herself in for )
    But has she guessed now?
    I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed person.

Comment

Originally posted by sharonr View Post
      But has she guessed now?
      OI you! yup she does and she still puts up with me!
      Never test the depth of the water with both feet

The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory....

Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.

Comment

OH told me on our second date that he wanted to marry me, but he didn't expect me to answer straight away. He said it was only fair for me to know how he felt. I said yes about a week later, but to please parents, we waited 18 months before the wedding. We've been married 29 years come August, he was my first and only boyfriend.
        I could not live without a garden, it is my place to unwind and recover, to marvel at the power of all growing things, even weeds!
        Now a little Shrinking Violet.

http://potagerplot.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by BarleySugar View Post
          OH told me on our second date that he wanted to marry me, but he didn't expect me to answer straight away. He said it was only fair for me to know how he felt. I said yes about a week later, but to please parents, we waited 18 months before the wedding. We've been married 29 years come August, he was my first and only boyfriend.
          Aww bless congrats
          Never test the depth of the water with both feet

The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory....

Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.

Comment

awwwwwww keep em coming, they are all really sweet and romantic (even those of you that don't think so) ..... i have never had a proposal, and my OH says he won't get married again ..... but i need to get married at least once before i die, ..... cos at my funeral, i do NOT want the vicar saying, here lies Lynda ..... spinster of this parish ....... tis the words i dread lol ....... ok i'll be dead but i might still be watching

looks like i need a new man if i find out i'm about to die eh?
            Last edited by lynda66; 23-02-2009, 09:10 PM.

Comment

He might change his mind?
              I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed person.

Comment

nah, he won't even move to manchester lol ....... and i aint moving to barrow so if they tell me i'm gonna die at the hospital tomorrow, i may be looking for a new one

Comment

My darling husband said - Marry me, and I promise you will never regret it.
                  I never have. Darling man.

From each according to his ability, to each according to his needs.

Comment

He asked me a couple of times and i said no because i didn't want to get married, trauma of marraige to not very nice man a couple of years before, said when i was ready i would let him know.
                    His birthday is on valentines day, he had never had a birthday cake as a child, (mum and dad wouldn't win any parents of the year awards!)
                    So i had a cake made for his birthday on valentines day, when he opened the box, the cake had the message 'marry me?'. He said yes, lots of cake, bubbly and happily married five years this year.
                    When weeding, the best way to make sure you are removing a weed and not a valuable plant is to pull on it. If it comes out of the ground easily, it is a valuable plant. ~Author Unknown

Comment

My husband proposed to me on Valentines day and we went to our first formal dress dance that night.
                      I was 17 years old any my parents were horrified.
                      We saved up all our pennies and 2 years later we bought our own house so they had to say yes.
                      We have been married 44 years and are still as much in love as ever.

And when your back stops aching,
                      And your hands begin to harden.
                      You will find yourself a partner,
                      In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

MR H asked me too look up at the stars presented me with a HUGE bunch of flowers and asked me to marry him. I said no! Told him as he never ever bought me flowers normally he could stick em. Ok so we had been going through a bad patch and I was a grumpy old bat!

He asked me again a week later when we were snuggling on the sofa, ok snogging cos the kids were in bed and I said yes.
                        That was nine years ago and I can honestly say it was the best decision I have ever made. Just hope he would say the same
                        WPC F Hobbit, Shire police

Comment

[QUOTE=FionaH;382154]MR H asked me too look up at the stars presented me with a HUGE bunch of flowers and asked me to marry him. I said no! Told him as he never ever bought me flowers normally he could stick em. Ok so we had been going through a bad patch and I was a grumpy old bat!
                          QUOTE]

Brilliant!!! PMSL
                          Kirsty b xx

Comment

hope you've had flowers since then fiona lol

Comment

Ahhh all so sweet

I met my old man one Sat night in the town hall. He came home for coffee, he stayed all night we talked and talked. (our song is you drink your coffee i sip my tea....thinking what will be will be) He never left.....that is the gods honest truth. We married 5 months later. He proposed on one knee after about 2 months, he was a little bit drunk and i said to him, "you better ask me in the morning when your sober" he did and we did so to speak. We have been married 13 years, have three children and we get on just fine

Comment

my oh proposed to me lol out of the blue really
                                met her on friday the 13th dec 1996 i was workin in a pub in darwen as bar manager
                                and employed this young guy who pulled a pint better than me and i had been doin for years and it was his first ever pulled pint lol
                                anyway 3weeks later this lady comes in and comes to bar and i served her i was thinkin she seems very nice then 10mins after the lad comes to me and says his mum wants a word i was shocked she looked more like his sister and not just sayin that
                                anyway she asked what time i got break and like true manager i said after everyone else had theirs i will be back she says lol
                                me bright red never happened like that before
                                anyway walked her home and stayed the night and no no no we did just talk
                                about each other i had just been in a very bad realationship and didnt want another in fact was still living under same roof as the ex at the time very upsetting
                                so maz after a couple of days suggested i move in with her and did so on the 26th dec of december then on the 3rd of january day before i went back to work after christmas
                                she hit me with this proposal
                                IF YOU EVER ASK THE ANSWER IS YES
                                i didnt know wot to say so i said yes right away and we got married on the 1st march 1997 and still together through thick and thin 12yrs this march
                                dont take for granted that you hold dear
                                for once its gone you will miss it
                                and thats to late

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X