No announcement yet.

A what have you been buying thread!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

got myself a vitapod propagator and Flummery sent me some Lancashire Lad peas ... well made up ... ... also where can i get mature rhubarb crowns from ??

Comment

TKMAXX was great-

got a border spade, border fork, grass rake and hand trowel all part of the classic by senator range that i already have most other tools for- all at drop prices!!! i was superbly chuffed.

i also got a pair of yellow and blue hunter 'festival' wellies to give to a freind as a very nice 21st birthday present- she will be the proud owner of some £75 wellies which only cost me £25!!!

love tkmaxx sometimes... altho did look very strang being pushed in a wheelchair by my mom, whilst i held a massive rake, spade and fork going through the middle of the bullring shopping center

Comment

Just got back from Aldi's & am now 1 apple,1 plum a peach & a nectarine tree better off.....couldn't decide between the peach & nectarine,but at £4 each,blew caution to thw wind & got both!!!
        the fates lead him who will;him who won't they drag.

Happiness is not having what you want,but wanting what you have.xx

Comment

oh - and I forgot the most important buy - three replacement panes of glass for the greenhouse .
          "I prefer rogues to imbeciles as they sometimes take a rest" (Alexander Dumas)
          "It is neccessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live" (also Alexandre Dumas)
          Oxfordshire

Comment

Bought 4 mini greenhouses from Dobbies - reduced to £13 each. Honesty seeds, Blackcurrant fizz poppy seeds. Bought 4 packs of fruit bushes from Lidl and Aldi. Off work on Sunday and going back to Dobbies to see what sales are on in Cotton Traders. Bought hubby Sony MP3 player and Fender Electric guitar. Not spending any more this month (apart from Dobbies on Sunday) Not spending during March cause we have seen a house we want and will be spending enough if we can get it - we will need a wet room for hubby (I think scary prices)

Comment

Originally posted by Claire72 View Post
              Thanks to poundland, recently, I have bought
              blueberry bushes
              strawberry plants
              fleece
              netting
              polytunnel/mini cloches
              garden string

also a gardening book from a charity shop for 2.00
              bit scarey that

i bought the similar things from poundland but got a kids book and a yoghurt maker from the charity shop for £3.50. did you see the seeds? 6 types in one pack. £1!! no wonder its called poundland
              above the clouds the sun is shining and the sky is blue. if you look hard enough you can just about see it!

Comment

I went to the city with OH,made "pretty please" eyes and I got:
                3 big bags of fresh multipurpose compost
                3 bags of seed tatties(2 Desiree and 1 Pink Fir Apple)

and I'm over the moon...

Comment

lol love seeing what everyones buying! I must make a jog to pundland on Monday; thanks for the tip
                  Peaceful days are in the garden!

Comment

seed trays @99p
                    sulphate of potash 5.99
                    miracle grow 2.99
                    compost£10.00
                    plant lables 99p
                    2 mini cloche tunnels 4.00
                    plant spiral stakes 2.00
                    45 3" pots 2.97

i wasint going to spend any money this weekend !
                    i think ill have to hide half of this lot and just say
                    " och ive had that lot for ages "

Comment

I`ve brought 6 fruit trees from Aldi, £4.18 each, and a pack of gooseberry, blackberry and raspberry plants.
                      I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed person.

Comment

Oooohhhh. I've been unleashed on Ebay.
                        A wooden greenhouse (finally. Anyone live in Norwich fancy giving me a hand dropping it? Wine and cheese offered as a reward).
                        Several Le Creuset items (incredibly, cheaper in UK than in France)
                        A mirror for my bathroom (There's a song there somewhere)
                        Bob Leponge
                        Life's disappointments are so much harder to take if you don't know any swear words.

Comment

It's that time of the year when all the bricos and gardening sheds in France have their offers.

Friday was a quiet day, two large plastic composters, couple of pots and some trays and modules.

Saturday was a new lawnmower, more pots, compost, begonia tubers.

Next week it's a new Karcher pressure cleaner and a couple of other bits and bobs.
                          TonyF, Dordogne 24220

Comment

Five big bags of multi purpose compost with added John Innes for potting on and planting up from our local nursery.

Comment

Originally posted by jackie j View Post
                              Far too much spent recently especially at the garden centre.
                              I can relate to that! I should have shares in some of them!

On the way back home from my second trip to the tip yesterday, I did a detour and before I knew it, was wandering around B&Q garden centre. Now how did that happen

Bought:
                              • 4 x bags of seed compost
                              • Fleece
                              • Twine and string
                              • 2 x compost caddys (don't know why as I don't compost anything but I convinced myself I could find a use for them)
                              • Miracle Gro

Also just got a heated propagator I ordered online that arrived last week so I'm all set for seed sowing next weekend

Comment

Hi Tony.. what Lawnmowe did you get?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X