No announcement yet.

Do you have a tattoo?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Slightly off topic I once told my mum I was going to get my belly pierced when it was flat enough.
    She looked at me and said' well I don't need to worry about that just yet then'

Bloomin cheek.

She was right though, it's still not flat enough and looking less likely by the day after 2 c-sections lol

Comment

Originally posted by janeyo View Post
      Slightly off topic I once told my mum I was going to get my belly pierced when it was flat enough.
      She looked at me and said' well I don't need to worry about that just yet then'
      I had mine done in my lunch hour at work about 4 years ago.... I wasn't thin either!

Sadly, it grew out about a year later. I woke up one morning and the bar was laying on the bed, not attached to my belly button... no blood or anything though!

Don't think I'd get it done again though now, especially now I know about all the cleaning of it, and what a general pain it is when it's healing!

Comment

Originally posted by OverWyreGrower View Post
        I had mine done in my lunch hour at work about 4 years ago.... I wasn't thin either!

Sadly, it grew out about a year later. I woke up one morning and the bar was laying on the bed, not attached to my belly button... no blood or anything though!

Don't think I'd get it done again though now, especially now I know about all the cleaning of it, and what a general pain it is when it's healing!
        i love mine, luckily no infection .... just swilled it with a glass of sea salt water twice a day, was awful when you caught it though

Comment

My son is coming with me on the Great Wall of China trek and he says there is a famous tattooist in Beijing. He has plans to go and get another one there so he can say he has a famous one. Wonder if I might be tempted in to number 3

Comment

I'm a wimp when it comes to needles too, so could never have the real thing (although both my ears are pierced twice), however, when I was 18 and starting my 'I want a Harley' phase (ongoing!), my grandmother told me that i'd get a motorbike over her dead body. So, for a joke I drew a tatoo of a broadsword and snake on my forearm with liquid eyeliner and coloured it with watercolours. She nearly had a fit when i took my leather biker jacket off!!
            Last edited by Pumpkin Becki; 13-02-2009, 12:58 PM.

Comment

I have a butterfly on my upper back, I like the design, a bit more unsual than regular butterfly ones. I want one more though, a small outline of an Oak leaf on my inner right foot

My brother has waaaaaay too many tattoos, silly ones like his name (?Maybe in case he forgets it??), his football club logo, barbed wire etc on his arms!!

Definitelt think carefully before getting one to be sure you'll still want it in the future!
              http://jenegademaster.blogspot.com/

Comment

I have 3.....cantonese symbols on upper arm...Family, souls & Spirit and Love.
                I've just found (after 4 year of looking) an artist to do my next one in Manchester (thats the hardest part).
                Impossible is not a fact its an opinion...
                Impossible is not a decleration its a dare...
                Impossible is potential......

www.danmonaghan.co.uk

Comment

No tatts...but I did have a pierced tongue for many years. When I had my op in hopsital it had to come out and I could never do it up as tight again - so it kept falling out and a couple of times the screwy ball end got swallowed...the last time I couldn't get to a shop to get another one in time and it closed up.

Comment

I had one about 15 years ago, after many years of wanting one but not finding the right thing. It is a very individual design and very personally meaningful to me. Its on the front of my left shoulder (if that makes sense!) so is easily hidden when the need arises. Those who know me well see it, and those really interested in me know what it means and why!

I still love it just as much today, though most of the time I dont even notice it, and I would love to add to it - so it grows with me as I grow.

Wayne, have one yes, but have one that is personal and special and meaningful to you not some random 'off the shelf' design. Mine will certainly never be seen anywhere else!
                    Life may not be the party we hoped for but since we're here we might as well dance

Comment

when i was 30, i had tigger from winnie the pooh on my shoulder, i still love tigger and he bounces well lol!! then i had a little tribal sign in black on my left ankle and that was cool!

when i was 40 i had 3 stars in black tattooed onto the inside of my right wrist, one for each of my children.

A lot of people comment about my stars and i love them as i love my kids, they are my stars, i dont ever regret having them done and i would love a sunflower on the bottom of my back, i think i may just do it, why not, live for the day!

Do what you want to do Wayne, its cool, your body and all that.

(ps. see i told you to start this thread lol)

Comment

I had the chinese symbol for energy on top of my left arm for my 10th wedding anniversary. My OH had a dragon around a castle on his for the same thing.
                        He also has a dragon around a sword on his right arm and a dragon on his right shoulder blade.
                        I think he likes dragons. Well he is married to me. LOL.
                        I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed person.

Comment

Yep, I've got a cat on the top of my left arm. A chap I used to work with, who was very good at drawing, drew the design for me and then the tatoo chap destroyed the design afterwards.
                          I had it done whilst listening to Princess Diana's funeral. I had it put on my arm so if I wear a short sleeved top I can cover it up, or if I wear sleeveless I can show it off.
                          I don't regret it, although it was b****y painful whilst it was being done.
                          Bernie aka DDL

Appreciate the little things in life because one day you will realise they are the big things

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X