No announcement yet.

Do you have a tattoo?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Two of my sons have tattoo's. One has a barcode on his neck ???!!! and a panther on his shoulder as well as Angel ( he so isnt ) written across the base of his spine. The other one has loads including Ninja turtles cos he loved them when he was little, he also has loads of piercings.
    Gardening ..... begins with daybreak
    and ends with backache

Comment

I have on one my left upper arm - a celtic cross set in a heart, but I am planning another two next year - one of Iona and one of Niamh - I can take the photos in and have them copied. Iona says she can't wait !!
      Rat

British by birth
      Scottish by the Grace of God

http://scotsburngarden.blogspot.com/
      http://davethegardener.blogspot.com/

Comment

No tattoos (daughter has a lovely one though) but I did have my belly-button pierced till I had to take it out when I had my gallstones out and it won't go back in now (I'm too old now to show it off anyway).

It's your body you're contemplating decorating, so only you can say whether it's yes or no. Just remember though, whatever it is will be with you for the rest of your life. Will it be in a place that'll get wrinkly with age? What will the effect be then?
        My girls found their way into my heart and now they nest there

Comment

I have one, tis on my shoulder and so wish I hadnt.

Comment

I have two.. a large one over my right shoulder blade on my back, and another good sized one on the area inside my right pelvis bone. I like the idea that I can cover them up and be professional (I'm a teacher), but when I wear a tank-top or fancy dress I can show off the one on my shoulder (the other one only my husband sees!).

I love them and haven't ever regretted it once (had them for five years now). I want more!
            Last edited by Gwen11ian; 12-02-2009, 08:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MaureenHall View Post
              No tattoos (daughter has a lovely one though) but I did have my belly-button pierced till I had to take it out when I had my gallstones out and it won't go back in now .
              Did your bum fall off ?

I have no tattoos but I do have both ears pierced & I wear a pair of 18 carat gold earrings(bought in Turkey).
              The river Trent is lovely, I know because I have walked on it for 18 years.
              Brian Clough

Comment

I haven't, never fancied being stuck with the same thing forever, I just know I'd get bored with it! On other people I much prefer the pattern/symbol sort to the picture/writing ones.

Comment

Originally posted by piskieinboots View Post
                  slightly off topic here - but that same day as you were having that tattoo I was visiting GZ, it was a very humbling experience
                  And on that same day I was celebrating my birthday.

With regard to the thinking long and hard about it - I've been thinking about it for about 17 years now, so it's not a rash decision.

I think the birth of Bean has made me think about it again, and LadyWayne is indifferent about it - she has a small one on one of her boobs.

If, and I stress if, I ever get one done it will be something that means a great deal to me, and won't be an overnight decision. My late grandad had some on his forearms that he'd had done as a young man and always regretted them - but then he got them as an act of bravado.

There is of course also the cost...
                  A simple dude trying to grow veg. http://haywayne.blogspot.com/

BLOG UPDATED! http://haywayne.blogspot.com/2012/01...ar-demand.html 30/01/2012

Practise makes us a little better, it doesn't make us perfect.

What would Vedder do?

Comment

I have a tattoo in a place where only 2 people can see it, it is of a dolphin, not too big but small enough :-) and no it didnt hurt.
                    Dont worry about tomorrow, live for today

Comment

Well to live up to the soldier stereotype, I have plenty. All over. Arms, legs, shoulders, ankles (OWWWW) and on my cheeks!!!
                      Do I regret them? Well I also did have the traditional borstal tattoos on my knuckles, and those I did regret so they have been laser removed.
                      The remainder can be hidden if I so wish. People do have preconcieved ideas about tattoos and people who have them, which imho is wrong. Surely the person is important, not whether they choose to have some body adornment or other?
                      Not sure whether it was advice on tatts or on having them that you were after, but if you are, the only thing I would say is make sure its somewhere you can hide it if you need to.
                      Otherwise, enjoy choosing it and enjoy having it. I love mine.
                      Bob Leponge
                      Life's disappointments are so much harder to take if you don't know any swear words.

Comment

Originally posted by bobleponge View Post
                        make sure its somewhere you can hide it if you need to.
                        Otherwise, enjoy choosing it and enjoy having it. I love mine.
                        That's a given in my opinion. Cheers dude.

What would Vedder do?

Comment

Originally posted by Rhona View Post
                          (more pics for us to ooh and ahh at whenever you fancy by the way)
                          You have mail.

What would Vedder do?

Comment

hmmmm, tricky one! They can look mega chavvy, it's just a matter of personal taste.
                            My ex had one of an elf without a beard cause he had to ask the tattoist to stop!
                            I think if I had one (which I probably wouldn't cause I'm wussy about needles) I would have a small dragon cause that's what resonates with me, 2 of my spirit guides are dragons.
                            Imagination is everything, it is a preview of what is to become.

Comment

ok i have six tattoos and i am happy with all but one.i have them on upper right arm,my stomach,my lower back, between my shoulder blades,the full length of my right calfand lastly on my inner wrist which i had done last year after my dad died,it is three daisies for my mom my dad and my dog who died a week after my dad, and i have many a piercing, a few that not many people get to see

Comment

I have a small one about 2" high and 1" wide. Its in a place I don't often see, and I often forget I have it. Got at age 19 when 'it seemed like a good idea'. Only got a little hideable one in case I did regret it, which I don't. Similarly, if I do get my 'Lauren Rose' it will be equally hidden and personal.
                                Kirsty b xx

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X